• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1002 replies to this topic

#1 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

A sleek blue starship, bearing the label "Planet Express," glides gracefully over a vast, futuristic metropolis. Suddenly, it swerves and crashes into an enormous video screen, crashing out the other side. Now wildly out of control, the ship spirals downward before impacting the roof of a small building. The nose and cockpit of the ship now hang through the ceiling of an unassuming bar.

A hatchway in the ship opens, and the patrons of Ten Forward tumble out haphazardly, landing in a heap.

From within the ship, a female voice says, "Sorry. I don't have good depth perception."

Ensign Edwards--now inexplicably clad in a white lab coat, thick glasses, and slippers--scrambles out of the pile and holds up his arms. "Good news, everyone!" he declares. "We have arrived in the wondrous world of the year 3010!"

In the background, a rather dramatic voice declares, "Welcome to the world of tomorrooooow!"

Grumbling slightly, the Ten Forward regulars come to their feet and survey the bar. Aside from a few unfamiliar sights--such as a lobster-like creature gorging on a bucket of krill in one corner--it feels like home. The captains' items are there; as is Riker's trombone. Pink2 and RoboCup are present, though RoboCup emits more steam than usual as a certain bending robot flirts with Pink2.

The Ten Forward patrons take their seats. Ensign Edwards requests a Slurm from the bartender.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 02:45 PM

*Barbara brushes off the space dust and immediately hops to her feet.* Uh, great landing. *she says to no one in particular and double checks the bruise on her shoulder.*

EE you look funny in those glasses. *gigglesnortchuckle*

Hey, a rock lobster. Coolness. I guess I'll have a Virgin Texas Peachfuzz and whatever yummy treats there are in 3010. Let the show begin!!!
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#3 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

New avatar for the bar!
Uh, Barbara... it's best not to consort with Zoidberg.

They just did.

Bu-bu-but... they can't.

Maybe that's why I was so unimpressed with the original Iron Man. :P

Oh, pish tosh, you don't like anything awesome. :rolleyes:

Yes, we were. You were welcome to join in if you had wanted. You saw I was online. And I'm sure you knew Clark was online, too. Just assume we were talking. :upsidedown:

I assumed that were you to talk, you would use the conversation in place that already had all three of us in it.
Unless you were being secretive and sneaky. Posted Image
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#4 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

New avatar for the bar!

Yay!!

Oh, pish tosh, you don't like anything awesome. :rolleyes:

POT=KETTLE=BLACK
Posted Image <----I love this guy!

*trekkin' tumbles out of the mass of bodies.* Hmmm?? Everything is so...2D...*She rubs her eye*
Hey...what the? Well..one eye explains the 2D...no depth perception. I wonder if this is a flashback from all that acid I did in the '80's??

The rocket launch was super cool! Only 3 hit the water. It was very windy out. I gotta say, I was very impressed!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#5 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

Oh, pish tosh, you don't like anything awesome. public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif

I like plenty of awesome things. Like, say, Warcraft Orcs. And Futurama. And Lord of the Rings.

And for the record, I didn't hate the original Iron Man. I just thought it was kinda underwhelming.

#6 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

Hey Trekkin!

@Apoco: why not? Looks harmless. Posted Image

@EE: LOTR = Awesome X4

I has a cold. I am sleepy. I took Benydryl ........ weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#7 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

Where is Raptor ? Here is Raptor. He was on the road again...

#8 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

POT=KETTLE=BLACK

No, I love all awesome things. Odds are, if I don't love it, it's not awesome. :P
I used to have a better shifty-eye smiley that I got from a different forum, and could have sworn I'd saved it somewhere on my comp, but I couldn't find it and had to settle for subpar but still effective other smiley. The first smiley was more paranoid.
I do have this awesome Venom instead. Enjoy.
Posted Image

@Apoco: why not? Looks harmless. Posted Image

Because shunning Zoidberg is just something that comes naturally, like the sun rising, or Calculon giving an Oscar-worthy performance that brings tears to my eyes.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#9 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

Terilynn transports into the bar along with YER, Riker and Riker.

Sorry, I don't travel well in ships that have depth perception problems.

She looks around the joint as is pleased to see that the Captains' belongings and the juke box have made the trip intact.

EE is always good about bringing the essentials. Thanks for getting everyone here EE!

She notices a large lobster in the corner gorging on a bucket o'krill.

C'est la vie.

New avatar for the bar!

Yay! I luvs the new avatar!

I like plenty of awesome things. Like, say, Warcraft Orcs. And Futurama. And Lord of the Rings.

And for the record, I didn't hate the original Iron Man. I just thought it was kinda underwhelming.

I haven't seen either - which is bad, considering they were both filmed near my house. I really should support films filmed in NM.

I've been away too raptor. I'm tired. you?

#10 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

Allee just shows up, for lack of a better entrance.

I liked him too. Posted Image

Posted Image

I do have this awesome Venom instead. Enjoy.
Posted Image

Okay, him I love. Posted Image

Oh, in case anyone was worried, I now have the correct allergy medicine which doesn't expire until 2012 - which works out, since the world's coming to an end then anyway. Posted Image
Help make Pauline America's Next Author! http://www.ebookmall...hor/pauline-mac

Posted Image

#11 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:51 PM

Oh, in case anyone was worried, I now have the correct allergy medicine which doesn't expire until 2012 - which works out, since the world's coming to an end then anyway. Posted Image

Yay for correct meds!

#12 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

Allee just shows up, for lack of a better entrance.

As does Pauline Posted Image

This is good to hear!

I have a friend who's angry at me cos I told her the end was coming in 2012...

Quick pop in (I'm meant to be going out in about 4 minutes).

Having a friend over today and I'd really like to get carrot cake for morning tea, problem is I can never find a good one Posted Image

Oh well, I'll have to think of something else...

Oh! and EE - love your bar Posted Image

Catch ya all later Posted Image

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#13 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

For all those who believe the world will end in 2012 - do me a favor - create a will and leave me all your stuff. :) *giggle*

I have eaten a thin bagel, an orange and now some popcorn. So far so good (I've been a little ill lately.) I think I got a little dose of eColi...

#14 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:12 PM

Okie dokie...I am officially tired and I haven't even made dinner.

It is going down to like 35º tonight. WTF??? It was that cold last night. Enough of this New England weather already!

TL...don't tell me you were in CT...I'll scream!! Oh...I've been to Mohegan Sun, now...so you have to meet me there! (It kinda sucks...but they MUST have a spa...if not, I know that Foxwoods does!)

My daughter just stomped away from my aged...old i-Mac complaining that it is "not working"!! It is just slow. What can I tell her. She is trying to create something fantastic in photoshop.

Alrighty then...

*glares at Bender who is making Pink2 nervous.*

See you later.

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#15 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:21 PM

For all those who believe the world will end in 2012 - do me a favor - create a will and leave me all your stuff. Posted Image *giggle*

Posted Image

I have eaten a thin bagel, an orange and now some popcorn. So far so good (I've been a little ill lately.) I think I got a little dose of eColi...

Posted Image

Wait, what's a thin bagel? Well, I can kinda figure that one out, but I mean I haven't seen or heard of this. Have I been under a rock or is this something new? Posted Image
Help make Pauline America's Next Author! http://www.ebookmall...hor/pauline-mac

Posted Image

#16 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:34 PM

Lessee...its a bagel in New Mexico...it just ain't kosher, whatever it is....

#17 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:01 PM

For all those who believe the world will end in 2012 - do me a favor - create a will and leave me all your stuff. :) *giggle*

http://eternal-earthbound-pets.com/

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#18 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

Okie dokie...I am officially tired and I haven't even made dinner.

It is going down to like 35º tonight. WTF??? It was that cold last night. Enough of this New England weather already!

TL...don't tell me you were in CT...I'll scream!! Oh...I've been to Mohegan Sun, now...so you have to meet me there! (It kinda sucks...but they MUST have a spa...if not, I know that Foxwoods does!)

My daughter just stomped away from my aged...old i-Mac complaining that it is "not working"!! It is just slow. What can I tell her. She is trying to create something fantastic in photoshop.

Alrighty then...

*glares at Bender who is making Pink2 nervous.*

See you later.

No. I've been home. Stuck.

#19 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

My parents keep trying to make me eat. My stomach hurts. I'm not eating. It's almost to the point of conflict.

Bu-bu-but... they can't.

Yes huh. :P

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#20 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:23 PM

I assumed that were you to talk, you would use the conversation in place that already had all three of us in it.Unless you were being secretive and sneaky. Posted Image

I can't remember why, but last week Clark and I moved to a private conversation thingy. But if you want to talk, by all means, start talking.

Raptor! Helloooo...

My parents keep trying to make me eat. My stomach hurts. I'm not eating. It's almost to the point of conflict.

For the past two days my parents have been making me eat. Then they get mad if I leave food on my plate. They tried to feed me some coconut-marinated chicken...I hate coconut...so it just made me feel even more sick. Now I feel a little better; I might even down some grits.

Feel better soon, Frooty!
Unless life gives you water and sugar as well, your lemonade is going to suck.

Love Should Not Divide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users