• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1002 replies to this topic

#21 Andorian Brandyman

Andorian Brandyman

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:54 PM

Hello all, just thought I would get my feet wet here. I see the 2012 theory is abound. If memory serves that prediction has been going on for years. :nod: Is this like an anything goes thread as in talk about whatever ??
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier- One died for your soul; the other died for your freedom.

#22 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

My parents keep trying to make me eat. My stomach hurts. I'm not eating. It's almost to the point of conflict.

Back in the dark ages I used to be ridiculously thin. My mother thought that I was anorexic or something and used to pile my plate with food...of course, by dinner, I had the munchies and chowed it all down. Never put on an ounce. For those of you on FB you can see some of those skinny kid pics.

Anyhoo...now...I like to eat just as much...but it makes me fat.:sadangel:

Andorian Brandyman!! I was just going to go invite you here...You are a perfect customer!! Here you go!!

Posted Image
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#23 Andorian Brandyman

Andorian Brandyman

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:01 PM

Back in the dark ages I used to be ridiculously thin. My mother thought that I was anorexic or something and used to pile my plate with food...of course, by dinner, I had the munchies and chowed it all down. Never put on an ounce. For those of you on FB you can see some of those skinny kid pics.

Andorian Brandyman!! I was just going to go invite you here...You are a perfect customer!! Here you go!!

Posted Image

Why thank you, no really I needed that. :cheers:
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier- One died for your soul; the other died for your freedom.

#24 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:03 PM

Hello all, just thought I would get my feet wet here. I see the 2012 theory is abound. If memory serves that prediction has been going on for years. :nod: Is this like an anything goes thread as in talk about whatever ??

You got it! This is our little bar...hang out...multi-purpose thread. We are traveling the universe and through time and dimensions. This particular location is a Futurama bar. If I were you, I would read the intros to a few of the bars...we are on 26, now and familiarize yourself with the joint.

But, in short, we have any food or drink you want...between our replicators, Pink2D2, Robo-Cup and the M5-Multitronic Unit. We have a jukebox that takes 20th century coins...available from the statue on top of it....there is a pool table, a couch, a kiddie pool, ummm?? A crocodile...A painting by Claude Monet...a poker table...sorry about the bathroom...it is still kinda gross from the last dive in the Village....

Good to have you aboard!!:cheers:

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#25 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:04 PM

Welcome to 10F AB!

*terilynn sidles up to her new guest*

Thanks for pouring the first round trekkin!

I'm the barmistress here (although I've been traveling the galaxy a lot lately). While I'm away, I have an amazing group of friends to keep the place hoppin! YER (Young Ensign Redshirt) and the Riker Boys (Will and Tom) are my ... *cough* "help". They also keep my boots shiny and sharp.

The drinks are always free here!

#26 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

Oh...and we have a drink list....

lessee....Fuzzy Malcolm, Dead Denobulan, Hot Tucker, Hot Buttered Tucker, Pine Punch, Double Meh, Purple Mouse, oh....what was that new Vulcan drink called?

There are others, but I can't remember them all now....

#27 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

Welcome to TF! :wave: I'm Disconnected Drone...but everyone just calls me Droney.

I think I'll have a Pine Punch, pleeeaaase.
Unless life gives you water and sugar as well, your lemonade is going to suck.

Love Should Not Divide

#28 Andorian Brandyman

Andorian Brandyman

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

Welcome to 10F AB!

*terilynn sidles up to her new guest*

Thanks for pouring the first round trekkin!

I'm the barmistress here (although I've been traveling the galaxy a lot lately). While I'm away, I have an amazing group of friends to keep the place hoppin! YER (Young Ensign Redshirt) and the Riker Boys (Will and Tom) are my ... *cough* "help". They also keep my boots shiny and sharp.

The drinks are always free here!

Slide right up terilynn ;) man this place is great. Thanks for the intro trekken :)

Welcome to TF! :wave: I'm Disconnected Drone...but everyone just calls me Droney.

I think I'll have a Pine Punch, pleeeaaase.

Good evening, and thanks for the welcome. :thumbsup:

Edited by Andorian Brandyman, 10 May 2010 - 11:11 PM.

#29 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:14 PM

Posted Image

Here you are...oh...you mean the drink...

Uhh...

*trekkin' slides the glass across the bar to Droney, winking...*

#30 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:15 PM

Glad you like it! We're quite fond of it. We've all worked hard to make it one of the friendliest Trek places around.

(Hey - ee - is that....is that....a Riker head in a jar over there? Dude - don't let Will or Tom see it - it'll freak em out.)

Hey all - I thought I saw a new drink in the last bar - a ninja pinky nerve pinch or something or other? what's that supposed to be so I can make sure YER has the recipe...

Pine did get punched alot in that movie...didn't he? lol

#31 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

Good evening, and thanks for the welcome. :thumbsup:

Actually, it's 'good morning' for me; I visit TF from China, you see. :upsidedown:

Posted ImageHere you are...oh...you mean the drink...Uhh...*trekkin' slides the glass across the bar to Droney, winking...*

:drool:

Oh...ummm...yeah, of course I meant the drink. :rolleyes:

Love Should Not Divide

#32 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:19 PM

Posted Image

Heya TL...I think you have been working YER too hard. Or is it not hard enough?

#33 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:27 PM

Posted Image

Heya TL...I think you have been working YER too hard. Or is it not hard enough?

Oh, I've been working him VERY hard. Let him sleep for a bit.

Speaking of sleep...

*Terilynn grabs Tom by the hand*

Come'on...
Posted Image

Edited by Terilynn, 10 May 2010 - 11:28 PM.

#34 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

Hey all, just in for a quick visit.....the new bar is awesome! Is there anything we can do about that fishy smell emanating from the general area of that krill barrel? And that bathroom....isn't there some mega antiseptic suction thingy the white-coated glasses guy could invent that could clean it?

Hi AB! Welcome.....you are going to like it here......

TL, good to have you back....hope you can plant your boots for a bit....things got dicey a few times in the other bar!

trekkin, and Droney, looks like it's Ladies Night at the bar.....should be fun!!!!

I'll have a Hot Buttered Tucker. Gotta run for a bit, I'll try to get back later.

Hi frooty.....just saw you there....hope you are feeling better.
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#35 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:50 PM

For the past two days my parents have been making me eat. Then they get mad if I leave food on my plate. They tried to feed me some coconut-marinated chicken...I hate coconut...so it just made me feel even more sick. Now I feel a little better; I might even down some grits.

Feel better soon, Frooty!

They just made me eat. I feel soo sick. My stomach hurts like hell. I have seen it bulge this much in a couple years probably. I just need to not eat much for a couple days. Let my system clear out and go back to normal. But my parents keep phloxing with that. It's been like this for a week. I hate this. Why can't it already phloxing be september and I can get out of here and be allowed to control my own life. My only solution is to not eat at all tomorrow if I can help it. It's not what I want. It's not what's best, but I can't stand the stomach pain anymore.

I don't eat much. My body just doesn't work that way. I'm pretty lightweight. I don't do sports anymore. I hardly have any physical activity right now, so I don't need the energy from the food. I eat two meals a day. And that's plenty. I can't eat this much. I'm sick. Food tastes like phlox to me.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#36 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:52 PM

Posted Image

:thumbsup:

trekkin, and Droney, looks like it's Ladies Night at the bar.....should be fun!!!!

I'll have a Hot Buttered Tucker. Gotta run for a bit, I'll try to get back later.

Okie dokie! Let's get tish a nice "drink"....
Posted Image

It's a dirty, hot buttered Tucker...Okay??

#37 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:55 PM

trekkin, and Droney, looks like it's Ladies Night at the bar.....should be fun!!!!I'll have a Hot Buttered Tucker. Gotta run for a bit, I'll try to get back later.Hi frooty.....just saw you there....hope you are feeling better.

Ladies Night! Yay!

Love Should Not Divide

#38 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:58 PM

Welcome, Andorian Brandyman! I see the others have already done a good job of showing you around.

@frooty: Your parents shouldn't force you to eat. That's both foolish and wrong.

Because shunning Zoidberg is just something that comes naturally, like the sun rising, or Calculon giving an Oscar-worthy performance that brings tears to my eyes.

Wow, you're really getting into this.

Oh! and EE - love your bar public/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif

*Gracious bow.*

(Hey - ee - is that....is that....a Riker head in a jar over there? Dude - don't let Will or Tom see it - it'll freak em out.)

This must be evidence of some very bizarre disruptions in the space/time continuum.

#39 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:00 AM

They just made me eat. I feel soo sick. My stomach hurts like hell. I have seen it bulge this much in a couple years probably. I just need to not eat much for a couple days. Let my system clear out and go back to normal. But my parents keep phloxing with that. It's been like this for a week. I hate this. Why can't it already phloxing be september and I can get out of here and be allowed to control my own life. My only solution is to not eat at all tomorrow if I can help it. It's not what I want. It's not what's best, but I can't stand the stomach pain anymore.

I don't eat much. My body just doesn't work that way. I'm pretty lightweight. I don't do sports anymore. I hardly have any physical activity right now, so I don't need the energy from the food. I eat two meals a day. And that's plenty. I can't eat this much. I'm sick. Food tastes like phlox to me.

Loopy...you could try to limit your portion size. I know they are watching you, but what if you agreed to go to a nutritionist?? You will probably be right and they are wrong...At least about the amount of food you should eat per day. You could also try eating a decent breakfast in front of them, going easy on lunch..and then eating dinner. I have never been much of a breakfast person, myself. I don't think I ate any breakfast at your age. I vaguely remember eating yogurt for lunch and then a big dinner (as I posted above). I was and am still a snacker, though. Especially...if there is chocolate in the house. I have to deprive my kids of chocolate...so that their Mom doesn't blow up into a giant bon bon!!

#40 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:24 AM

Sven!! Long time no see!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users