Photo

Rate "Victory of the Daleks"

8 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate "Victory of the Daleks" (4 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate the Doctor Who episode "Victory of the Daleks"?

1. A (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. B (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. C (1 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. D (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. F (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:21 PM

How would you rate the Doctor Who episode "Victory of the Daleks"?
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:40 AM

It got a lot of hate from the impossible to please fans over at Outpost Gallifrey, and while it did have plot holes it was entertaining till the last. I enjoyed how the Doctor handled the Daleks and I loved a good campy evil Dalek plot. It reminded me a lot of some of the 4th Doctor's Dalek story lines.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#3 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 01:48 AM

Oh and the new Daleks are a concept handed down from the BBC execs to sell more toys. I don't blame the production crew for that so I didn't count that in my overall rating of the episode.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#4 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:31 AM

... while it did have plot holes it was entertaining till the last.

Uh ... no. It wasn't really all that entertaining. It just gave me an empty feeling, like nothing really important happened. And it also felt rushed, even though there wasn't really much of a story.

It reminded me a lot of some of the 4th Doctor's Dalek story lines.

I don't remember any of those stinking. You couldn't possibly say this was as good as "Genesis of the Daleks", which is probably one of the best Dalek episodes ever.

Anyway, this episode gets a "C" from me. I'm glad they brought the Daleks back (they're a good enemy to have around), but that doesn't save this episode from mediocrity. And I hope the next Dalek episode is better than this one. Yawn.
Posted Image

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#5 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

I don't remember any of those stinking. You couldn't possibly say this was as good as "Genesis of the Daleks", which is probably one of the best Dalek episodes ever.

Anyway, this episode gets a "C" from me. I'm glad they brought the Daleks back (they're a good enemy to have around), but that doesn't save this episode from mediocrity. And I hope the next Dalek episode is better than this one. Yawn.

The 4th doctor was around a lot of years. Not all his Dalek episodes were like Genisis. :lol:

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#6 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 10:20 PM

The 4th doctor was around a lot of years. Not all his Dalek episodes were like Genisis. :lol:

Actually, there were only two Dalek episodes during the Tom Baker era: "Genesis of the Daleks" and "Destiny of the Daleks".
Posted Image

#7 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:41 AM

The spitfire scene was pretty cool. The new Daleks look better. It is twice now Amy saved the day.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#8 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

How would I rate Victory of the daleks. Not very highly, as with most of the Moffat show, science is an issue. It is nowhere near as good as Power on which it is partly based.

#9 Greystone

Greystone

Master Warrant Officer

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:06 PM

The spitfire scene was pretty cool. The new Daleks look better. It is twice now Amy saved the day.

Amy saved the day... yawn, there's a taster of things to come... :wallbash:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users