• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1002 replies to this topic

#1 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:27 AM

On some street in New York City, the sign on the front door of some dingy bar was flipped around by a hand, stretching disembodied from the murky darkness of its interior, so that it read "OPEN." The man to which the hand belonged had spent a good while making sure the bar was as dirty and seedy as possible, and was currently wiping the bar glasses just so with a less-than-clean rag as he took his usual position. He'd become somewhat accustomed to standing behind the bar in the past few weeks. Or was it months?

"Meh," he said to himself. "Oh, that reminds me..."

He grabbed haphazardly at the exotic bottles resting behind him and poured a few indeterminate amounts of liquid into a glass as he glanced around at the shady people filing into the bar. Some muscled thug was perusing the jukebox selections, a bit perplexed that he had been doing so for about an hour and hadn't yet reached the end. He probably never would. A man smoking a cigarette was pawing at Pink2 and her companion of indeterminate status (some said friend, some said married), Robocup, trying to ascertain what they did and why they looked like a pair of R2-D2s. YER was making himself busy dirtying the windows a bit when the front door slammed open.

The bartender finished whipping up his Meh (he had no idea if it would be a Double, Triple, or greater until his first guest showed up) and watched as one of the members of the mask and cape crowd stalked over to the ensign and, without a word, grabbed him by the collar and forcibly dragged him out the side door into the alley. The bar's patrons paused for a moment of silence, not shocked but not quite at ease, and before the chatter started up again, faint words could be heard outside.

"When is the drug shipment coming in?"

"What are you talking abou--aaaaaagh!"

"When!?"

The bartender shrugged and figured that this is something they would be getting used to. He also made a mental note that the event in question was, in his own words, "phloxing awesome."

Free drink at the ready for the first arrival (well, they were all free for his extended circle of friends), he turned his head expectantly towards the door.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

Never one to turn down free anything walks in to the new place picks up the drink. New York hmmm....

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#3 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:02 AM

*Grabs a can and writes on it with a Federation-issue Sharpie "Computer for Shinkai Fund". Pushes away a few tribbles and puts it on the counter. Throws in ten Federation credits*

*Adds a fist-full of money to the jar.* I only have Colonial cubits and Azerothian gold, but I'm sure you can get them exchanged somewhere.

D&D was fun. In case anyone is interested, I played a half-orc who rode a black dire wolf into combat. It was epic and we made plans to play again tomorrow since we're all so hardcore.

Warcraft-inspired much?

#4 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:01 PM

*Terilynn looks around her new seedy bar in New York.*

Uhm....I though we were supposed to end up in an Irish pub?

*she runs behind the bar and lands a swift kick to the trandsdimensionalthingamajig*

YER! I told you to calibrate this stupid thing three weeks ago!

*Mumbling, she moves in and uses her spike heel to step on the old bartender with the nasty-ass rag in is hand and moves into his face* NO matter WHAT you think clean is, trust me when I say you need a GOOD lesson!

*Tears are developing in the broad man's eyes and he looks upon the be-booted one with a mix of fear and desire.* Yes....Ma'am.

*Terilynn grabs the nasty-ass rag out of his hand and replaces it with a toothbrush.* NOW - get into that travesty you call a bathroom and make it shine mister or you'll be feeling more of the dangerous end of these boot you here?!

Yes Ma'am!!

Good - now get outta my sight...

*she shivers*

RIKER! YER!!! I don't mind cozy-dump but I'll be damned if anyone catches a disease from this place. I want it cleaned to the point I can at least serve food - Understood?! Good. Now - whatever is happening in the alleyway is none of our business...yet.

Edited by Terilynn, 11 April 2010 - 12:02 PM.

#5 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:09 PM

Uhm....I though we were supposed to end up in an Irish pub?

Sorry, we changed our mind at the last minute and decided to do something comic-book themed. Look on the bright side; I'm pretty exposure to this environment will cause us all to sprout bad ass, stubbly beards.

#6 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 12:45 PM

Warcraft-inspired much?

Uh Tolkin wrote about Orcs riding dire wolves looooong before mmos were invented. Next your going to say Warhammer Online is a rip-off of Warcraft (warning for language in link).

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#7 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:07 PM

Sorry, we changed our mind at the last minute and decided to do something comic-book themed. Look on the bright side; I'm pretty exposure to this environment will cause us all to sprout bad ass, stubbly beards.

*can't resist smiling*

Really - Beards for all the boys? Sweet. I can live here for a bit I think.

*she spins on the bartender who has reappeared from the bathroom*

BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WILL TOLERATE NASTY BATHROOMS! GET BACK IN THERE AND SCRUB!

fine. New York it is.. all comic booky and what not. At least I have the bootz....

Edited by Terilynn, 11 April 2010 - 01:07 PM.

#8 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

and we LOVE those bootz TL!

I can deal with the scruffy look for a while.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#9 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

Uh Tolkin wrote about Orcs riding dire wolves looooong before mmos were invented. Next your going to say Warhammer Online is a rip-off of Warcraft (warning for language in link).

Hmm, good point. Still, considering Apoca's obsession with Warcraft Orcs, it doesn't seem like an entirely unfair comment to make.

#10 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:04 PM

Hmm, good point. Still, considering Apoca's obsession with Warcraft Orcs, it doesn't seem like an entirely unfair comment to make.

Hmm. You could be right.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#11 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:09 PM

I'm pretty exposure to this environment will cause us all to sprout bad ass, stubbly beards.

Oh great and I thought I just had to worry about bleaching my mustache. :P
Help make Pauline America's Next Author! http://www.ebookmall...hor/pauline-mac

Posted Image

#12 shinkai

shinkai

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:50 PM

Ahhh... new bar smell.

I fell asleep on the couch with my contacts still in. I hate sticky eyes.

Stupid phone server crap made me have to sign in again. I'll probably have to do that a few more times.
So, yeah... coffee.
"Darkness is a shroud, and the earth is in stillness,
For he who made them rests in his horizon."
-from Akhenaten's Great Hymn to the Aten

#13 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

One cofee for Shinkai while I try to get used to the NEW new keyboard (I'm on round three believe it or not) #1 the N didn't work. Round two - Not Windows 7 compatible (grrrr) this is round three and so far so freaking good. I ditched Logitech and Microswoft and went this this "razer" brand. It works and that's all that matters to me for now.

Edited by Terilynn, 11 April 2010 - 05:11 PM.

#14 shinkai

shinkai

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

Mmm... coffee...

*warms up frozen doughnuts on PS2*

What? They're chocolate covered so I can't nuke them. Besides, I might as well use the heat coming off of this thing for a good cause.

#15 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

Warcraft-inspired much?

To answer both of you, it was about half and half of Warcraft and Tolkien, and a tiny bit Norse mythology stuff.

Warhammer Online was somewhat fun but could not hold my attention longer than it took for the subscription to run out on the game. It's definitely a different game from WoW.

P.S. Orcs and Gobbos are da best! Waaagh!
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#16 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

*a yellow taxi screaches to a halt bouncing slightly up over the curb before coming to a New York stop and drops off his patron. She tips him a $20, smiles, and hands the man two complimentary tickets to the Madhatters not far from here.* We're playing there Saturday. Bring a friend and thanks for the ride.

*Barbara slides into the bar wearing her favorite jeans with the cute zippers on the bottom of each side, city boots, silky blue and black cross cut blouse, and shoulder purse. She carries a can of mace on her oversized keyring.* Can't be too careful in New York. I sooooooooooo love this city though.

I see everything is starting to look .....uh, clean. *Moves grimey salt and pepper shakers slightly away from the center of the bar. Several large black roaches scamper to the back and disappear among the dirty dishes* I think I'll just use Pink2 for a good cup of coffee. Hi everyone. Welcome to the Big Apple. Where's Trekkin. We need to take the subway to the stadium ---- it's the Yankees baby!!!

*Barbara puts out several delicacies on the bar in a perfectly chilled bubble - sets force field to keep out the critters and leaves the code on the bar* Here ya go gang. Nothing like a New York Cheese Cake. Oh, and there's hard rolls and butter, and just in case you've never had it, New York Crumb Cake, Rugelachs, and Italian Sprinkle Cookes. I certainly won't lose weight in this place. So much for the Irish.

If anyone cares to join me, I'll be setting up the pool table. I'm sure to meet a few locals over there. Who knows what could happen today!
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#17 shinkai

shinkai

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:16 PM

*grabs a bit of crumb cake to go with another cup of coffee*

Yay for Barb! :clap:

Will save my slice of cheesecake for dessert.

*takes bite of crumb cake & washes it down with a swig of coffee*

Delicious :)

#18 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:19 PM

Hi Barbara!

Yeah, I don't really have anything else to post other than that, but hi.
-The Tick

#19 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:21 PM

I'm gussing I will love this place. Ahhhh.....

I placed the recipe for the Rugelachs in the What's Cooking (recipes you love) thread for anyone who wants to make them. They are so delicious. My Italian side of the family makes these every Christmas and Easter.

@ S_71 --- you should try them! Especially since you like to cook. The recipe is very easy.

@ Shinkai --- I'll join you!

@ Apoco - Hi Dude. Wanna play pool!!???
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#20 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

Sure, you rack 'em. I have some time to kill.
-The Tick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users