1002 replies to this topic

#981 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

@frooty can I come over the next time you make omelettes? Mine are :censored:

Hahaha. Sure... :P Mine aren't great, but they're getting better.

:hug: that is just not a nice thing to happen.... shoot You can fly?
neat.

Thanks for the huge. By "fly" I meant moving in set pieces from above using ropes. :P Lol.

Update on my hand for everybody that wants to know: There's a dark spot on the back of my hand that looks like a bruise, but doesn't hurt. I'm pretty confident that I've managed to bruise the bone. If it's not better by the end of the week, I'm gonna tell my parents I guess.

I thought Kick-Ass was pretty good for the most part. It was entertaining. *shrug* I'm not a comic book person.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#982 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:16 PM

Mlazzy!!!

Yay!! Missed you!! oooohhh...Michael Dorn??? Yum!! I'm so jealous!! Spill it!! Tell us more!!

This time around Michael was adorable. He did smile and had a humorous Q&A's with well balanced responses and reply's, even to silly things that happend all around the convention grounds. Last time I did see him at Galileo in neuss he was rude and disrespectfull of the audience. Not this time around. He was charming, did some "I am wezel" lines and was totaly hugable in the photo op and signature sesions.

Thanks for the huge. By "fly" I meant moving in set pieces from above using ropes. :P Lol.

:nonono: I'll stay with the mental picture of you flying in and moving the set pieces ^_^ you wearing a shining green cape..
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#983 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:31 PM

I love wearing sandals in the summertime, with my pedicure looking so bright....but I hate it when I stub my toes on the walkway. Back on with the walking shoes and cotton socks. Sigh.
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#984 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

I did take a nap after Clark went to bed. I feel a little better...the stomach ache is gone...but I kind of feel sluggish.

Pshh, you guys were talking without me? Fine, I guess I know where I'm not wanted. :nonono:

starts hovering around to see what is writen...

Meh, same ol' stuff.

I thought Kick-Ass was pretty good for the most part. It was entertaining. *shrug* I'm not a comic book person.

From what I hear, it's an unorthodox comic, and I haven't seen the movie, so I can't judge that either. I know this is like the 20th time I've mentioned it, but Iron Man 2 was a great comic book movie. I praised the original for this, too; it has that certain je ne sais quoi that makes it exactly like a comic book movie come to life. Maybe it's the plot, maybe it's finally including the larger part of the Marvel universe in the movies (which Iron Man is pioneering, with it's after the credits teasers to the Avengers and Thor, inclusion of SHIELD, etc.), but it's definitively a comic book movie, and not just a movie based on a comic book.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#985 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:05 PM

:nonono: I'll stay with the mental picture of you flying in and moving the set pieces ^_^ you wearing a shining green cape..

Okay, but why the green cape? :P

From what I hear, it's an unorthodox comic, and I haven't seen the movie, so I can't judge that either. I know this is like the 20th time I've mentioned it, but Iron Man 2 was a great comic book movie. I praised the original for this, too; it has that certain je ne sais quoi that makes it exactly like a comic book movie come to life. Maybe it's the plot, maybe it's finally including the larger part of the Marvel universe in the movies (which Iron Man is pioneering, with it's after the credits teasers to the Avengers and Thor, inclusion of SHIELD, etc.), but it's definitively a comic book movie, and not just a movie based on a comic book.

See... I didn't like Iron Man. I'm not planning on seeing the sequel. I think you just like comics too much to like Kick-Ass then. I didn't even know Kick-Ass was a comic until just now. Lol.

Posted Image

#986 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 05:17 PM

See... I didn't like Iron Man. I'm not planning on seeing the sequel.

I don't think those words can form together in a sentence like that.

I think you just like comics too much to like Kick-Ass then. I didn't even know Kick-Ass was a comic until just now. Lol.

In my defense, I didn't know it was a comic either until a week or two before the movie came out, after I had learned about the movie itself. It's a relatively new book.
The thing is, it sounds like a great idea (I myself have wondered what would happen were a normal person to don a mask and go crime-fighting... and totally not because I would look into that sort of thing :err:) but the movie looks low-brow, and Nic Cage is in it. Judging based on what trailers I have seen (and admitting that trailers are hardly the most accurate prediction of a movie), it looks poorly executed.

Edited by Apocalypse, 09 May 2010 - 05:20 PM.

Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#987 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

I don't think those words can form together in a sentence like that.

They just did.

In my defense, I didn't know it was a comic either until a week or two before the movie came out, after I had learned about the movie itself. It's a relatively new book.
The thing is, it sounds like a great idea (I myself have wondered what would happen were a normal person to don a mask and go crime-fighting... and totally not because I would look into that sort of thing :err:) but the movie looks low-brow, and Nic Cage is in it. Judging based on what trailers I have seen (and admitting that trailers are hardly the most accurate prediction of a movie), it looks poorly executed.

Cage being in it was something I was wary of... I do not like that actor, but he wasn't as bad as I thought he would be.

Posted Image

#988 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:49 PM

Happy Mothers Day to all the mums out there...

@pauline I want the Green Thai Chicken

And it was yummy... The spag bog wasn't so go though...

Bleh...I'm sick. I made it through playing for the service, though...barely.

I've had an awful day so far, and it's only 12:48 pm. Posted Image

I hope you feel 100% by now, and that your day got better...

Hey all.
Just send over the pink one .. I still am not recoverd from fedcon. Two hours of sleep a night are not nearly enough for me anymore.
And about that voyager movie thing that was supposedly comming from Tim Russ... totaly not true according to Micheal Dorn..
I did not know he was the voice of I am Wezel... awsomeness

Posted Image

Hi mlaz Posted Image

Sounds like you had an awesome time with only 2 hours of sleep each night. If I had to survive on that amount of sleep, I'd be a raving lunatic Posted Image . Point in case was Saturday night (after having next to no sleep nearly all week), I was singing 'I feel good', and then 'I've got no bad habits', then hitting myself across the face, and then laughing like an idiot... Me and lack of sleep do not go well together...

It is...Mother's Day...and I got to "sleep" in. Of course I was woken up every 15 mins for one thing or another, but..hey...it was nice. It is lovely here today. Not so windy...

Did ya get breakfast in bed as well?

All mothers should be allowed sleep-ins more than once a year...

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#989 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

Yankees/Red Sox on tonight....gotta fly...hope you all have a lovely night.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#990 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

but it's definitively a comic book movie, and not just a movie based on a comic book.

Maybe that's why I was so unimpressed with the original Iron Man. :P

#991 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:26 PM

@ Droney - Cool new avatar.

Thaaaaank you.

Droney...love the Avvie!

Thanks! It kind of creeps me out...but I still like it.

Pshh, you guys were talking without me? Fine, I guess I know where I'm not wanted. :nonono:

Yes, we were. You were welcome to join in if you had wanted. You saw I was online. And I'm sure you knew Clark was online, too. Just assume we were talking. :upsidedown:

I hope you feel 100% by now, and that your day got better...

Eh, the rest of my day was alright...but I'm still not at 100%.
Unless life gives you water and sugar as well, your lemonade is going to suck.

Love Should Not Divide

#992 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

Saw Iron Man 2, loved it. Definitely one to see in theatres, and will buy on blu ray when it is released....

Oh, and had chocolate ice cream with candy mix-ins at Marble Slab Creamery afterwards.....now that's the way to spend Mother's Day! :thumbsup:
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#993 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:39 PM

Oh, the Marble Slab Creamery...I love that place. I also liked Cold Stone's. :buttrock:

Love Should Not Divide

#994 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:04 AM

I've been to Cold Stone once, out west. We do not have them in my part of Texas. CS was also very good. Our other favorite ice cream is Blue Bell, from the little creamery in Brenham, Texas. We get that in the stores, though, not in ice cream parlors. I cannot have it in my house because I would eat way too much of it every day!

#995 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:07 AM

Ah, Blue Bell. I love that stuff. There's also another kind of ice cream I like...Eddie's? Something like that.

China has horrible ice cream... :thumbsdown:

Love Should Not Divide

#996 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:13 AM

We have Edy's Slow Churned and Dreyer's Premium as well, but I still like Blue Bell the best in the stores.

#997 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:49 AM

It's Monday! I really thought when I got here this morning I would be drinking Slurm. I guess it will have to be when I get home from work. Coffee for now and have a great day!

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#998 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:45 AM

I liked the first Iron Man, wondering if the second's worth going to see in theater...

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#999 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:55 AM

I hate finals!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1000 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:41 AM

I hate exams... I have my last one tomorrow morning. Chemistry... :(

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users