Star Trek Specter

10 replies to this topic

#1 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 09:03 AM

Commenced in August 2006 , Star Trek: Specter is a movie length, fan-made animation - not a machinima! - which could well give Star Trek: Aurora a run for its money as the animation of the year for 2010! The sheer scope of this work - 20 scenes released so far and still going! - is absolutely mind-boggling! This playlist puts the scenes into order and for details - beware spoilers! - you can checkout the exhaustive entry on the Star Trek Expanded Universe Wiki

http://www.youtube.c...226DC9A821F1A20

Prepare to be amazed!

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

Ok, I am amazed!

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#3 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

Ok, I am amazed!

I sorta sounded like the shopping channel didn't I? :blush:

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#4 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,334 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

as am I
Wonderfull work.
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#5 Fan Producer

Fan Producer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:38 AM

Impressive!

#6 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 11:44 PM

Thank you for finding this... and sharing your discovery!!
Posted Image

#7 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

Heard from Brandon Bridges...

As of Scene 37 we're at just shy of two hours of runtime, and we have about fifteen minutes of story left to tell. Scene 38 is just ahead--and this is the big one in which Reyf cracks the case! Stay tuned.

...and I noticed on one of his latest comments when he was asked if he needed any voice actors...

yes, indeed I do!!! It's going to be a while before this movie (Specter) is finished, but I'm definitely in need of some vocal assistance. I'll get back with you hopefully within the next month or two. I'd recommend watching the movie (there's 30 scenes up now and we're looking at probably close to 50 before all's said and done), and seeing if any particular characters catch your interest.

He's getting video auditions already, look HERE and HERE! With good audio to match the great animation (I watched a bit more today, his characters are incredibly expressive!) this will be a landmark production!

K

Posted Image

#8 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:51 PM

Christy Daae has a future in voice work.
Posted Image

#9 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:33 AM

Brandon Bridges has gone his own way with calling for auditions for his blockbuster animation Star Trek Specter by posting it as a YouTube video!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz7PbfLdD94"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kz7PbfLdD94[/url]

I hope the fact that he has already made favourable comments about the two previously mentioned pitches doesn't start a stampede!

On his thread on SciFiMeshes, check out past posts, #1024, #1029 and especially #1036 where he says...

I do indeed plan to [use voice actors] at a later time (in fact, one actress has already auditioned for several of the female roles, it's up on YouTube if you want to see it). The main reason I haven't done it so far is because the dialogue is being fine-tuned as we go; but also because I did already record the part of Dr. Falwell with a voice actress, only to completely rewrite the part, and then find out that the actress would be unavailable to re-record the new dialogue. To prevent that from happening, this time around I'm holding off until the movie is finished and everyone's happy with it, at which point I'll sit them down and do some recording.

Ladies and gentlemen, when this is released I foresee mainstream interest equal to the Star Trek: Phase II films. Good luck to all who try out!

K

Posted Image

#10 Kirok

Kirok

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:26 AM

Playing catch-up on Star Trek: Specter, Brandon Bridges announced the 'call backs' of the successful voice actors for the roles on August 14...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6Wd1kyqkvo"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=r6Wd1kyqkvo[/url]

he's just completed posting the videos to date in 15 minute blocks. I'd seen on his SciFi Meshes thread that he'd been talking about working on his earlier scenes to bring them up to the same standard as later scenes and asked him if these were the "Director's Cut".

This is still the same cut we've been seeing, I've just updated a few things here and there. The Director's Cut is coming, and the next time these all come down, what comes up to replace them will indeed be the DC!

Which has sort of made my accumulated playlist more of a historical curiosity now. >Sighs< THIS is a link to the updated playlist - 2 hours 30 minutes of astonishing animated video! Which brings up another question - what else is going to be cut? He's said in one of his posts, "Two hours and a half is the longest I want this thing to be, because that's the maximum the Windows 7 DVD burning app can fit on a single disc" That's where he stands right now and he still has another five scenes to go I think!

K

Posted Image

#11 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:21 PM

I'm now trying to keep my own 'playlist' current... http://startrekrevie...2009/06/94.html
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users