#1 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:58 PM

Computer: State your business

Barbara: Permission to come aboard.

Computer: We are not expecting visitors. What is the nature of your business.

Barbara: Uh, well, we need to move our staff and belongings to another location, and K-7 suits us well. We have kittens.

Computer: Kittens. We have no need of kittens.

Barbara: We have a trombone and a juke box and even a 20th century pool table.

Computer: We have no need of any of those relics.

Barbara: We have Terrilynn and her boots!

Computer: Permission granted.

*Barbara arrives safely with all the former bar’s important items. Pool table in the corner; sticks on the rack on the wall. Juke box in the center for everyone to enjoy. Pink2 made it in one piece. The infamous Riker trombone for Terrilynn hung over the bar. So many more items to unpack! Barbara sits behind the bar, and waits for the first patrons.*

President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:05 AM

*vaults the bar*
I've gotten kind of used to hanging around back here.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#3 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:08 AM

Whenever there's a Canadian on my mind - when he's not flying high in the sky - I hear the word moral officer. I would rather say that TU has a moral team (Babs, Trekkin', Pauline...).

Strangely enough, I drive tanks for a living now.

And maybe there should be a moral team, but you came to mind first cause your the one who always sends birthday wishes. Even when i never around or back when I didn't have a clue who you were. :P

*vaults the bar*
I've gotten kind of used to hanging around back here.

*pukes*

Edited by Canadian Mind, 26 March 2010 - 12:09 AM.

Posted Image
Vancouver...While I may not live there anymore, this is the city I still call home.

#4 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:14 AM

It is still ironic that Raptor became popular during a crises at TU (fedconusa), and that the last crisis again enhanced his popularity.

#5 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:15 AM

It is still ironic that Raptor became popular during a crises at TU (fedconusa), and that the last crisis again enhanced his popularity.

Hence why you the moral officer. :)
Posted Image
Vancouver...While I may not live there anymore, this is the city I still call home.

#6 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:19 AM

Is it moral, or morale? I guess what I'm saying is even though we probably should have someone to step in and tell us when we make questionable decisions, ethically speaking, I think everyone should be adding an "e" there. :err:
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#7 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:39 AM

he can do both
Posted Image

#8 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:53 AM

That was a freakin' wild ride for me...back reading and then transporting to this new locale (there's that elusive 'e' you were talking about, apoco..... )

NOW, should be a good evening, since the day went so hard.....but I had a good one at that.

Oh, and I snuck in the poker table, with the cards and chips intact (heee heee, heeee ! )

Pink2, what are you brewing here.....and don't get too near me Plaz....I am REVVED from my Earl Grey at lunch and I plan to take it up with you next time I see you...... It's strangely appealing, though,having that extra caffeine coursing through my veins so you may have awakened a sleeping dragon....no, make that a gryphon.... dang, i NEED FOOD!
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#9 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:58 AM

how was dinner? was lasagna successful?
Posted Image

#10 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,919 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 01:30 AM

That's for tomorrow.....it's my meatless day. Today was a grilled chcken salad, with homemade salsa and greek yogurt dressing. I filled my somewhat empty tummy with microwave popcorn....and LOTS of liquids. I'm looking forward to the lasagne.....

okaaayyyy it's after midnight here, so make that later on today..... :rolleyes:

And now I must bid adieu, and good night, it's a busy day tomorrow. Have Fun!

Edited by tishkajaku, 26 March 2010 - 02:02 AM.

TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#11 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:09 AM

*Droney walks in, still dressed in her 19th century London gown*

...Hmmmmm. K-7, eh? Interesting choice.

Poor, naive Droney... how do you explain cootie shots, then? :rolleyes:

*shakes head* You're the naive one. There's no such things as cooties; and there's no such things as cooties shots.

boys have cooties. there's shots though....

Nuh-uh.

From our perspective, it is you who have the cooties.

Girls have cooties? :blink:

Wait a minute...if boys have cooties (not saying they do...hypothetically speaking here) and girls also have cooties, then why is everyone bothered by the fact that the other gender has the same 'disease' as they do?

Just out of curiosity, I checked my user rating. 5 stars; I feel loved here.

Which reminds me...No one wants to claim me these days. My parents and sister were running around today packing up our stuff (we're going to the beach tomorrow) and they were screaming at me to bring the stuff that wouldn't fit into my suitcase into the living room so they could put it in the spare suitcase...

Me: OK, so this is the stuff I can't cram into my suitcase. *dumps new crochet needle, 2 t-shirts, a bag of goldfish, an Astronomy magazine, a wallet made out of Coke cans, and some pants onto the floor*

Mom: You can't take Goldfish onto the plane!?

Me: I brought some back from the States three years ago!?

Dad: She has a point...

Mom: Leave us alone and go pack your stuff up!

Dad: ...*storms into the other room to pack his stuff*

Mom: Put the freakin' Goldfish in the outer pocket. I CAN'T FIT ALL OF YOUR CRAP INTO THIS SUITCASE, UNDERSTAND?

Me: But...but...

Mom: DARYL!

Dad: *peers into the living room*

Mom: Will you PLEASE tell your daughter that she can't bring all of this stuff?

Dad: Whoah, whoah. She's our daughter. *walks into the other room to examine my suitcase* *notices that it's basically clothes and books crammed everywhere* She's your daughter, actually.

Mom: If it wasn't for you we wouldn't be having this problem!

Me: What did I do...?

Mom: GO PACK YOUR STUFF YOURSELF, MOOK!

Me: Hey, please don't call me that!

Dad: It's your official nickname...

Mom: Blame your dad for it.

Me: I don't like it.

Mom/Dad: GO PACK YOUR STUFF.

*sigh* Not such a great day today. I'll have a coffee, please; hot, black.
Unless life gives you water and sugar as well, your lemonade is going to suck.

Love Should Not Divide

#12 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:19 AM

*shakes head* You're the naive one. There's no such things as cooties; and there's no such things as cooties shots.

Damn it, explaining the joke makes it unfunny...
There was a certain irony in my post (that I intended, by the way). Yes, of course the naive person would insist that cooties exist, which is why it's funny that I'm implying you are the naive one. Joke ruined. Thanks for comin'. :P

Wait a minute...if boys have cooties (not saying they do...hypothetically speaking here) and girls also have cooties, then why is everyone bothered by the fact that the other gender has the same 'disease' as they do?

Because we're all just kidding around. :rolleyes:
-The Tick

#13 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:22 AM

Damn it, explaining the joke makes it unfunny... There was a certain irony in my post (that I intended, by the way). Yes, of course the naive person would insist that cooties exist, which is why it's funny that I'm implying you are the naive one. Joke ruined. Thanks for comin'. :PBecause we're all just kidding around. :rolleyes:

Of course. I'm an unfunny person...

It's the end of the world.

I was just informed that...that...I have to go back to America this September for sure. I've been dreading this day for...a long time. I haven't been back in nearly 3 years. Everything's changed. This will be the last time I go back before I go to college, so that makes things THAT MUCH MORE FUN. I don't want to go back, I don't want to go back, I don't want to go baaacckkk...

Love Should Not Divide

#14 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:26 AM

Well, I'm over here, and it doesn't seem that bad...

But far be it from me to harsh your "sky is falling" buzz. What's the deal with your travel plans this time?
-The Tick

#15 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:32 AM

Well, I'm over here, and it doesn't seem that bad...But far be it from me to harsh your "sky is falling" buzz. What's the deal with your travel plans this time?

You live there. You're like...American. I've been in America for 2 months in the past four years. I'm used to seeing Asian people every day. I'm used to people understanding me when I randomly go off in Korean. I'm NOT used to having to explain what a 'seoung kyeoung chek' is, nor am I used to seeing a whole bunch of white people who speak English.

And because of this darn trip to America, I can't go to camp, I can't go to Chengdu, I can't go to Europe.

Love Should Not Divide

#16 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 02:44 AM

You live there. You're like...American. I've been in America for 2 months in the past four years. I'm used to seeing Asian people every day. I'm used to people understanding me when I randomly go off in Korean. I'm NOT used to having to explain what a 'seoung kyeoung chek' is, nor am I used to seeing a whole bunch of white people who speak English.

And because of this darn trip to America, I can't go to camp, I can't go to Chengdu, I can't go to Europe.

You should teach us all some Korean swears. It'll almost be like Firefly.
That is, if you're willing to bend the "no swearing" rule a little. It doesn't count if it's not out loud.

Also, we're not all white people.

Edited by Apocalypse, 26 March 2010 - 02:44 AM.

-The Tick

#17 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:15 AM

You should teach us all some Korean swears. It'll almost be like Firefly.That is, if you're willing to bend the "no swearing" rule a little. It doesn't count if it's not out loud.Also, we're not all white people.

Even so, most people in America speak English. Most people in China don't. It's even weird here in Thailand; most foreigners here are British. And boy, are there a lot of foreigners here! My sister and I aren't used to seeing new 'white' faces, so we tend to stare when we do see one...we've freaked several people out already. :upsidedown:

I know a Korean swear; there's really only one. There aren't Korean words for English swears. It's actually quite funny, because the English translation for the Korean swear word is '18 dog baby'. :rofl1:

Hence, if you ever wanted to swear in Korean, you would say ship-pahl-keh-ah-gi. From what I understand, Koreans use it much like English-speakers use f***.

However, Chinese people have several swear words. It's a cultural difference, I believe. Koreans are rather polite, and this rarely ever need to use swear words. Chinese people, on the other hand, are rather rude, and use swear words often. I can't remember what it is in Chinese, but I know one of their swear words translates into 'turtle egg'. It's rather like calling someone a b****, I think. Then there's the Chinese word for f***. I can't even begin to explain it to you...the tones make it difficult.

And now I feel slightly sinful at the fact I can explain Korean and Chinese swear words.

Edited by Disconnected Drone, 26 March 2010 - 04:18 AM.

Love Should Not Divide

#18 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:05 AM

:roflmao:

young lady you rock.
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#19 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:24 AM

Wow people talk/type heaps!

Since I was in TF last, it has moved to a new location and there has been about 140 posts made.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#20 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:39 AM

"walks into the new TF briefly disorientated from the 400 year change of venue"

Morning, Afternoon, and Evening to all. Always nice walking into a fresh establishment.

Coffee please Pink2.

Events at my homestead are a changing. Need to do vast amounts of furniture rearranging.
Looks like my mother in law will be here for awhile. We need to put a bedroom on first floor.
VNA and Lyncare all set up. As my sig says, I am adapting as fast as I can.:P

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users