4 replies to this topic

#1 BolianAdmiral

BolianAdmiral

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:59 AM

Hello, all...

I am going to be offering you something new with my latest work... a nuBSG fanfic series, entitled "Battlestar Urantia". Below is a bit of information on the premise, setting, and basic plot outline...

"Battlestar Urantia" is a fanfic series that adheres STRICTLY to established on-screen nuBSG canon, yet also tells a story that is both totally nuBSG, and totally unique. The story blends elements from both TOS BSG, nuBSG, "RAZOR", "Revelations", and "Daybreak". I tried VERY hard to make this story look, feel, sound, and taste exactly like the nuBSG TV series. It will be up to you to determine if I succeeded.

The Battlestar Urantia herself, is a Raven-Class Battlestar, larger than the Galactica, but smaller than the Pegasus. Like the Mercury-Class Battlestars, the Urantia has upper and lower flight pods, on each side. The story begins in much the same way that "RAZOR" began... with the Urantia docked at the Picon Fleet Shipyards, during the first wave of the Cylon attack. Just as the Pegasus did in "RAZOR", the Urantia initiates an open-ended FTL jump, to escape destruction by the Cylons. However, when the ship emerges from FTL, they find that they are very, very, far from the Twelve Colonies.

The Commander decides to set course back toward Colonial space, with the intention of gathering up whatever Colonial forces remain, for a final, all-out campaign against the Cylons. Nobody aboard the Urantia knows how badly the Colonies were hit, nor do they know that President Adar is dead. So, the ship, and the twelve small civilian ships that were able to jump out with her, set course back to Colonial space. However, on the way, they encounter surprises...

The Urantia and her small fleet encounter worlds with humans on them, far from the Twelve Colonies. Upon contact, it is learned that these worlds were settled by humans who were once a part of the 13th Tribe's caravan to Earth. Apparently, the journey to Earth was taking so long, that some groups of people lost patience, and elected to set down at the first world they could find, and establish themselves there. When some members of these new human colonies hear about Urantia's voyage back to the home of humanity, they elect to join the ship, for the remainder of the trip back. Thus, the Urantia amasses her own ragtag fleet.

The story draws a lot of inspiration from the story of the Mayflower pilgrims, and at times, has a noticeable Celtic influence, but one that I think works well within the nuBSG setting. The story is broken down into 4 "seasons", and there are a total of 13 "episodes" in the series. I will begin posting information and pictures relating to the production soon, and very much hope you will enjoy it. Thank you.

- BolianAdmiral

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:04 AM

Interesting, like Star Trek the BSG Universe still has many stories to tell.
Please keep us updated.:thumbsup:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#3 BolianAdmiral

BolianAdmiral

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

^

Thank you! Well, to start, here is a early colors test for the Mk. II Vipers that Urantia has. I needed a realistic reason why a modern Battlestar would have a group of Mk. II Vipers, so I thought of a performance air group (think the USAF Thunderbirds or USN Blue Angels) called the "Starblazers" (a nod to the anime series). The Starblazers PAG Squadron consists of 12 Mk. II Vipers, and one basic Raptor in colors of black and gold.

Posted Image

The Viper pictured here was modeled, textured, and rendered by Alex Laroche.

#4 BolianAdmiral

BolianAdmiral

3rd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:12 PM

Here is a quick test render of our CG Hangar Bay set, complete with Vipers, a Raptor, and Colonial propane and propane accessories.

Posted Image

The entire image was modeled, textured, lit, and rendered by "Kat" Myers.

#5 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:47 AM

Hello, all...

I am going to be offering you something new with my latest work... a nuBSG fanfic series, entitled "Battlestar Urantia". Below is a bit of information on the premise, setting, and basic plot outline...

"Battlestar Urantia" is a fanfic series that adheres STRICTLY to established on-screen nuBSG canon, yet also tells a story that is both totally nuBSG, and totally unique. The story blends elements from both TOS BSG, nuBSG, "RAZOR", "Revelations", and "Daybreak". I tried VERY hard to make this story look, feel, sound, and taste exactly like the nuBSG TV series. It will be up to you to determine if I succeeded.

The Battlestar Urantia herself, is a Raven-Class Battlestar, larger than the Galactica, but smaller than the Pegasus. Like the Mercury-Class Battlestars, the Urantia has upper and lower flight pods, on each side. The story begins in much the same way that "RAZOR" began... with the Urantia docked at the Picon Fleet Shipyards, during the first wave of the Cylon attack. Just as the Pegasus did in "RAZOR", the Urantia initiates an open-ended FTL jump, to escape destruction by the Cylons. However, when the ship emerges from FTL, they find that they are very, very, far from the Twelve Colonies.

The Commander decides to set course back toward Colonial space, with the intention of gathering up whatever Colonial forces remain, for a final, all-out campaign against the Cylons. Nobody aboard the Urantia knows how badly the Colonies were hit, nor do they know that President Adar is dead. So, the ship, and the twelve small civilian ships that were able to jump out with her, set course back to Colonial space. However, on the way, they encounter surprises...

The Urantia and her small fleet encounter worlds with humans on them, far from the Twelve Colonies. Upon contact, it is learned that these worlds were settled by humans who were once a part of the 13th Tribe's caravan to Earth. Apparently, the journey to Earth was taking so long, that some groups of people lost patience, and elected to set down at the first world they could find, and establish themselves there. When some members of these new human colonies hear about Urantia's voyage back to the home of humanity, they elect to join the ship, for the remainder of the trip back. Thus, the Urantia amasses her own ragtag fleet.

The story draws a lot of inspiration from the story of the Mayflower pilgrims, and at times, has a noticeable Celtic influence, but one that I think works well within the nuBSG setting. The story is broken down into 4 "seasons", and there are a total of 13 "episodes" in the series. I will begin posting information and pictures relating to the production soon, and very much hope you will enjoy it. Thank you.

- BolianAdmiral

I like it!

Here is a quick test render of our CG Hangar Bay set, complete with Vipers, a Raptor, and Colonial propane and propane accessories.

Posted Image

The entire image was modeled, textured, lit, and rendered by "Kat" Myers.

Cool pic. The Raptor looks awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users