• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

Hey Guys, I have my overworked graphics guy (Darren) working on the look for the new Federation site and I also had some neat ideas for headers for TU if you guys like 'em. Darren is begging for help. I mean I feed him daily and allow him an hour of outside time, but he's still whining. I just don't get it. I only chain him to the desk for 20 hours a day. Anyway, can you seek out any interested graphics people who might be interested in helping Darren work the new Federation design for us? The new site has lots of intricacies and when Darren saw all of the graphics, he gasped so loud everyone ducked. Okay, enough of the drama. In any case, Darren could use a few hands if anyone is interested. Darren does tremendous work. Truly Trek-inspired. Bold, official-looking, the best I've seen in 25 years. I have him so overworked that he could use the help. Can you help me in the graphics search? Thanks guys! You are tremendous.

Russ

I am looking for a team of 3-5 graphics people (myself included) to help Darren over in Trek Federation punch out some graphics projects for their new site. This is strictly voluntary, as a favor to him and Russ. Anyone up for it sign in below and we'll start getting the team set up. Thanks.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

Site looks good.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#3 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:45 AM

Too bad I'm not an artist. Not sure I could even draw a correct stick figure - even with a ruler. Posted Image
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#4 carolinsche

carolinsche

Her Highness in charge of ... lots of things

• Members
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 01:55 PM

I'd like to give it a try! I'm not a professional artist, but it's always been my favourite subject, and I am always looking for new challenges where I can come up with new ideas. Whenever artistic skills are needed at work or in the family, they always ask me :-P, so I take it they like my work.
The path of the Monk
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow.
Do not walk beside me for the path is narrow. In fact, just bugger off and leave me alone.

C
ERTIFIED CONNORSEUR

European Recovery Group For Late Night Chats Gold Member

#5 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

Too bad I'm not an artist. Not sure I could even draw a correct stick figure - even with a ruler. Posted Image

Ahh but you are handy with Photoshop right? This works as well. Someone who can draw stick figures hands them off to you and then you in turn can layer them into a pretty background, right?
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#6 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

So Barb(maybe?) and Caroline? Anyone else interested?
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#7 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:50 AM

I use photoshop yes. But it's not my forte and not something I'd be comfortable getting involved with for TU. I'd be better suited working in/with the store, or just being a nuisance here.
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#8 Canadian Mind

Canadian Mind

What you wanna know?

• Members
  • 5,404 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:52 AM

Lots of crickets chirping in here. :P
Posted Image
Vancouver...While I may not live there anymore, this is the city I still call home.

#9 Antoniemey

Antoniemey

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:03 PM

I would volunteer, but unfortunately I'm already over-committed with the RPG group I help run and my own chapter's website design that I'm trying to finish in the next 5 days.
Fleet Captain 3 Tony Meyer
Commanding Officer, USS Challenger - International Federation of Trekkers
------------------------------------------
Webmaster: Antoniemey.com - Founding Member:
Horizon Fleet RPG

#10 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:47 PM

Ummmm, I may need a little more specific info before I attempt to raise my hand. I don't want to say yeah to something that could possibly be beyond my capabilities. Plus, I'm a huge chicken-phlox. Posted Image

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#11 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

I draw a pretty good pair of breasts.
Thats bout it.
So...unless you want some jiggling jugs for the site logo or something I'm useless.
Just wanted to post here to let my boob-artistry be known to the masses.

#12 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

I would volunteer, but unfortunately I'm already over-committed with the RPG group I help run and my own chapter's website design that I'm trying to finish in the next 5 days.

In addition to my duties here and IRL, if you play CyberNations and didn't know before, I'm Neo. I am pretty much the leader by default of my alliance at the moment.
http://www.cn-echelon.com/
That said I am not forcing anyone. If you got too many eggs in the basket as is, I won't make you carry more than you can handle.

Ummmm, I may need a little more specific info before I attempt to raise my hand. I don't want to say yeah to something that could possibly be beyond my capabilities. Plus, I'm a huge chicken-phlox. Posted Image

You know I don't bite. Maybe nibble once in a while but you have to be single and willing for that to happen so you are safe. If you have skills in the artistic realm, I promise I am not hard to work with. I spent ten years in engineering trades working in team oriented environments. My rumored rep as an autocratic dictator is heavily exaggerated I assure you. The Indiana Jones whip is just on the wall for decoration. Also we are likely going to let Darren in TF take the lead on these projects so I'll be in the same boat as you.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#13 jespah

jespah

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

• Global Moderators
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:07 AM

Do you perhaps need a Social Media-type person? Let me know. :)

Honk if you love silence.

Published author, Trek Citizen and not much bigger than a bread box

Untrustworthy-medium.jpg    banner-ezri.jpg

#14 DeAnn

DeAnn

Editor - HFO and FanMagazine - PR Team

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

Did you guys get all the help you needed. I just recently graduated with a degree in web graphic design. I know how to use Photoshop, too! Sorry I'm so late in responding to this, but school came first!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users