Immigration

29 replies to this topic

#21 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:13 PM

Honestly migrant workers in and of themselves don't bother me. They do work us Americans have no desire to do because many of us have become too lazy to do work resulting in calloused hands and tired muscles. They need to feed their families too, and they aren't going to do it as easily on Mexico's equivalent pay for that same work, nor will it be done in as safe an environment in spite of they provisions in NAFTA.

The ones that bother me are the "gangbangers" who have no positive role to play in our society and are nothing more than a cross between poorly dressed La Cosa Nostra and a terrorist group who usurp our borders to the point of tunneling under them to traffic in people, illegal drugs, etc. and kill people on both sides of the border to do it. I will give you AZ's new statute is myopic and utterly asinine in how it goes about it, but that I think is who they are targeting considering the large legal Hispanic population within their borders. I have thought for many years now the way we will ultimately win the "war on drugs" is to attack it as a supply and demand problem; ie. take away the demand through education and treatment and the suppliers will move on to more lucrative markets or fields. These border skirmishes are an extension on our war on drugs that have been going on since Uncle Ronny was in office. Seriously, the number one cash crop in the US is marijuana. People in the same area that used to corner the market on moonshine now are growing weed instead because there is more money in it. Think about it. It is lucrative because it is ILLEGAL, same as booze was during prohibition. Now realistically what is making it such a high profit crop isn't the demand; it isn't like everyone and their mom are buying it by the ounce. It is the premium attached to it's illegality. Now I'm not saying legalize all drugs so much as decriminalize the possession for amounts that are obviously not packaged for the end user. Make them eat the fine(sizable enough so it hurts) and if they get zapped enough so they want off the merry go round offer them treatment. Mind you I am looking at this from the perspective of someone who never puffed or inhaled. The closest I ever came to it was second hand smoke from a half dozen feet away.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#22 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:04 PM

Words of a few extremists or a growing sentiment among legal residents and illegal immigrants here in the United States of America (or is that the United Republic of Mexico?).... and just for so some who might think I am being a prejudiced white guy, it should be known that my ancestry is 1/2 Jewish and 1/2 latino (my people were known as Ladino speaking Jews), there isn't an ounce of white anglo-saxon blood flowing through my skin. That being said, I cannot condone the attitudes being expressed in the following tirades.

Augustin Cebada, Brown Berets; "Go back to Boston! Go back to Plymouth Rock, Pilgrims! Get out! We are the future. You are old and tired. Go on. We have beaten you. Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die . . Through love of having children, we are going to take over.

Richard Alatorre, Los Angeles City Council. "They're afraid we're going to take over the governmental institutions and other institutions. They're right. We will take them over . . . We are here to stay."

Excelsior, the national newspaper of Mexico, "The American Southwest seems to be slowly returning to the jurisdiction of Mexico without firing a single shot."

Professor Jose Angel Gutierrez, University of Texas; "We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is in our population . . . I love it. They are phloxing in their pants with fear. I love it."

Art Torres, Chairman of the California Democratic Party, "Remember 187--proposition to deny taxpayer funds for services to non-citizens--was the last gasp of white America in California."

Gloria Molina, Los Angeles County Supervisor, "We are politicizing every single one of these new citizens that are becoming citizens of this country . . . I gotta tell you that a lot of people are saying, "I'm going to go out there and vote because I want to pay them back."

Mario Obledo, California Coalition of Hispanic Organizations and California State Secretary of Health, Education and Welfare under Governor Jerry Brown, also awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Bill Clinton, "California is going to be a Hispanic state. Anyone who doesn't like it should leave."

Jose Pescador Osuna, Mexican Consul General, "We are practicing 'La Reconquista' in California."

Professor Fernando Guerra, Loyola Marymount University; "We need to avoid a white backlash by using codes understood by Latinos . . . "

"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#23 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

Before the Hispanics it was the E. Europeans, the Italians, the Irish, etc., etc. The argument is cyclical Shlomi, you are a student of history as am I. It has all happened before, and it will again. My dad's family is proof of that. My grandfather as I am told was an old Yankee WASP. He had five kids, all who married "outsiders", these being American born people of non WASP descent (a Pole, a Scot, a German, an Italian, and my mom who was half WASP half Acadian). 80% of his kids converted to Catholicism. He was NOT a happy camper about it. He adjusted, so will our nation's current old WASPs. I have no issue with our cultural skin gaining a little more melanin. God knows it beats burning and peeling. But it's a crap shoot. Besides if we kick out the Hispanics, who will help us discriminate against the Muslims, Indians, and Asians who have been moving in?

Point is it is all about pecking orders and people who feel their place in it threatened. That predates our modern nation states, and the hybrid race we call humanity itself. Like it or lump it that is our nature, and creating laws are just a means of curbing our natural instinct to club one another when we are threatened.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#24 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:47 AM

I couldn't have put it better myself!

I keep hearing how the Hispanic population of America are laying claim to the US along with some mightiliy exaggerated claims that Americans will soon all be speaking Spanish, and that the rest of us will have to learn it. Well, there are two facts that mitigate against that: Bill Gates speaks English and so did Shakespeare.

I'm suprised anyone believes the aggressive-sounding sabre-rattling of Hispanics who think they account for a bigger scoop of the so-called American Melting Pot than they do, and apparently because they have more babies! Who is seriously going to be taken in by such a defence of a population's claims to ascendency through such crudely reductive reasoning?

#25 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:05 PM

Funny thing is, just with the aforementioned groups that preceded them the Hispanics have whether by intent or not become Americanized through just sheer immersion. Any proper Spanglish speaking American gets funny looks when in PR or even worse from a proper Castillian speaking Spaniard.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#26 Shlomi of Vulcan

Shlomi of Vulcan

Resident Vulcan Old-Fogey

• Members
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:57 PM

So no one will think this is a just another "right winged" biased report -- it comes from the L. A. Times the Left Coast's bastion of uber-liberal thought and printed expression:

In California Alone --

1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles County are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by legal taxpayers.
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally and whose 3 square meals a day are being footed by taxpaying citizens.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7... The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
8 Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops or accepting "jobs most Americans won't do", but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States ' annual population growth (and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York ) results from immigration, with nearly half of that figure being illegal immigration.
10. 29% of inmates in U.S. federal prisons are illegal aliens .

Can anyone point to any country that has survived with those kinds of illegal immigration numbers?

Are Americans legally residing in the United States too broad-minded, politically-correct, or just weak-willed to do what is necessary to stop the flow of illegal entry across our borders? Or, is it already too late to stop the inevitable outcome of allowing the continuation of illegals into this land? If it is, then is it possible that not only will this nation suffer, but the entire world will feel the blow to their own economy's and stability? You decide.

"Having problems with the present? Find solace in the fact that some future generations will call these "the good ole' days." Shmu'el Ben Shalom

"If I wanted to argue about which imaginary friend is tougher, I'd just go to church" Jason of KC

Politically Incorrectile Dysfunction

#27 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:29 PM

See that is a valid argument as to why we need immigration reform Sam, and to that end I agree. They did lay out the problem well but not completely.

From what I have heard 2,3,5,&7 are pretty much all the same issue. Drug gangs like MS13 have infested our prison systems, and they actively recruit members on both sides of the wall. If you ship them back to Mexico they just get out and hop right back over the border. I will also point out this; The Great Wall didn't stop the Mongols. Nor did Hadrian's wall stop the Celts. Berlin Wall, nope. Do we even want to get into Gaza? So what is the answer, a tag and release program? Perhaps sterilization and or euthanization as you would a stray animal? I'm not saying that sitting on our hands or turning a blind eye is the answer obviously, but what is the correct answer? What is going to in fact secure our borders without infringing upon the rights of those with a legitimate right to be here? To quote Mr. Franklin: A great empire, like a great cake, is most easily diminished at the edges. and They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

4, 6, and 8 is up to the respective agencies and property owners to enforce existing laws. To just make more laws is a waste of time and a political placebo if they have no intention of enforcing the existing laws.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#28 shinkai

shinkai

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:56 PM

I think that's one of the biggest problems. We already have laws we don't enforce.

We need to be more heavy handed with employers who hire under the table. It's definitely not that our citizens don't want those jobs. They're just getting passed over in favor of those who cost less. I know quite a few guys who are skilled laborers and lost their jobs to people who don't care that they've been hired for half pay. But hey, if I wanted to live with 14 other people in a single family home I wouldn't need to be paid my worth either.
"Darkness is a shroud, and the earth is in stillness,
For he who made them rests in his horizon."
-from Akhenaten's Great Hymn to the Aten

#29 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:42 PM

To reiterate my point about the drug gangs...
My link
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#30 Captain James T. Kirk

Captain James T. Kirk

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:50 AM

I agree with your letter 100%. Probably if you're having trouble getting it printed it's because it's not as they say "politically correct". I however agree, illegal aliens have nor should they receive any rights I also believe that children born of illegal aliens should not be accepted as American citizens. I also believe that there is only one lanquage that should be spoken in this country ENGLISH!!!
Captain James Tiberius Kirk
USS ENTERPRISE NCC 1701-A

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users