Human Target

24 replies to this topic

#1 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

This is a thread for the Show Human Target, which Apoco and I have decided to like. It's full of actors from scifi shows and imo has a very similar feel to MacGyver in terms of tone, tempo, and story arch. It just has more guns and less HS chemistry...

Anyway, I like the way the art direction team on this show works, they put a lot of visual in the show on top of the interesting weekly adventures.

I loved the picture on the subway wall in 'Baptiste.' How it matched the dialogue of Chance being caste out after finding a greater truth and rejecting his masters.

A recent episode was just chock-full of Indiana Jones references, which happens to be one of the best movies ever so it was all very full of awesome.

Anyway, if your a fan of the show, or one of the guest actors, or whatever, contribute here.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:48 PM

This is a thread for the Show Human Target, which Apoco and I have decided to like.

This sentence was just funny for some reason. :P

Anyway, there are plenty of guest stars to satisfy all kinds of nerdy tastes (Six and Gaeta from BSG were in an episode each, the doctor guy from Firefly, and Robert Hawkins from Jericho).
My favorite character is easily Guerrero, and not just because he's played by Rorschach.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#3 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

I actually watched the pilot but sadly the TV went on the fritz before I could get too deep into it :(
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#4 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

This series is now one of my top favorite shows, and it's only been on for eight episodes!
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#5 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:00 AM

I actually watched the pilot but sadly the TV went on the fritz before I could get too deep into it :(

Hulu! Episodes stand alone pretty well so don't worry about what you've missed.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#6 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:37 PM

I've never heard of this show somehow... *opens Hulu*

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#7 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:47 PM

I had never heard of it before poko recommended it to me. I think it is fairly good at slipping under the radar, seeing as how when I've visited Hulu there haven't been any links to it on the main page. Or, at least none that I saw.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#8 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 07:46 PM

This sentence was just funny for some reason. :P

I could step it up a notch and say something like:

We condescend to give this trifling a mere moment of our attention on a weekly bases as it suits Us. For this, We feel it should show proper appreciation.

I had never heard of it before poko recommended it to me. I think it is fairly good at slipping under the radar, seeing as how when I've visited Hulu there haven't been any links to it on the main page. Or, at least none that I saw.

And at that point I was mainly recommending the latest episode as I watched it on TV (TU was down). Counting that episode I'd only seen 2.5 episodes. If you had not come back and said you thought it was awesome I would not have bothered to watch the previous episodes and would not have seen the Indy reference episode. So we sorta recommended it to each other.

Edited by poko, 22 March 2010 - 07:47 PM.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#9 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:28 PM

I watched half of an episode on hulu and then somebody asked for help with calculus so I turned it off. I'll probably bring it back up later cause it did hold my attention and was entertaining. I'm sure to be bored in a little bit.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#10 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:54 AM

We condescend to give this trifling a mere moment of our attention on a weekly bases as it suits Us. For this, We feel it should show proper appreciation.

Because we are secretly symbiotic organisms who are also royalty.

And at that point I was mainly recommending the latest episode as I watched it on TV (TU was down). Counting that episode I'd only seen 2.5 episodes. If you had not come back and said you thought it was awesome I would not have bothered to watch the previous episodes and would not have seen the Indy reference episode. So we sorta recommended it to each other.

Fair enough. I just couldn't start with the eighth episode, I guess. :P
-The Tick

#11 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

Caught a glimpse of today's episode on TV. Another BSG lady.
-The Tick

#12 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

Warning SPOILERS! for this weeks episode.

This last episode was a little silly, mainly b/c a major corporation wouldn't go that far to cover up one single death. There's proof of entire towns being slowly poisoned by this type of stuff and the companies go about their business. It can take years for a class action lawsuit to really win and take some effect. Heck there is a mining town in Montana where they lined their playgrounds with an asbestos compound they were mining at a time when asbestos's effects were known. So I didn't buy the story.

:steps down from soap box:

Anyway, characters were entertaining as always. Didn't really understand the fight on the big dump truck and that plane had no wheels. How does it land on a normal landing strip? But it was all in good fun.

------
The big guy clearly used to be Lawful Good and is quickly sliding down that slippery slope from neutral good to chaotic good. His DM should take note. I mean he already lost his paladin powers. :P

This week's chick was from such nerdy shows as Terminator Salvation and Day Break, though I know her as the time traveling girl from Journeyman. It seems shows where she gets a reoccurring role don't last long. These women really do throw them selves at the main character. Its getting kind of embarrassing.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#13 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 11:18 PM

This week's chick was from such nerdy shows as Terminator Salvation and Day Break, though I know her as the time traveling girl from Journeyman.

She was also in the newest season of Burn Notice, playing a Miami cop.

These women really do throw them selves at the main character. Its getting kind of embarrassing.

Maybe they're trying to model it after James Bond.
Posted Image

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#14 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:59 PM

Erick Avari is busy this week, first Castle now Human Target.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#15 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

I thought the same thing, except for the part about his name because I didn't know it.

P.S. Guerrero is still awesome.

Edited by Apocalypse, 08 April 2010 - 06:48 PM.

-The Tick

#16 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 11:25 PM

I thought the same thing, except for the part about his name because I didn't know it.

P.S. Guerrero is still awesome.

This is why I have IMDb as a quick search in my address bar. In my mind he will always be the dude from The Mummy. Which is why his role in Castle was sooo awesome.

Yes, he does very well in this episode and makes a hard perception check.

Edited by poko, 08 April 2010 - 11:25 PM.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#17 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:35 AM

In my mind he will always be the dude from The Mummy. Which is why his role in Castle was sooo awesome.

He was also in Stargate (the movie) and Stargate SG-1, playing Dr. Jackson's father-in-law. And, more recently, he played Mohinder Suresh's father on Heroes. He really gets around.
Posted Image

#18 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

The first season finale of Human Target is tonight!
Posted Image

#19 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

Human Target was supposed to premiere its second season this coming Friday, but FOX has decided to delay it until November 17th. That's a Wednesday, by the way. It'll air at 8/7 Central. The reason for the sudden change is the recent cancellation of Lone Star, which aired on Mondays. FOX decided to shuffle around a few of their shows, including Lie to Me. An encore presentation of House will now air in what would have been Human Target's time slot. The Good Guys will still follow afterward.
Posted Image

#20 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:06 PM

Tonights episode had its moments. The thief chick is still annoying, though thats the point. They showed the preview for the series finale and there is a clip of Guerrero walking away from an explosion and not looking back.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Sqz5dbs5zmo
http://tvtropes.org/...UnflinchingWalk

-Doctor-

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users