• 5,072 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:43 PM

Think I'll send TrekUnited to space.

Messages From Earth

"SAIL AWAY" WITH LIGHTSAIL AND IKAROS

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Two pioneering missions are preparing to set sail and you can be aboard!

Lightsail, a project of The Planetary Society, will merge the ultra-light technology of nanosats with the ultra-large technology of solar sails setting a course to the stars. LightSail-1 is the beginning of an innovative program that will launch three separate spacecraft over the course of several years.

IKAROS (Interplanetary Kite-craft Accelerated by Radiation Of the Sun) is a solar sail which gathers sunlight as propulsion by means of a large sail. This solar powered sail craft will employ both photon propulsion and thin film solar power generation during its interplanetary cruise. IKAROS will be launched together with the Venus Climate Orbiter, 'Akatsuki' in fiscal 2010 by JAXA.

People around the world are encouraged to send names alone or in combination with a message.

Simply fill out the form below and don't forget to print your official participation certificate when you are done!

Deadline to sign up for the IKAROS mission is March 22, 2010

This is pretty cool, LINK HERE

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users