Let's Talk About Video Games!

551 replies to this topic

#541 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, Bioshock's gameplay wasn't really super innovative but the story was (even though did kind of botch the storyline as it got closer to the end, I give them credit for trying something interesting and new). Bioshock 2 was made by a different developer using the same engine, I believe, so it's analogous to Fallout: New Vegas in the sense that it's just a spinoff that might be fun but also maybe shouldn't considered canonical.

Speaking of the botched story in Bioshock, I think I posted this here before, but this is an absolutely perfect alternate ending to Bioshock that a games journalist wrote. It's the kind of thing that makes going and back and playing the game a really sad experience, because you know its flaws will never be fixed even when you know exactly how they could be fixed. Like Wind Waker, but that's a discussion for another time.
Posted Image

#542 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:16 PM

It will be awweeeeesoooome.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#543 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

They had better release a PC port.
Posted Image

#544 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

Maybe. If they do it right. If it's just a GTA clone (in a bad way) it won't be awesome. But they did Red Dead right, so who am I to doubt Rockstar?
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#545 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:27 PM

Maybe. If they do it right. If it's just a GTA clone (in a bad way) it won't be awesome. But they did Red Dead right, so who am I to doubt Rockstar?

do some research, the game mechanic is not gta. They've been working on this game since 2004.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#546 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

WHY WOULD I BOTHER TO DO RESEARCH WHEN YOU CAN DO IT FOR ME
AND WHEN I DON'T PARTICULARLY CARE ABOUT THE GAME THAT MUCH
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#547 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

Anyone here tried Crysis 2?
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#548 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

So, what the hell happened to demos? I'm taking another break from WoW soon, and I'd like to find something else to play, but aside from Blizzard games, I've been out of the gaming loop for a very long time now, and I don't know what to get. I've come across some that seem interesting, but most of them don't have demos, and I refuse to buy a game without trying it first unless it's a sequel to a game I already liked or I have some other very good reason to believe it will be good.

#549 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:07 AM

I never do not play in game "Fallout",please say: this game will be interesting for me or no. I know,what this game genre RPG( role playing game).I hear,what in "Fallout" need will be make missions,speak with personages.Too i know,what series "Fallout" about world after nuclear war in 2077 year. Maybe me play in this computer game if it interesting game.I too hear,what in this game have tactical system fight enemy,for example: push button "V",select part body npc,and push button "E"-can will be open fire on enemy. About this game i read in magazine about computer games in febury month this year. Exactly in this game have strong enemy.For me i think,what this game will be very hard for me. I early play in games genre RPG,but i do not familiar with world game "Fallout".

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#550 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

So, what the hell happened to demos? I'm taking another break from WoW soon, and I'd like to find something else to play, but aside from Blizzard games, I've been out of the gaming loop for a very long time now, and I don't know what to get. I've come across some that seem interesting, but most of them don't have demos, and I refuse to buy a game without trying it first unless it's a sequel to a game I already liked or I have some other very good reason to believe it will be good.

It seems that the companies are not releasing demos anymore. I refuse to pay for a game that could be crap and a sequel can be a lot worse than it's predecessor. I think it could encourage people to pirate games.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#551 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:59 PM

It seems that the companies are not releasing demos anymore. I refuse to pay for a game that could be crap and a sequel can be a lot worse than it's predecessor. I think it could encourage people to pirate games.

Yeah, it could definitely lead to more pirating. It's dumb. They're just cutting into their own profits. I've seen a few games I'm very interested in, but without a demo, I'm not going to buy them.

#552 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:42 AM

Steam is becoming more prevalent with games these days, however, it tends to eat alot of bandwidth if you play games online. unfortunately if you want to play alot of the newer games you have to have a steam account. like with Skyrim for example you are required to have a steam account to play.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users