• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1001 replies to this topic

#1 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:29 AM

Somewhere in foggy London town, an abandoned building is filled with the light of a kerosene lamp. Plazmataz, whose frock coat is wet from the drizzle in the streets, holds the lamp aloft. The room is illuminated. Perhaps, in a different time, the building had been a tavern, or a brothel, but the place had become barren and forgotten since then. Setting down his lamp and his soggy top hat, Plazmataz pulls a brass device from an inner pocket of his coat. Flicking a switch, a number of things beam into existence, including a jukebox from sometime in the early 20th century, a coffee-serving droid from the 21st, and a certain young ensign from the 23rd.

"Put this
on," Plazmataz says, handing the ensign a bright red corset.

"And you will no longer serve coffee," he says, addresses the pink coffee robot. "Tea only, I'm afraid."

"The guests should be arriving any time now," he mutters, checking his pocketwatch. Outside, a horse-drawn carriage brings the first of the bar's patrons.

Edited by Plazmataz, 04 March 2010 - 04:31 AM.

Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:35 AM

"Good morning," the man with the thin moustache says to his humble host in greeting as he steps from the carriage, paying the driver. "Say, are all our assorted whosiwhatsits all steampunk-looking now?"
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#3 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 04:45 AM

"Good morning," the man with the thin moustache says to his humble host in greeting as he steps from the carriage, paying the driver. "Say, are all our assorted whosiwhatsits all steampunk-looking now?"

This goes without saying. Our new jukebox:

Posted Image

Where do you guys get your avatars?

Google images, mostly. Find something you like, and cut it down to avatar size. Voila!
Posted Image

#4 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:09 AM

Morning, everyone!

Earl Grey, hot for me please.

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#5 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:24 AM

Oh, I missed this comment made right after I implied Droney was a super hero.

Ha. I'm just your average girl trying to pass high school.

So was Peter Parker. Trying to pass high school, that is. He was not a girl.
But I think I'm going to keep on believing you are girl Sam Fischer.
Posted Image
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#6 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:44 AM

*Droney walks into bar dressed in Victorian era clothing*

*Droney, being her usual bad luck magnet self, trips on her own dress*

Yup. There's me for ya. I like the new bar...19th Century London is a neat place.

Now your location makes perfect sense! You are clearly keeping the Western world safe from Communist and Korean terrorists. Now, are you more like Sam Fischer, or James Bond?

To tell you the truth, I doubt the Western world will need to be worried about Korean terrorists. Just my opinion, from what I saw.

Neither; I'm your average girl, living an average life, making average grades in school.

-----

Wait, what is this? No coffee? I suppose I shall have a Jasmine Tea, then; hot, of course.
Unless life gives you water and sugar as well, your lemonade is going to suck.

Love Should Not Divide

#7 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:53 AM

Neither; I'm your average girl, living an average life, making average grades in school.

With deadly martial arts skills, and I bet your parents were killed by a mugger or something.
Posted Image

Edited by Apocalypse, 04 March 2010 - 06:54 AM.

-The Tick

#8 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:07 AM

With deadly martial arts skills, and I bet your parents were killed by a mugger or something.Posted Image

Yeah, well, when your dad coaches the US National Team for two years, you get into martial arts. :)

Ummm...both of my parents are alive and kickin'.

Love Should Not Divide

#9 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:31 AM

So that would mean your a crime fighting family?Posted Image

Nice new place, replicator screwed up my attire, I'll work on that later.
Great intro Plaz.Posted Image

Tea.....hmmmm........Darjeeling, please.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#10 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:55 AM

Ha, yeah...You see, for some strange reason, I can't see any of you guyses (yeah, that's a word in my book...) avatars or information on the left hand side of my screen. I'm convinced it's just my Chinese internet connection.

Refresh your browser Droney.

Tea, Earl Grey, Hot. With Lemon, the infection migrated to my throat <_<
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#11 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:00 AM

Thanks, Sev. I'll try that. Get better soon. :)

Crime fighting family? Not really. We're just your everyday people, guys. Nothing spectacular.

Love Should Not Divide

#12 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:03 AM

Apparently you don't understand that insisting you are normal will only convince me further that you are trying to maintain your secret identity.
-The Tick

#13 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:12 AM

Aw, you guys went and had a party without me. I feel all left out.

Warcraft. BSG. Archery. Elves. Tolkien. Etc.

Firstly, I was partially exaggerating for effect. Secondly, with the possible exception of Tolkien, most of those are still pretty far off the beaten path.

No offense taken, ee. You see, I have a super religious background; great-grandfathers were both pastors, father is a pastor and a missionary (and a Marine Biologist...and a chicken/goat farmer...and a President of a college...but yeah). Since I was a wee tot, the 'No cussing' thing has been drilled into me. Unless words such as 'crap' 'dang' and 'darn' are considered swears, I've never sweared, nor do I plan to.

"Crap" counts.

Also, you totally should swear. You don't need to do it like I do (IE all the time), but science has shown that cursing is an effective method of stress reduction and that substitutes (such as "darn") are not effective. Bizarre, I know, but the facts don't lie. We wouldn't want you to build up stress until you snap and kill everyone with your martial arts skills.

Or musically theatrical biology?
You could dissect this guy:
Posted Image

For some reason, this made me laugh incredibly hard.

#14 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

Aw, you guys went and had a party without me. I feel all left out.

Firstly, I was partially exaggerating for effect. Secondly, with the possible exception of Tolkien, most of those are still pretty far off the beaten path.

Also, you totally should swear. You don't need to do it like I do (IE all the time), but science has shown that cursing is an effective method of stress reduction and that substitutes (such as "darn") are not effective. Bizarre, I know, but the facts don't lie. We wouldn't want you to build up stress until you snap and kill everyone with your martial arts skills.

Well, it was either sleep, or have a party with us.

I didn't say they were popular, I just said they weren't obscure. If the average person does not know what archery is, or what Elves are, then my already incredibly low opinion of human intelligence will fall even further. That, and I think you doubt WoW. It's made the news on several occasions. It's like saying you don't know about Spider-man. You may not have played WoW (or read a Spidey comic or seen one of the movies), but surely it is common knowledge that the game exists, as it is common knowledge the character exists.

Now it is my turn to laugh. But still, surely Droney beats up petty criminals on a regular basis on her nightly crime-fighting patrols.
-The Tick

#15 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:02 AM

I didn't say they were popular, I just said they weren't obscure. If the average person does not know what archery is, or what Elves are, then my already incredibly low opinion of human intelligence will fall even further. That, and I think you doubt WoW. It's made the news on several occasions. It's like saying you don't know about Spider-man. You may not have played WoW (or read a Spidey comic or seen one of the movies), but surely it is common knowledge that the game exists, as it is common knowledge the character exists.

You have a point, but I think my argument still has some validity. People may know of WoW, but that doesn't mean I could find any common ground with them based on it. If I start telling people about how much I like my Staff of Draconic Combat, I'm just going to get a lot of blank stares.

I guess there's degrees of obscurity. WoW is much less obscure than, say, the Three Worlds Cycle, but neither are mainstream. Put it this way; you're the only person I've ever met who can discuss WoW to the same level of detail as I can.

#16 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:21 PM

Oh man...my everything hurts. I hafta go donate in a bit here.
Apartment was a lot farther than we thought. Very sad. We're gonna keep looking, try and get one closer by. The sooner the better.

#17 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:59 PM

Good morning all. Dropping in for a short time just to get the feel of the new place. I've always had a thing for London.

Does this puppy do Chai tea?

Juke box looks cool. Where's the trombone? I'm sure it's here somewhere. *walks over to the pool table and begins messing around*

I made blueberry crumb muffins for breakfast. :thumbup: I'm not sure they "fit" here, but I left 'em on the bar just in case someone was hungry. I ate two. I want three.

Made the call to the doctor....I do NOT like doctors....need blood work. Cringing. Need x-rays. I can so do that. Will someone hold my hand please?

Sorry to hear you're under the weather S_71! Get well fast!!! Chicken soup - rest - tea with honey.... you know the routine. My dad makes his own cough syrup. He calls it "Ah la" and for whatever it's worth, you can actually feel it going down your throat into your stomach. It's pretty strong stuff.

@Fasty: what are the sites you go to for computer stuff?

President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#18 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:10 PM

Droney, I love your sig!

It's my birthday, and the drinks are on me. Unfortunately I'll hit the sack sooner rather than later, so you're going to have to serve yourselves...

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#19 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:19 PM

Happy birthday dude. *runs over and begins to bake cake* Where are the darn candles? Can't have cake without candles!!!
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#20 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:57 PM

Happy birthday, maneth! :happybday: :) :clap: :cheers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users