Alternate Timeline?

24 replies to this topic

#21 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Allow me to rephrase. . .why not, technically speaking, do subforums? Is it 1). space consuming, 2). time consuming or is there 3). some altogether different reason it is undesirable? I'm just curious to know, because I've maintained an online store (whole other animal, I know) of over 40 categories and 30-some subcategories with relative ease and I've got no forum experience. So I'm just wondering how much work something like that would have entailed.

Might just be a matter of preference. Personally, I find too many subforums can be overwhelming, and I think it makes a site look better to have a few busy subforums instead of a whole bunch that never see any activity (and that is a circumstance that's occurred before here at TU).

#22 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:08 PM

I think that a proper Star Trek movie section of the forum, with sub forums for each movie...(or pinned threads) on a Star Trek fan site is not superfluous and completely appropriate. As the section is now, it is cluttered and disorganized. If one were to have a question about say...TWOK, one would have to dig through pages of threads or just create a new thread. Why not have sections or threads dedicated to each movie so that random comments and questions could be filtered through those threads? I think that a bit of organizing in that section will actually keep the clutter down as opposed to creating more.

AND...Not for nuthin', but, it would honor the original timeline...giving credence to the movies....

IMHO...

Okay...maybe not so humble..but....

I have been tuning up the MU Windstar all day.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#23 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:57 AM

What would a TU Terilynn be like? Sharper heels? Or a prude?:upsidedown:

#24 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:34 PM

Sharper heels.Posted Image

A mirror universe TF has all kinds of interesting possibilities.

Pink2D2 would become maybe Red2D2 and among the usual duties be programmed for random assasinations.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#25 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:54 PM

MU Terilynn...bwa ha ha ha!! But that is where you got your Riker toy, remember?
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users