Alternate Timeline?

24 replies to this topic

#1 StarTrekFan01

StarTrekFan01

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:15 AM

I was thinking yesterday due to the newest Star Trek Movie being part of an alternate Timeline, I was wondering if you could put a Star Trek Alternate Timeline Section where members can make their own Timeline up starting from The Movie ended.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:04 AM

To keep clutter down we try not to create too many new sections. Your proposal could be a good subject to work with. If you want I would suggest starting a thread in the new Trek Movie Sub-forum and see what develops from it.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#3 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:01 PM

My suggestion would be to break the Star Trek Movies section of the forum down the way the Crewmembers Lounge is broken down(Now with the ever so important Ten Forward thread :rolleyes: :thumbsup:). Couldn't you put a section for each movie...and then threads could break off from there? As it is now, it is really hit or miss as to whether you could discuss a specific movie. It might take some maneuvering of the current threads...but I think it would streamline that section....Then I can make a dedicated "How hot is Chris Pine?" thread.:naughty3dg: Cuz...ya know...he's kinda hot...and all...

Just a thought. I don't have any idea how you guys do that.....

Edited by trekkin', 15 February 2010 - 04:02 PM.

"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#4 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

By posting at trekunited you are already in an alternate universe, so there you go .. LOL

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

Associate Producer of Star Trek: Renegades, Coming soon!!

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

#5 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:16 AM

I agree with the argument that we should keep clutter to a minimum. We already have more subforums than you can shake a stick at, and there's nothing stopping anyone from using the current ST:XI forum for such discussions.

#6 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

I wouldn't say add more, just organize it a bit. Maybe pin threads dedicated to each movie specifically, then let the rest be "general discussion".

I dunno...I just think it would be difficult to make a comment about a specific movie with that section laid out the way it is.

*runs away....:eekout:*

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#7 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:20 PM

My suggestion would be to break the Star Trek Movies section of the forum down the way the Crewmembers Lounge is broken down(Now with the ever so important Ten Forward thread Posted Image Posted Image). Couldn't you put a section for each movie...and then threads could break off from there? As it is now, it is really hit or miss as to whether you could discuss a specific movie. It might take some maneuvering of the current threads...but I think it would streamline that section....Then I can make a dedicated "How hot is Chris Pine?" thread.Posted Image Cuz...ya know...he's kinda hot...and all...

Just a thought. I don't have any idea how you guys do that.....

I wouldn't say add more, just organize it a bit. Maybe pin threads dedicated to each movie specifically, then let the rest be "general discussion".

I dunno...I just think it would be difficult to make a comment about a specific movie with that section laid out the way it is.

*runs away....Posted Image*

Posted Image What she said! I'm a sucker for organization. Yeah, why not a subforum for each movie within the Trek Movies category? That wouldn't be cluttery, it would be lovely. Then just transport the various threads into their cooresponding subforum and transport the new movie subforum over. Nice and clean and organized. :)

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#8 Fan Producer

Fan Producer

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:57 PM

We can't really have a subforum yet, because there's only been one movie on that alternate timeline. We will have to wait until next year because we can think of anything to say.

#9 John Doe

John Doe

Commodore

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:23 AM

why not a subforum for each movie within the Trek Movies category?

That means 11 new subforums... 11!

Regarding the alternate timeline, my guess is that an "official thread" would be enough, at least for now; this so called alternate timeline just started, and who knows if it's going anywhere beyond the next movie...

Without trying to sound egotistical... (...) I have my own ideas and aspirations which were countlessly shot down in the past. I've no interest in being in that position again.

#10 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:32 AM

Okay...no sub forums..but what if one "pinned" 11 threads...So that each movie is available to discuss on the main that forum's first page?

#11 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

Regarding the alternate timeline, my guess is that an "official thread" would be enough, at least for now; this so called alternate timeline just started, and who knows if it's going anywhere beyond the next movie...

My understanding of the contracts says that there are likely to be two more movies. I wouldn't hold my breath for a forth, or a related TV series, though. Certain of the actors would probably be too pricey for a TV series.
Posted Image

#12 Tom

Tom

• Managment
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:02 AM

I have tried to label that section so it really covers all of 'Abrams Trek' which, at this point in just TrekXI and the upcoming XII.

Truth be told, I have thought of making a mirror universe area. Basically when you go to this area the skin will change (only when your in this area) and the logo would say TrekDivided (with the mirror universe sword between the Trek and Divided). We would have some sections in there that relate to not only the mirror universe Star Trek but also altered things as if we were living in the the mirror universe in 2010. Much like how Sussman and and Coto wanted us to pretend we were in the mirror universe watching 2 episodes of Enterprise ("In a Mirror, Darkly Parts 1 and 2"). This area would also be moderated more lightly (making it a bit more adult) then the rest of the board. Some of the topics could be fictional, like 'Messages from the Emperor ' etc.. I think it could be alot of fun, some disclaimers would be needed of course.

I think that 'TrekDivided' would be a funny parady on ourselves also. An alternative title for that area could be TrekEmpire but I like trekdivided since its the polar opposite of trekunited.

Thoughts?

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

#13 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:57 PM

I think it's a good idea Tom. :thumbsup:
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#14 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:35 PM

I like it as well. Already thinking of a mirror universe avatar. Posted Image

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#15 Tom

Tom

• Managment
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:54 PM

Well I have thought a 'dark' Star Trek forum would be cool and somehow sinfully attractive. So instead of a whole other forum/site we can just have a specisl area here, where we can have fun and even parady ourselves a bit. Remember Captain Hairless? (the mirror duplicate to Captain Hair) he was rather a fun guy from the mirror univese, i wonder what ever happened to him...ah well

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

#16 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:54 PM

Well I have thought a 'dark' Star Trek forum would be cool and somehow sinfully attractive. So instead of a whole other forum/site we can just have a specisl area here, where we can have fun and even parady ourselves a bit. Remember Captain Hairless? (the mirror duplicate to Captain Hair) he was rather a fun guy from the mirror univese, i wonder what ever happened to him...ah well

Yes!! I'm in!! My mirror universe character came to life in the MU Ten Forward!! I love the idea!

#17 Tom

Tom

• Managment
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:16 AM

Ok, well let me work on the parameters of how all this will work. i will post a seperate thread about it. I did not mean to derail startrekfan01's thread, my bad.

There is a ton of cool stuff I have been thinking abour for this dark mirror forum idea that I think you guys will love and may actually attract new members as well.

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

#18 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:44 AM

Rationally, I have my doubts about how much we could do in such a subforum, but on a more visceral level, I'm all for it. It sounds made of awesome. I love the "TrekDivided" name. :lol:

#19 Tom

Tom

• Managment
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:12 AM

Ya EE, I'm working on the best approach for that.

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

#20 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, why not a subforum for each movie within the Trek Movies category?

Posted Image Allow me to rephrase. . .why not, technically speaking, do subforums? Is it 1). space consuming, 2). time consuming or is there 3). some altogether different reason it is undesirable? I'm just curious to know, because I've maintained an online store (whole other animal, I know) of over 40 categories and 30-some subcategories with relative ease and I've got no forum experience. So I'm just wondering how much work something like that would have entailed.

I have tried to label that section so it really covers all of 'Abrams Trek' which, at this point in just TrekXI and the upcoming XII.

Truth be told, I have thought of making a mirror universe area. Basically when you go to this area the skin will change (only when your in this area) and the logo would say TrekDivided (with the mirror universe sword between the Trek and Divided). We would have some sections in there that relate to not only the mirror universe Star Trek but also altered things as if we were living in the the mirror universe in 2010. Much like how Sussman and and Coto wanted us to pretend we were in the mirror universe watching 2 episodes of Enterprise ("In a Mirror, Darkly Parts 1 and 2"). This area would also be moderated more lightly (making it a bit more adult) then the rest of the board. Some of the topics could be fictional, like 'Messages from the Emperor ' etc.. I think it could be alot of fun, some disclaimers would be needed of course.

I think that 'TrekDivided' would be a funny parady on ourselves also. An alternative title for that area could be TrekEmpire but I like trekdivided since its the polar opposite of trekunited.

Thoughts?

I like it, sounds cool! Posted Image

Connor-picstrip.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users