Photo

Star Wars Ep. III

70 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you going to go see it? (71 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you going to go see it?

1. Are you kidding? I'll be in line weeks in advance! (15 votes [21.13%])

Percentage of vote: 21.13%

2. Definately plan on seeing it. (52 votes [73.24%])

Percentage of vote: 73.24%

3. I'll go if there's nothing better to do. (2 votes [2.82%])

Percentage of vote: 2.82%

4. Yawn - Jar Jar Binks and Ewoks - forget it. (2 votes [2.82%])

Percentage of vote: 2.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Commander Phil

Commander Phil

Commodore

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:40 AM

I'm seeing it at midnight tonight. Can hardly wait!
"he who laughs last thinks slowest"

"i'm rick james b****"

#62 genie78

genie78

Lieutenant

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:42 PM

I just came home from the movie theater. I saw the final installment of the Star Wars series. It's great to know that I've finally finished watching all six movies.

I can't say that I really love Episode III. The visuals are stunning but then I found myself distracted by Anakin/Hayden's wooden acting.

Anakin acted truly out of character. His motive for joining the dark side is kind of shallow. There's no neat transition from scene to scene. The dialogue is just too simple. The plot is a little thin.

Maybe I just expected something better. It is after all the last movie in the series.

One thing is for sure though. Star Wars is no Lord of the Rings in terms of quality.

Regardless of my criticisms, I still like Star Wars as a whole. I grew up watching it. But I must say, my favorite episode would have to be, " The Empire Strikes Back."

#63 Rhett Coates

Rhett Coates

Commodore

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:48 PM

I agree that STAR WARS is just good fun while STAR TREK is something more. TREK says something more about humanity.
That being said, I was a STAR WARS fan before I was a STAR TREK fan. I think with all the action STAR WARS was easier for me to understand as a little kid.
I like the looks of the new movie. I HATED episodes I and II though. I'll definitely go see th new one though, whether the reviews are good or bad. If you start a story, you've got to see how it ends.

View Post

Star Trek and Star Wars are BOTH good methods of doing exactly what writers do: TELL A GOOD STORY.

The nature of mass media is TO CONVEY A MESSAGE.

In Star Trek, moral values often hold sway, and SciFi ['Trek] is a platform from which moral issues can be adressed, as G. Roddenberry first conceived, as "a way to address the issues of our time" while not having overseers (i.e., the Networks) get too antsy about what the writers were actually stating in their messages. Star Trek has apparently succeeded WAY beyond Gene's vision.

STAR WARS has become something quite similar, and perhaps George Lucas was inspired by Gene R.'s example to creatively mold it into this type of [story-telling platform] as well, while still telling a FUN, fast-paced SciFi plot based on the Buck Rogers-type of films released for Saturday viewing in the early days of theatres.

I noticed something interesting in the first two PREQUELS (SW episodes One and Two) - Lucas's storyline addressed what can happen to even the best of political institutions when too much power is taken by individuals, and this was also addressed in many Star Trek episodes (--the "Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely" issue). Palpatine has been swayed to take over the Galactic Democracy as it exists in the Star Wars universe, and we will see exactly what he is attempting to do in this new, final chapter in Lucas's six-part saga. I got that distinct impression as I listened to the lines by Palpatine in the previous two pictures, and it was quite eye-opening that those lines are coming to my ears in real life right now, as I often listen to congressional debates on the C-SPAN and C-SPAN-2 television channels. It is most disturbing. COULD THIS BE "THE DARKER VIEW" THAT G. LUCAS IS TAKING IN THIS CHAPTER OF THE STAR WARS SAGA? IS THIS PERHAPS A WARNING :busted_cop: THAT WE ARE COMING TOO CLOSE TO WHAT IS TAKING PLACE IN THE MOVIE'S STORYLINE? I wonder.....

'Lucas states that it is much "darker" than the previous films, and he is perhaps right to address this: a real-life parallel appears to be happening in America's government right now - IN OUR TIME - and maybe he's addressing real fears that our system might degrade in some similar fashion. THAT is a dark moral issue to consider, and may be EXACTLY what he, as a writer of a message that should be conveyed to a mass audience, is attempting to get across in the storyline that is Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

---THOUGHTS TO PONDER WHEN WE SEE THE MOVIE...???
~~~ Regarding the woman EVE, in TOS episode "Mudd's Women" ~~~

KIRK: "There's only one kind of woman--"
HARRY MUDD: "--or man, for that matter--"
KIRK: "--You either believe in yourself, or you don't."

(Truer Star Trek words were never spoken.)

"Good words. That's where ideas begin." --David Marcus, in ST2:TWOK)

A quote spoken by Tom Hanks, portraying the Train conductor, near the end of the film The Polar Express, describes the secret to a fulfilled life in a nutshell: "One thing about trains: it doesn't really matter where they're going; what matters is deciding to get on." (Now, if more people lived by that adage, Gene Roddenberry's vision might come about a lot faster! -- RC)

Posted Image

#64 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 03:03 PM

I just came home from the movie theater. I saw the final installment of the Star Wars series. It's great to know that I've finally finished watching all six movies.

I can't say that I really love Episode III. The visuals are stunning but then I found myself distracted by Anakin/Hayden's wooden acting.

Anakin acted truly out of character. His motive for joining the dark side is kind of shallow. There's no neat transition from scene to scene. The dialogue is just too simple. The plot is a little thin. 

Maybe I just expected something better. It is after all the last movie in the series.

One thing is for sure though. Star Wars is no Lord of the Rings in terms of quality.

Regardless of my criticisms, I still like Star Wars as a whole. I grew up watching it. But I must say, my favorite episode would have to be, " The Empire Strikes Back."

View Post

As long as you aren't bashing it, and say it's the worst, I won't kill you.

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."
- Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

#65 Commander Phil

Commander Phil

Commodore

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:05 PM

I'm leaving to see it now. Airs in 2 hours. Hope I get a good seat. I'm tired as he** though should have got some sleep. Hope I can enjoy it anyway.
"he who laughs last thinks slowest"

"i'm rick james b****"

#66 Cougar

Cougar

fsfafsfdyryrhgf

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 24,610 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:26 PM

I'm leaving to see it now.  Airs in 2 hours.  Hope I get a good seat.  I'm tired as he** though should have got some sleep.  Hope I can enjoy it anyway.

View Post

I have school tomorrow and I do not prefer seeing movies at midnight so that's why I'm not going tonight. Also to take into account, that I have no ride to the theatre at that time of the night.

Posted Image

"We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people."
- Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

#67 Prometheus1

Prometheus1

Crewman 2nd Class

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:06 AM

Im a star wars and star trek fan but i think star wars 3 beats them all with no trouble and thats no harm meant towards star trek :thumbsup:

#68 Nickolov

Nickolov

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:20 AM

Episode II was awful. That's why I'm sceptical about Episode III. I still haven't seen "Revenge of the Sith". As I said, too sceptical. I'm sure I'll be dissappointed.

Macedonian National Coordinator @ TFU

Posted Image

MakTrek blog | Crapwerk blog

#69 LovingMemoryToSpace

LovingMemoryToSpace

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:46 AM

I didnt never saw it in movies but I wouldnt have even chance I was completely too young...I was only nine in those times -_- But if I would be older I would go with pleasure ^_^

#70 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 10:37 AM

i was 5 when that came out. I did not watch it but i did on a CD.

#71 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:00 AM

Me like episode 3,because in this episode very many dark and sad.I do not ask how,because you will be do not interesting watch this movie.Say what in this episode empire will be very strong,they are build Death star.Final 3 episode is awesome and it will be begun four episode( original trilogy).If you like watch "Star Wars" saga,you must will be watch this episode.Now i say you about special effects in this movie: In begun movie have wonderful episode: attack fighters Jedi big battleship trade federation.More in movie me like view planet Mustaphar: fire stream red-orange color.More me like battle on planet Utopau and final battle on Mustaphar: duel Anakin vs Obi-Wan.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users