• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1005 replies to this topic

#1 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:48 PM

Everything was ready. The bar had been polished to a lustrous shine. Snacks were laid out. Drinks (some fuzzy, others dead, others hot) were poured. Flatscreens stood ready to show all the events, ceremonies, and highlights. Everything was ready for the games, for the celebration of unity, brotherhood, and the human spirit--all things treasured by true Trekkies.

It had everything a good sports bar needed, but it was not quite your ordinary sports bar. Where team banners and memorabilia should have been, there were instead mementos of captains past. There was a small stage with a familiar trombone, and a massive death ray lurked in one day corner.

Nor was all meant to celebrate the impending Olympics. Ensign Edwards had taken the time to include treats from his homeland, the host nation. In addition to the usual fare, the bar was offering Canadian delicacies such as poutine, Newfoundland cod and chips, beaver tails, and a vast array of maple-based confections.

Off to one side, YER sat in a chair, enjoying a fuzzy Malcolm and grinning like a fool. He had been given some time off. Food was not the only Canadian addition. Edwards had found some new red shirts for this special bar.

He stepped forward and surveyed his choices: a tall, beautiful blond woman in a red dress that left nothing to the imagination; a second woman, also blond but shorter and in a Starfleet uniform; and a short, glum-looking man who had been hastily stuffed into a Starfleet uniform. Each wore a name tag declaring their identities. Six, Commander Shelby, Dr. Rodney McKay.

McKay grumbled. "This isn't really the best use of my time..."

Edwards brandished a lemon. "Silence, McKay!"

Not for the first time, Edwards wondered if his one new red shirt would be more trouble than he was worth. He made a point to remember to tell the Ten Forward patrons that McKay's deadly citrus allergy was a good way to keep him in check.

Satisfied that all was ready, Edwards turned his attention to the front of the bar, where a cold British Columbian rain pattered against the windows, and awaited the first patrons.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

*The USS Windstar comes to a rest in front of the bar. trekkin' steps out, her boots are suitable to the cold weather. She signals to Ivan to remove her belongings from the craft.*

Ivan...grab the totem pole first!

I have a gift for your new bar ee! The culture here is incredible. It is such an inspiration to see how ancient man dealt with first contact prior to the official "contact". Who knows who was flitting around here in those days? I am so excited!! I have tickets to the Parrises Squares match on the first day!

Ivan...just put it in the corner...You like?

Posted Image
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#3 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:15 AM

*Droney lands her shuttle craft in the...errr...shuttle craft parking lot, and strolls into the bar, shedding her giant winter coat. She looks around, and takes a seat*

I like the new bar well enough; I'm ready to watch the events! (Which, sadly, I'm going to have to do over the 'net.)

Yay for the new TF! :23: :23: :23: :23: :23:
Unless life gives you water and sugar as well, your lemonade is going to suck.

Love Should Not Divide

#4 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:24 AM

Cool, a new bar has opened. A fuzzy Malcolm to celebrate, please!

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#5 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:33 AM

Elf gets in his car, flies it across the Atlantic Ocean, over Canada and to the car/shuttle craft lot. He walks into the bar wearing a winter coat and takes a seat.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#6 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:04 AM

Tze Frensch bar vas good, but tze new one is altzso good... tze Olympics aren't bad at all...

#7 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:46 AM

"arriving in a impulse powered sled, wild ride"

Nice place,EE, love the totem pole, Trekkin.

Looking forward to the upcoming events.

HOT Coffee please. Need to acclimate to the cold.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#8 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:25 AM

Hi all...again! I think I'll have a Hot Tucker to make me feel better; I got a chunk of the muscle in my right arm moved around. It's kind of a long story...basically, someone grabbed my arm and drilled their thumb into my upper right arm so hard that it seriously messed my muscle up...and made quite a large bruise at that. I can move it, but my right arm is pretty weak. This stinks.

Love Should Not Divide

#9 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,713 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:42 AM

I can't get over how spiffy this new place is...The Red Shirts are tip top! I think I'll go for a spin around Stanley Park.

But then I have to go to the dentist...just for a cleaning.

I have not slept very well AGAIN...THIS morning both of my daughters had nightmares about an hour apart. One was so scared that she never went back to sleep. She should be a real joy this evening. Can you say cranky?
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#10 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:12 AM

I have not slept very well AGAIN...THIS morning both of my daughters had nightmares about an hour apart. One was so scared that she never went back to sleep. She should be a real joy this evening. Can you say cranky?

Cranky is my middle name. ^_^ I actually became so cranky of a person that my father started to call me 'DeForest' (after DeForest Kelly, who played Bones in TOS). People were seriously confused.

*hands trekkin' a mug of...coffee, I guess*

Love Should Not Divide

#11 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:48 AM

I can't get over how spiffy this new place is...The Red Shirts are tip top!

Indeed. *Brandishes a squirt gun full of lemonade.* McKay, get me an Andorian ale! Chop chop!

I'm hoping Plaz might forgive me for not using his idea when he finds out Six is here. :P

#12 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:48 AM

Owie! At least he didn't call you Bones, droney...

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#13 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:18 AM

*walks in wearing a t-shirt*
What's with all the winter coats? You wait 'til it actually gets cold.

I'm hoping Plaz might forgive me for not using his idea when he finds out Six is here. :P

As long as you're ok with whatever creepy stalker-y thing he's about to post.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#14 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

*Enters, and promptly throws an arm around Six's shoulders; expect to see her at my side whenever I post in this bar*

Tricia Helfer is pretty great and all, but Brett knows better than anyone that my dream women are all from video games, and therefore don't even exist. Barring fictional characters though, Helfer is probably the sexiest living thing alive.
Posted Image

#15 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

*just walks in. . .that's it. . .just walks in*

Hey Apoca, where's the cow? And the Kraken? Posted Image

I hope the Hot Tuckers are as good here as they were in Paris.

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#16 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:49 PM

I'm gonna be boring...

I had a shocker of an afternoon yesterday, so I'm glad there is a happy place to come to...

I'll put a Hot Tucker on ice. I may be back later.

Well done, ee...

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#17 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:53 PM

I figured I would throw a few screenshots up.
Here is a front view of the USS Minnesota, a light cruiser class vessel.

Posted Image

here is the Minnesota cruising around the rings of a gas giant (And yes, all planets are to scale, which for those of you who played Legacy at all, is a huge relief)

Posted Image

And here is a lowish quality one of a fleet action battle. You can't really tell it too well without the GUI (I still am having problems getting GUI to show in screenshot), but it was basically 12 federation ships vs 8 or 9 Klingon cruisers. Was pure epic mayhem.

Posted Image

#18 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 05:37 PM

Raptor stops talking "Frensch", walks in with his Red Mounted Police uniform and produces a sound that is supposed to be Canadian English. He hopes that EE understands him.

#19 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:12 PM

Hey Apoca, where's the cow? And the Kraken? Posted Image

The Kraken, mythologically speaking, is a Norse beast. That, and I am not Poseidon.

*lightning bolt*
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#20 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:14 PM

Nice pics Fasty. :thumbsup: Did you choose the registry number? I was wondering what class of ship the USS Minnesota is? I guess the game has it's own classes as well as the ones in Star Trek? :err:
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users