1008 replies to this topic

#1001 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:56 PM

eww ice cream :P
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#1002 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:22 PM

eww ice cream :P

so ice cream is 'eww' and smoking is 'cool'

thats just wrong, dude. :P

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#1003 Shodar

Shodar

Will Call Back Later

• Members
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:29 PM

ice cream rules. There's some in my freezer, taunting me.

Oh, and apparently (after reading VFs and Terrilyn's posts in that other thread), I am the most hated of the hated that hang out in this thread. I guess I wasn't imagining it when my posts got ignored everywhere else on the forum. And I'm the bully. Oh well.

I finally learned to play risk yesterday :) Good game
Visit these links (and others that the forum won't let me post):
Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF

#1004 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:34 PM

ice cream rules. There's some in my freezer, taunting me.

Oh, and apparently (after reading VFs and Terrilyn's posts in that other thread), I am the most hated of the hated that hang out in this thread. I guess I wasn't imagining it when my posts got ignored everywhere else on the forum. And I'm the bully. Oh well.

I finally learned to play risk yesterday :) Good game

i used to play risk a lot with my uncle as a kid. I wasn't that good. I could almost never beat him or my brother (though my brother always went with an austrialian strong hold, the cheep-o.) Then I went to college and I had to refuse to play with anyone when ever they set up a game... I'm not that good. They... they sucked monkey balls. They had no concept of even the basic stratagies. So I don't play risk.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#1005 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:02 PM

i would prefer to have neither, honestly :P
all poems...

#1006 Shodar

Shodar

Will Call Back Later

• Members
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:06 PM

i used to play risk a lot with my uncle as a kid. I wasn't that good. I could almost never beat him or my brother (though my brother always went with an austrialian strong hold, the cheep-o.) Then I went to college and I had to refuse to play with anyone when ever they set up a game... I'm not that good. They... they sucked monkey balls. They had no concept of even the basic stratagies. So I don't play risk.

Oh, I'm definitely not good at it. I don't understand why one would play risk without doing some halfway decent strategising, though. It's the whole point of the game!
Visit these links (and others that the forum won't let me post):
Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF

#1007 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 02:12 PM

blegh i have to go back to work. but i get to meet a new client for the first time today, so yay!
all poems...

#1008 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

Smoking isn't cool, it looks cool. Well, on certain people. It's like an accessory that will kill you twenty years early.

From personal experience, Australia is a double-edged sword. I've seen someone hold Australia and nothing else for an entire game and then sweep out into Asia and win. I've also seen Australia attacked early in the game and utterly destroyed. Really, once they get past the first island (Indonesia or whatever it is) you're phloxed.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#1009 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,613 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

CLANG!
http://www.trekunite...showtopic=19683
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users