Photo

Star Trek Online Players?

49 replies to this topic

#1 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:01 AM

Well, Star Trek Online officially comes out in 6 days. I was wondering how many of you out there will be getting it. I'll throw my character information up here once I start playing, I'd love to form a TU fleet with y'all.
:D
Keep updated on this, I insist.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 christrekkie

christrekkie

Trek to Troops Coordinator

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

I preordered, before I knew that I would get a Open Beta Key from Game Stop since I Preordered the Delux edtion. I also won a Key from Roddenberry.com so I have been playing during the Open Beta. I must say the game is GREAT!! I do highly recommend it. I also started a website in the hopes when the game is released to have a Fleet/Clan site. www.prometheusfleet.com I am working on the site to get it updated and include some Screen Shots I took during the Beta. My Username on there game will be O'Rilley@prometheusfleetco so hopfuly I will be able to start the player with that name again. While playing I did make it to the Rank of LT Commander. You first start off as a Ensign and you get basicaly a Battle Field Promotion of Acting Captain of a ship though your still a Ensign. Once you get up some levels you get the promotion to LT, then onces you make it to Level 11 you are a LT Commander and you can choose a new Class of Ships Teir 2 ships. There are several teirs once you make Commander which is about Level 21 you can go to Teir 3 then Captain at about Level 31 Tier 4 and so on.

See you on STO (Star Trek Online)

Chris

Well, Star Trek Online officially comes out in 6 days. I was wondering how many of you out there will be getting it. I'll throw my character information up here once I start playing, I'd love to form a TU fleet with y'all.
Posted Image
Keep updated on this, I insist.

Christopher Mulroonye
Founder/President
Trek to the Troops

US Army Veteran
www.trektothetroops.org
www.christophermulrooney.com

#3 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

Alright! :D Hope to see you on there. I'm getting more and more excited as the hour grows nearer to one I can start cruising around the quadrant.

#4 christrekkie

christrekkie

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 02:12 AM

I just signed up and paid for the lifetime membership 239.00 for life, never ever have to pay a fee, again for it :)

It's a option they created for those who preordered the game. It will pay for itself in a couple of years having it and I am guessing.

Maybe in the process I can create an addional Charactor and with the permission of other TU Members I can do a Fleet with the TU Logo on it how would that sound? WE can call it The United Fleet (TU) cause it would be kinda funky to have a fleet called Trek United on Star Trek Online? or something or it can be a Fleet but a Fan Fleet for Trek United Members. so we can considered naming it Trek United Fleet.

Comments?
Christopher Mulroonye
Founder/President
Trek to the Troops

US Army Veteran
www.trektothetroops.org

#5 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:18 AM

Yeah I was thinking of making a TU fleet myself. Dunno how many members here will be playing the game itself though so...it remains to be seen I guess.

#6 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:25 AM

Hey guys, maybe you can help me out.

I'm wanting to order the game (and soon; really soon). Before I do order it, I want to make things clear; so, you order the box set thing, and get 30 days of playing it for free. After that, you have to have a subscription of some sort; you know, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, lifetime, etc... So you just pay that monthly fee, and you're all set.

At least, that's what I got from reading the site.

If someone could respond ASAP, that'd be awesome; I want to pre-order it in time.
Unless life gives you water and sugar as well, your lemonade is going to suck.

Love Should Not Divide

#7 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:37 AM

I don't usually play any online games like this... but I'm interested in trying it. Hopefully I'll be able to scrounge up the money soon, but I'm not counting on it. :(

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#8 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:29 AM

I may buy it if I too have the money. Though no guarantees I won't be Klingon.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#9 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:51 PM

I was thinking about being Klingon if I bought the game... but we'll see if I buy the game first. Lol.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#10 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:51 PM

Hey guys, maybe you can help me out.

I'm wanting to order the game (and soon; really soon). Before I do order it, I want to make things clear; so, you order the box set thing, and get 30 days of playing it for free. After that, you have to have a subscription of some sort; you know, 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, lifetime, etc... So you just pay that monthly fee, and you're all set.

At least, that's what I got from reading the site.

If someone could respond ASAP, that'd be awesome; I want to pre-order it in time.

Yeah, thats exactly correct. The game comes with one month free. After that, you have to buy more time. I'm guessing you can either do a recurring paid subscription through the cryptic site, otherwise I'm fairly certain you'll be able to buy timecards at stores, like gamestop, target, walmart, etc.
However, I don't think you have to order the boxset. Any copy of teh game will do, so the 50 dollar version or the deluxe versions will give you a free month.

Edited by fastillion, 28 January 2010 - 05:52 PM.

#11 Disconnected Drone

Disconnected Drone

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

Mmmmmmm thanks fastillion. I probably won't pre-order it (and I was so looking forward to the Borg Bridge officer...) but I might buy it eventually. :rolleyes:
Unless life gives you water and sugar as well, your lemonade is going to suck.

Love Should Not Divide

#12 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 12:09 AM

Cool beans, hope you do. :D Would be fun to see some of the ten forward gang on there. Might even shell out and set up a ventrillo server for us.

#13 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:48 AM

Well I preordered the game 13 hours ago. Still no key from gamestop, so I'm thinking I'll call them this morning. I have, however, thought of a ship name (USS Minnesota, and don't any of you steal it or imma be upset), and I'm working on a character name as well.
The excitement is mounting, thats for sure.

#14 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:59 PM

Alright, well I'm making a fleet on STO now, named The 7th fleet.
My username is fastillion, character is Wade William Corkley, and my ship is the USS Minnesota.
Look me up guys, I'd love to do some grouping.

#15 Sevens

Sevens

Ambassador of Awesome

• Members
  • 12,173 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:48 PM

Do you have to pay for a subscription to play? Like in WoW? Cuz that's going to be a major dealbreaker for me...

Proud member of the Men's Auxiliary of S.A.N.I.T.Y.

#16 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:59 PM

You do indeed.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#17 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

Yeah you do. Here is link to page for it:
http://www.startreko...e.com/subscribe

#18 Sevens

Sevens

Ambassador of Awesome

• Members
  • 12,173 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:44 PM

Yeah you do. Here is link to page for it:
http://www.startreko...e.com/subscribe

ugh, no thanks! that is so expensive!!

thanks for the link though

Proud member of the Men's Auxiliary of S.A.N.I.T.Y.

#19 christrekkie

christrekkie

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:36 PM

Update my charactor name is O'Rilley@prometheusfleetco thats how your find me in the game. I created Prometheus Fleet ingame and now up to 11 members. our website still needs some work I have to drag myself out of the game for a bit to work on the site. lol I am at rank LT Commander 4.

See you in the game send me a ingame IM or message if you go on and join the game.

Chris

I don't usually play any online games like this... but I'm interested in trying it. Hopefully I'll be able to scrounge up the money soon, but I'm not counting on it. Posted Image

It's a great game I am playing as O'Rilley@prometheusfleetco your see me on there, I am currently a Full LT at Level 8 working on making my LT Commander rank soon, Current ship is the USS-Trektothetroops of course since I am the President of Trek to the Troops I might as well call is Trektothetroops-1 or something like that, just kidding, but by the way Trek to the Troops has been incoperated as a Non Profit in California and I am working on getting it 501c3 really soon.

Chris

Edited by christrekkie, 09 February 2010 - 12:36 PM.

Christopher Mulroonye
Founder/President
Trek to the Troops

US Army Veteran
www.trektothetroops.org

#20 Hans

Hans

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:04 AM

I was advised I should come back here to the forum and look for other players! I'm just a casual player playing when I have time off from other stuff, but if someone wants me in their fleet that would be fun! :) I can be found at Oozz@Hassehans if you're looking for me.

I also have a buddy key if someone is interested in trying out the game for free for 5 days. Let me know! :)

(I've been away from these forums way too long... :) )
=/\= Hans out

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users