Star Trek Online Players?

49 replies to this topic

#21 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:45 PM

I would certainly like that key. But, I have already played, and I have a friend who would let me play every now and then on his account, so if someone else asks for it, let them have it. I would just like to try out the world at length to see if it's something I'm truly interested in (and to have opportunities to play outside of fasty saying "I'm not playing right now, you can go ahead and play the character you will never see again once you get the game yourself").

Also, side note: do you know if the character(s) you create in that trial stay on your account if/when you purchase the game?

Edited by Apocalypse, 13 February 2010 - 12:46 PM.

Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#22 Hans

Hans

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:51 PM

I would certainly like that key. But, I have already played, and I have a friend who would let me play every now and then on his account, so if someone else asks for it, let them have it. I would just like to try out the world at length to see if it's something I'm truly interested in (and to have opportunities to play outside of fasty saying "I'm not playing right now, you can go ahead and play the character you will never see again once you get the game yourself").

Also, side note: do you know if the character(s) you create in that trial stay on your account if/when you purchase the game?

I think that you can continue your character, it's a bit unclear in the email I got from Cryptic, but it said "After five days, your buddy will need to purchase a retail copy of Star Trek Online (and apply a retail key to his or her account) to continue playing.", so I would think that you should be able to continue playing, would be weird otherwise! :)
=/\= Hans out

#23 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

Okay so I know TL and her hubs play, who else from here besides her and Hans are playing? Reason I ask is if we have enough playing we could set up our fleet on IFT's DB and assign a CO and XO for RP purposes.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#24 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

I play, although infrequently due to my lifestyle. My time in game should pick up quite a bit this week though, trying to cut down on drivin around and phlox

#25 StarFleetIntel

StarFleetIntel

FOX News Contributor

• Members
  • 5,447 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:14 AM

This game is great...server is down right now, though...

#26 Hans

Hans

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:10 AM

Okay so I know TL and her hubs play, who else from here besides her and Hans are playing? Reason I ask is if we have enough playing we could set up our fleet on IFT's DB and assign a CO and XO for RP purposes.

There are so many abbreviations in your post I don't get. In fact any except for DB... :P

I'm already a member of a fleet (Unrepentant), not sure if it is possible to be a member of more than one?

But look me up online and add me as a friend or whatever, my handle is @Hassehans.
=/\= Hans out

#27 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:39 AM

Yeah, I read this thread randomly.

There are so many abbreviations in your post I don't get. In fact any except for DB... :P

Pretty sure IFT and DB are in-game stuff. The other three are actual things.
CO - Commanding Officer
XO - Executive Officer (second-in-command)
RP - role-playing. Hence why it's called an RPG, a role-playing game.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#28 Hans

Hans

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:59 AM

Yeah, I read this thread randomly.

Pretty sure IFT and DB are in-game stuff. The other three are actual things.
CO - Commanding Officer
XO - Executive Officer (second-in-command)
RP - role-playing. Hence why it's called an RPG, a role-playing game.

Great! Thanks for the clarification! ;) I don't know why, RP for me is "report post" in forums...
=/\= Hans out

#29 Jacket

Jacket

Commander

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Location:Shepshed, England, United Kingdom, Earth, Sol System, Sector 001, Alpha Quadrant

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:56 AM

i dont know whether this has already been asked but does anyone know if you get a free months subscription with STO in the box or when you register it when you buy the game?

Edited by Jacket, 05 May 2010 - 06:56 AM.

'beam me up, scotty, her husband's coming!'

Posted Image

#30 Hans

Hans

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:33 AM

i dont know whether this has already been asked but does anyone know if you get a free months subscription with STO in the box or when you register it when you buy the game?

Yeah, 30 days of game time should be included. You still have to supply a credit card though, but you won't be charged until the first free days expire.

There could be some online specials with extra game time involved as well, so make sure to check it out! :) Oh, and this weekend coming up is free play, so you can download the client and play free for the weekend I think. There seems to be some debate whether this is applicable to new and old players, or just the old ones that has an expired subscription. But make sure to check it out!
=/\= Hans out

#31 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:34 PM

I apologize for not seeing this thread until now. I've been playing STO since Open Beta. I would love to meet others from TU there! I currently have 4 toons (and scarily - 23 more open slots).

You can find my characters and their levels:

Beth Riker@TerilynnS (Cpt 8)
Cassidy Riker@TerilynnS (Cmd 2)
Bill Riker@TerilynnS (LtC1)
Tristan McGregor@TerilynnS (Cmd 2)

My hubby doesn't play yet (he's got a Mac). Again - feel free to add me as a friend and just remind me you're w/TU!

#32 Hans

Hans

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:52 AM

I apologize for not seeing this thread until now. I've been playing STO since Open Beta. I would love to meet others from TU there! I currently have 4 toons (and scarily - 23 more open slots).

You can find my characters and their levels:

Beth Riker@TerilynnS (Cpt 8)
Cassidy Riker@TerilynnS (Cmd 2)
Bill Riker@TerilynnS (LtC1)
Tristan McGregor@TerilynnS (Cmd 2)

My hubby doesn't play yet (he's got a Mac). Again - feel free to add me as a friend and just remind me you're w/TU!

Cool! I'll look you up next time I come online!
=/\= Hans out

#33 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:43 PM

Cool! I'll look you up next time I come online!

yay!

#34 Hans

Hans

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:10 AM

So everyone!

The free trial is on this weekend! Don't miss it!

And if you decide to sign up let me know as I have a few referal codes I could email you and we'd both get some perks in game! ;)
=/\= Hans out

#35 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:14 AM

Hans - I know! I want that refit Galaxy too!!!! :whistle:

Come play everyone -

oh - I have another new character: Toni Steele@TerilynnS

#36 Hans

Hans

Rear Admiral

• Members
  • 877 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

Hans - I know! I want that refit Galaxy too!!!! :whistle:

Come play everyone -

oh - I have another new character: Toni Steele@TerilynnS

Haha... :D Damn! ;) Well, there are only the two of us here it seems anyway! :P
=/\= Hans out

#37 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

My blog - the last two posts of which are about Star Trek Online.

They contain bad words. Be warned. :)

http://blackbootedbl...r.blogspot.com/

#38 Eris

Eris

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:43 AM

I played Star Trek Online since the open beta, and a week ago, I decided to stop playing once and for all, at least until there is some major bugfixing and new cuntent that actually feels like Star Trek and not just like shoot-em-up in a row. Sorry, butt Cryptic really failed at STO so far, I hope they can save some of the major mistakes. If not, it's good bye STO for me ... a pity because I actually had bought a lifetime sub in January 2010. :(

#39 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:29 PM

That's a shame Eris. Personally, I've been loving the new diplomatic missions. It's been a great break from the war stuff. I do hope to see you in game in the future, if you decide to come back. I understand how you feel though. It's very hard to make a MMO without battle as a focus, I think.

In any event. I joined a fleet - one that I really like. It's very active and they just celebrated their 7th anniversary. (They started off as a guild in Star Wars, then went to Wow - and left WoW for STO when it began. I can see where STO is a MUCH better fit for these guys. Here's screen caps from tonight's party.

Beth in her "less than formal" fleet uniform:

Posted Image

Beth in her more "formal" fleet uniform:

Posted Image

Party in Ten Forward!

Posted Image

Get in your casual wear and dance on the poker table! w00t!

Posted Image

#40 Eris

Eris

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,734 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 02:45 PM

Cute screenies there, Terilynn! :) About the diplomeowtic stuff ... it's bugged as well! Choose a diplo mission from Ambassador Thin-Eyes and you'll get a fight mission without DXP reward! That's what I mean ... and for the last two days, European players cumplained a lot about lag due to a failed relay in Amsterdamn (Holland). So, while I was gone, nuffin has gotten better and that's not really encouraging me to come back at all. Heck, even the first mission is bugged. You can't get the accolade for cumpleting all three purrtial tasks.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users