how to post pictures?

4 replies to this topic

#1 mykala

mykala

Petty Officer 2nd Class

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:03 AM

Ok, I am an active member of the thread "How cute is Connor Trinneer/Trip Tucker" and we like posting pictures a lot.....since months, I couldn't come back as my original username Diama56, so I had to come back as Mykala, but it sucks to not be able to use my original ID anymore....but the worst is I have to use ImageShack to post some pics in here, instead of simply doing the copy/paste thing I can do on another websites.....WHY THAT?????

and since today, I am not able to post pics anymore even through ImageShack...I had to register again, and even I I try to use the usual way I used to do (the "insert image"icon, the cut the "http://" to be able to add the link of my picture : for example: I get a "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board." message.

see? you just see the image URL, not the picture itself....so how the heck can I make it work....or is there something else I can do more simple to post some pictures? I tried to post a complain to some web administrator of this site months ago, but didn't get any answer...so if anyone of you have an idea.....? It would be so appreciated...

Thanks guy

Diama56

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:03 PM

mykala/Diama56, this seems like a job for TOM...

I use photobucket and I use the "IMG" url thingie when I post a picture. Hope that helps...a little.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#3 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

I use photobucket as well.

But for the heck of it I'll try the copy paste from a random online pictures properties and see what happens here.

Posted Image

Seems to work, are you using the button next to insert link, that one is for inserting images?

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#4 John Doe

John Doe

Commodore

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:55 PM

Imageshack works fine, I use it sometimes to post pictures here and never had a single problem.

But from what mykala says,

and since today, I am not able to post pics anymore

Does that mean that you could post pictures any day before today?

Edited by John Doe, 11 January 2010 - 04:55 PM.

Without trying to sound egotistical... (...) I have my own ideas and aspirations which were countlessly shot down in the past. I've no interest in being in that position again.

#5 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:42 PM

I couldn't come back as my original username Diama56, so I had to come back as Mykala,
Diama56

Also, isn't this probably the thing that happened to a lot of people when the new forum went up??? It can probably be easily solved...
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users