The Twelve Trek Days of Christmas, 2009

61 replies to this topic

#61 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:51 PM

Well, Maybe 12th Night can be the ENTIRE Christmas celebration for Christmas 2010!

LOL No. The problem this year has been that I did the majority of the material myself and I am notoriously unreliable! The idea behind The Twelve Trek Days of Christmas has always been that it should be a group project to showcase the work of others and that I should provide the backup material. In past years I have had some great submissions - Despatches From The Romulan War, Aric's TNG comic, TWERP's annual Trekcast.

In 2008 I burned myself out trying to get others involved, like sending out over three hundred emails to prospective sources of fan fiction and only getting a handful of replies. So last Christmas I found myself at Christmas and only a couple of takers. Should I just let it go? My kids want me to. They reckon I should move on if there is no support but I'm just too stubborn. I believe that the work that fan producers do is unique and should be celebrated - this is my way of doing that. If I end up doing it myself then >shrugs< I can't expect others to commit to something that I am not 100% behind myself.

There WILL be a Twelve Trek Days of Christmas 2010 - I'm looking for contributors already. How about you, Barb? You'd be a perfect candidate for handling Day 5: Fan Films!

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#62 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:01 PM

There WILL be a Twelve Trek Days of Christmas 2010 - I'm looking for contributors already. How about you, Barb? You'd be a perfect candidate for handling Day 5: Fan Films!

K

I'm not saying no... I usually just skip Christmas (being a Jew and all) and I have to see where the Cancer stands. If it's where it is now... dormant or gone... and no other really ugly problem has raised it's miserable head, I'm guessing I'll say yes.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users