HI. I'm New to Trek United.

27 replies to this topic

#1 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:29 PM

Hi, I'm new to Trek United. I'm going to skip the long story about how I came here, though, and say that my primary interest is in Star Trek Fan Films. I have created an indexing and reviewing website for Star Trek Fan Films, which I call Star Trek Reviewed. I have moved those films which I know to have adult content to another website, Star Trek Restricted, which is flagged for Adults. However, I have not looked at every film I have linked to, so I'm not clear that under the rules of this website, I'm permitted to share a link to my website. Star Trek Reviewed has its devotees, who say it is their source for 'fresh Trek'. Some of them sometimes flag me about content issues, since, for the moment, I am still devoting more time to hunting and classifying Star Trek Fan Films than to watching them. I am also happy to link to other people's reviews, and have links to the Logbook and Fan Film Fridays reviewed organized by Fan Film Production Group rather than by date of publication.

Star Trek Reviewed has links to well over 220, and likely over 300 Star Trek Fan Films. Perhaps your fan film forums will provide leads to more. Projects that have not produced a fan film are listed in a special section. One page features a map which shows where Star Trek Fan Films are being produced, so that people who want to get involved can see what, if any, projects are in their areas. Projects on hold or abandon are in a separate area as well.

Star Trek Reviewed has links from the links pages at Starship Farragut, Of Gods and Men, Star Trek: Intrepid, and many other Fan Film websites. It is also starting to get some links from Fan Club websites, and has been noted and discussed in one article in a non-Trek magazine about Cinema. Unless the moderators tell me it's OK, though, for the moment I will not do what I usually do, place a link in my signature.

So, that's my question. There is no adult content in my website, and I know of no links directly from the website to adult content. However, I may have links of that sort I have not explored. Also, there are links to a second website which is marked as Adults Only, and there are links to adult contents from there. So, would a link to my website be a violation of forum rules?

Thanks.
Posted Image

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

I'm not an admin...but HI!!

Welcome to TU!

Stop by some time when you are not "working" and join the fun!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#3 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:21 AM

Welcome to TU, barbreader. :wave:
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#4 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:41 AM

Welcome to TU! No doubt the admins will get in touch about the appropriateness of links to your website. In the meantime, enjoy the board and the fan films section.

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#5 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:16 PM

Hey barbreader! Glad to see another fan production person! I'm sure that sevnson71 or Tom or Bill will be able to answer your question as to the linky thing...Maybe even Kirok will be able to help - he's our Fan Production guru!

In the meantime - jump in and get to know us! It'll be nice to get to know you too!

#6 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:30 PM

I've been reading the fan film section. I already put my two cents in to a guy who is apparently living in a SNL universe in which Trek fans all live in their mother's basements (tough on us whose mom's are dead...) This guy has never made a movie, doesn't have an idea about what he wants to do, but thinks he's going to lead a Star Trek fan film production group. He clearly hadn't a clue that many Star Trek Fan Films are run by entertainment industry pros who worked on Pro Trek in the past, and have multiple screen, stage, and music credits to their names.
Posted Image

#7 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,646 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:53 PM

Welcome to trek united. Writed posts but dont about rules forum.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#8 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:55 PM

Very interesting sine I just noticed that James Cawley from Star Trek New Voyages had a part in the new Star Trek movie.

I guess I was out of the loop. But then again...what else is new. I don't think the majority of folks here are naive to the normal-ness of the fandom, but you know...some folks are the stereotype. Huh?? I think I'm having this same conversation about a different topic in Ten Forward?

Have look around the rest of the board...maybe dive into the Countdown...they like newbies there!!

:rolleyes:

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#9 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:56 PM

Hey barbreader! Glad to see another fan production person! I'm sure that sevnson71 or Tom or Bill will be able to answer your question as to the linky thing...Maybe even Kirok will be able to help - he's our Fan Production guru!

In the meantime - jump in and get to know us! It'll be nice to get to know you too!

Kirok and I are already acquainted from just about the very beginning of my website. He was one of the first to offer some useful criticism. I wanted to get it to the point it was actually worth the time to learn to use before I sought links from half of creation. After all, you might see the link 100 times, but you'll probably try the website out just once.

Star Trek Reviewed is still a work in progress. I just added links to every page which loads with information or other materials no matter which page you are on, but the gaget that lets me do that does not let me put in words which are NOT links to explain how the links are organized... so it's not ideal.

Barmisstress, are you a creator, or are you just a fan of fan films like me?

Edited by barbreader, 16 December 2009 - 12:57 PM.

Posted Image

#10 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:08 PM

Very interesting sine I just noticed that James Cawley from Star Trek New Voyages had a part in the new Star Trek movie.

I guess I was out of the loop. But then again...what else is new. I don't think the majority of folks here are naive to the normal-ness of the fandom, but you know...some folks are the stereotype. Huh?? I think I'm having this same conversation about a different topic in Ten Forward?

Have look around the rest of the board...maybe dive into the Countdown...they like newbies there!!

:rolleyes:

I'll work my way around gradually. I just got a message from the producers of Star Trek: Euderion that their German language film is now available with English subtitles, so I posted that at the top of the website. Plus I added a new Fan Film group, AND somebody told me that a "Fan Film" that I wasn't sure was really a fan film wasn't a Fan Film... I haven't adjusted that "Film" down to the Games section where it belongs.

On the 'normal' issue, I'd bet Trek fans have an average IQ more than 10 points above the national average, and make more money than the national average, too. I wouldn't be surprised if Trek fans were better looking, but I've been dealing on the Net, so I really can't speak to that. So, I'm not claiming I think Trek fans are normal. I wouldn't want to hang out with Trek fans if they were normal!
Posted Image

#11 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:15 PM

Well..according to IQ.Com...I'm a frickin' genius....so...there you go. (Hey...THEY said it...not me!)

But, sorry...I bring the economic bracket way down.

#12 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:18 PM

Barmisstress, are you a creator, or are you just a fan of fan films like me?

I'm a fan of the films (everything from STOGAM to Osiris) and I'm a ficcer. I have dabbled in voice over for audio books (which I really like) but not films. I'm glad you know Kirok. He's been very helpful with my own stuff and because of him, I believe my work has improved exponentially over the past 3 years.

#13 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:56 PM

Hey Barb! Cool seeing you here also i guess your finding all my sites LOL.

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

Associate Producer of Star Trek: Renegades, Coming soon!!

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

#14 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:14 PM

Hey Barb! Cool seeing you here also i guess your finding all my sites LOL.

Yes, slowly. At this rate, I'll find all of them if I live to be 120. But there is the small matter of my question, Fleetlord. Is my website, Star Trek Reviewed, a violation of your rules about links, or can I put it into my signature?

And you know that, if it's not a violation, I'll be chasing you down about a link from your links page here, next. By the way, this website is not on my page of Trek Websites with broad Trek topics or discussion, (Blog 249). Usually, I just link, but there is the small matter of my question...

I'm a fan of the films (everything from STOGAM to Osiris) and I'm a ficcer. I have dabbled in voice over for audio books (which I really like) but not films. I'm glad you know Kirok. He's been very helpful with my own stuff and because of him, I believe my work has improved exponentially over the past 3 years.

I don't know what a ficcer is, but it sounds to me like you are a voice actor in Audio Trek. I just started listening to some Audio Trek in the last two weeks.

Edited by barbreader, 16 December 2009 - 10:12 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

Yes, slowly. At this rate, I'll find all of them if I live to be 120. But there is the small matter of my question, Fleetlord. Is my website, Star Trek Reviewed, a violation of your rules about links, or can I put it into my signature?

And you know that, if it's not a violation, I'll be chasing you down about a link from your links page here, next. By the way, this website is not on my page of Trek Websites with broad Trek topics or discussion, (Blog 249). Usually, I just link, but there is the small matter of my question...

I don't know what a ficcer is, but it sounds to me like you are a voice actor in Audio Trek. I just started listening to some Audio Trek in the last two weeks.

You can link to your site with text or a Banner, I will alow it. I't not against the rules. I only get on spammers case who post links for monetary purposes. Your fine because your a fellow trek site made for the benefit fans. Currently TU is only a forum, we will do another main site and that will have a links section and I can put you banner in when that time comes around, otherwise i would have done it when I did the stogam sites. Sometimes I wish I could clone myself to get all this work done, I have to redo galactica.com main site also, right now I have a ton of stuff going on at Renegade Studios including doing a site new convention and some productons.

Since you on a Trek site tour, please visit my freinds at TrekCore.com, I helped start that site back in 2005 and since then they have grow into the #1 site for all Star Trek images, screencaps, other media.

Cheers!

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

Associate Producer of Star Trek: Renegades, Coming soon!!

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

#16 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:56 AM

Both this website and TrekCore are already linked on my website under "broad" Trek websites, vis:
http://startrekrevie...009/06/249.html . I visited it, but I just didn't interact there. Time, time...

(There is a separate section for specialty websites, like the one devoted to Gold Key Star Trek Comics.)

Thanks for the OK. I just succeeding in doing something I never did before... I put a banner in my signature, AND IT WORKS AS A LINK!! You learn something new every day. Yes, that's the one banner no one else likes. I may pick one of my other two banners eventually, but for the moment, it's Saturn from Cassini!

You can link to your site with text or a Banner, I will alow it. I't not against the rules. I only get on spammers case who post links for monetary purposes. Your fine because your a fellow trek site made for the benefit fans. Currently TU is only a forum, we will do another main site and that will have a links section and I can put you banner in when that time comes around, otherwise i would have done it when I did the stogam sites. Sometimes I wish I could clone myself to get all this work done, I have to redo galactica.com main site also, right now I have a ton of stuff going on at Renegade Studios including doing a site new convention and some productons.

Since you on a Trek site tour, please visit my freinds at TrekCore.com, I helped start that site back in 2005 and since then they have grow into the #1 site for all Star Trek images, screencaps, other media.

Cheers!

Edited by barbreader, 17 December 2009 - 05:53 AM.

Posted Image

#17 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:20 AM

Welcome to TU Barbreader!

I know your busy with your site , but when you can, please start topics regarding whatever fan news you wish to share.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#18 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:11 AM

Welcome to TU Barbreader!

I know your busy with your site , but when you can, please start topics regarding whatever fan news you wish to share.

There is a news section on my website, and while I may chose to repost an item from time to time on some boards, I don't want the responsibility of posting Fan Film news on every Star Trek Website or BB I visit.

I did post ST: Euderion's new English subtitles on Intrepid's board, which I treat like a 'home' board. That is the board I am most likely to post new finds on, although usually when I can't figure out what they are, and am asking for help. In the case of Euderion, I also posted it on Phase II's boards, because they have a large German following. A simple visit to my website every three weeks will give you all the news for the prior month (every four weeks should do it to, but a day could slip, I could remove something a day early... so I'm saying every three weeks). I leave news items up for a month. Headline News includes releases of new episodes, English dubbed or subtitled versions of foreign language Star Trek Fan Films, major website revisions, and discoveries of what I consider 'major' fan films... films which tell a whole story and are not less than ten minutes in length, and the posting or location of fan films known to exist but not previously available to view or buy on the web (Chains of Betrayal comes to mind). I have leads on hundreds more shorts and parodies not yet up on my website, and when they get their links and placement, they will not be in the Headline News section, unless they turn out to be major film groups, not shorts. I may mention in a Headline as a lower item that many films have been added to Parodies, or One Shot Shorts when I've added five or six items to those Sections.

I hope to get around to placing the major parody groups into separate pages leaving only one-shots and short parodies in the Parody section, but I haven't done that yet. When I discovered, for example, Star Trek: A Final Unity, a six part Machinima production in which each part is not less than 45 nor longer than 60 minutes long, even though it may have been sitting on the internet for months or years, that's news to me, and I put it up there. When I find a 2 minute Lego film, I don't put it up there. I didn't make the discovery of Star Trek: Roddenbery a headline because it was Part I of a multi-part arc, and I don't know if the arc was ever completed, and if so, where one might watch anything but Part I. It is inappropriately placed under "One shot shorts." I know it doesn't belong there, but I have what is an unlikely hope that some day I'll find the guys who produced it and get a clearer story of what happened to the rest of that story.

What I'm saying is, when I started the website I thought I'd list, tops, 60 or 70 films, that would be all of them, and then I'd go on with other things, updating it once or twice a month with a new film. I haven't counted recently, but I have good reason to believe the number is over 300, (it was over 200 at last count, a while ago) and I know for sure that there's still a lot more out there, because I've found websites full of Trek parodies and shorts I don't have listed. I am trying to alert people that Star Trek Reviewed exists, but the complex discoveries I keep making of more and more films, or other things that looks like films (games) or other Trek that has film trailers (audio or prose Trek) cannot be repeated on the tens of BBs I have also located and said hello on. It's just more than I can do without deserting my primary goal, creating a website with all that information organized, not by date of release, but by producer and approximate time line placement in the Star Trek timeline.

Sorry if I've overreacted. But the purpose of the links to Star Trek Reviewed is precisely to make my findings available. I am working to give out the news ONCE that the website exists, rather than to spread every news item each time I have one.
Posted Image

#19 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

Barbara - wonderful blog site and I'm following it now! So glad to have you here when you can! Your site is a great resource.

As far as "ficcing" I write actual fan fiction - novels and short stories - in the Trek universe. I haven't had the opportunity to get involved in the films (mainly due to the fact that I live in an area where they're not being actively produced) yet, but one day I hope to help out when/where I can. I have quite a few friends/acquaintances who produce them and I'm always inspired by their passion for the genre.

Once again - glad to have met you.

#20 barbreader

barbreader

Captain

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

I'm delighted to meet you, too, Terilynn! If there is a website with your fiction, I'd like to include it in my website, too. This is where it would go: http://startrekrevie...009/06/246.html, with a link, but no review, unless somebody else did a review... I'll link to other people's reviews. Please let me know.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users