• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1000 replies to this topic

#1 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:42 PM

OK. Let's open our brand new bar in Paris, being "Café de Paris" - pronounce caf-fee the pa-ri. Raptor choose a special type of bar : a guinguette (http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Guinguette) or a popular type of bar on the riverside (alongside the Seine or Marne) where people dance or listen to French songs ("Chanson"), drink and/or eat. The Café Chantant or Singing Bar is very typical french indeed.
Popular drinks are whines as Bordeaux, Côtes du Rhone, Beaujolais and more stronger drinks as Cognac, Pernod, Ricard, Pastis, Cointreau or Calvados. Our Pink Thing will produce Petit Café (small cup with very strong coffee), Grand Café (big cup) or Café au Lait (half milk/half coffee). We serve good food, which contains in many cases unions or garlic. And let's not forget the fresh salads.
And we listen to the famous French songs or "Chanson" of big artists as Brel, Brassens, Nougarou, Aznavour, Trenet, Piaf, Sardou, Gainsbourg...
Ve, tze Frensch, speak a bit Ingliesh, but vith a strongck accent, tzat sounds very vunny. And ve have mutzch vun in our barz. And tze peeple of Tzen Vorvard know tze Frensch langu-itz-ch very vell tzoo. Evidemment. Indeed.
Et maintenant, now, notre cher madame Terillyne, vill open tze dance vith tze famoous zpike zheeled bootz.
Vîve la Fête - Long live the Party.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:19 PM

Now that the Halloween bar has been abandoned, I have had to get a new avatar. Bye, Death.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#3 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:26 PM

*waltzes into said bar* Woah, eet lukes frensh tuh moi.

Pink2! American Coffee - cream, spenda. And maybe one of those pastries that look so pretty.

Where's the trombone??? and the Juke Box!!! Man, everything's all switched around.

Never been to France. This might be interesting. And, I've never been to Spain, but I kinda like the music..... Posted Image
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#4 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:34 PM

I don't like that song.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#5 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:43 PM

Me neither, which may be why I thought of it. Shouldn't we try to finish out the old bar? I feel weird being in two places at the same time..... Posted Image
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#6 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:29 PM

As far as I'm concerned the old bar is finished. New one's here, all that's left is for the old one to be officially closed. Rest assured I am only in one place.
-The Tick

#7 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

Puts a few French songs on Juke-Box
Charles Trenet http://www.youtube.c...8CY&feature=fvw
Jo Lemaire http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

And the most erotic French song of all times Je t'aime/moi non plus (I love you/me neigher) of Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Correct translation : I love you/me neither

#8 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

*Sits down at the new bar.* Bonjour, all! I will have some baguette and a glass of Chateau Picard.

Hey, since we're on the subject of France, anyone here ever read the Asterix comics? I used to love them when I was younger. They were just hilarious.

#9 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:44 PM

Ah, tze Canadien from Tzoronto. C'est loin de Québec/It's faraway from Québec...
The long "sausage bread" baguette is coming...

You know the comic Asterix and Obélix ? Famous in Europe. Strange guys these Romans...

#10 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:50 PM

Puts a few French songs on Juke-Box
Charles Trenet http://www.youtube.c...8CY&feature=fvw
Jo Lemaire http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

And the most erotic French song of all times Je t'aime/moi non plus (I love you/me neigher) of Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg
http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Correct translation : I love you/me neither

Raptor, mon ami, you've done a lovely job.

I almost posted a Trenet link the other day. Posted Image

Glad to see the new place still serves up Virgin Hot Tuckers. Bartender, lay one on me! Posted Image Posted Image

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#11 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:15 PM

You know the comic Asterix and Obélix ? Famous in Europe. Strange guys these Romans...

"These Romans are crazy."

:D

#12 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:40 PM

OK. Let's open our brand new bar in Paris, being "Café de Paris" - pronounce caf-fee the pa-ri. Raptor choose a special type of bar : a guinguette (http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Guinguette) or a popular type of bar on the riverside (alongside the Seine or Marne) where people dance or listen to French songs ("Chanson"), drink and/or eat. The Café Chantant or Singing Bar is very typical french indeed.
Popular drinks are whines as Bordeaux, Côtes du Rhone, Beaujolais and more stronger drinks as Cognac, Pernod, Ricard, Pastis, Cointreau or Calvados. Our Pink Thing will produce Petit Café (small cup with very strong coffee), Grand Café (big cup) or Café au Lait (half milk/half coffee). We serve good food, which contains in many cases unions or garlic. And let's not forget the fresh salads.
And we listen to the famous French songs or "Chanson" of big artists as Brel, Brassens, Nougarou, Aznavour, Trenet, Piaf, Sardou, Gainsbourg...
Ve, tze Frensch, speak a bit Ingliesh, but vith a strongck accent, tzat sounds very vunny. And ve have mutzch vun in our barz. And tze peeple of Tzen Vorvard know tze Frensch langu-itz-ch very vell tzoo. Evidemment. Indeed.
Et maintenant, now, notre cher madame Terillyne, vill open tze dance vith tze famoous zpike zheeled bootz.
Vîve la Fête - Long live the Party.

Ohhh.,..Paris...*sniff* it kinda smells like Paris..(Inside joke to anyone who has been to Paris.)

C'est vrai, raptor! I would love to have a lovely glass of beaujolais rouge d'Orange...Even though, since it is Hanukkah and all...I should be drinking Manishevits! :innocent: Hey...we are going to go get our pictures taken with Santa tomorrow, so who cares anyway?

Woah. Not sure I could pull that one off without .... *cough* ... help. I have the boot things already though..... and the blank shorty things and the belt. Hmmm....

Ouuuuu, he's cute. I love the feet! I could sooooooooooooo make those feet. Maybe I could find that fuzzy stuff somewhere for the costume. Mask wouldn't be hard. Stars are everywhere. Teeth??? Hmmmm - not sure how to do that..... Must consult internet help sites!!! Cute guy tho. I like.

Well..if you are making the costume for a one use only kinda thing...why not marshmallows/? you could even paint them to make them phlox(*edit* ahem Mr. Censor...I am using the words hard and on to refer to marshmallow's outer surface...) the outside.

Just a thought.

Raptor, mon ami, you've done a lovely job.

I almost posted a Trenet link the other day. Posted Image

Glad to see the new place still serves up Virgin Hot Tuckers. Bartender, lay one on me! Posted Image Posted Image

Now, Allee....this is France...I'm not sure how virginal Tucker could possibly be....:naughty3dg:

I love this new place...

Bonne nuit, mes ami(e)s...je vous adore!!

Edited by trekkin', 11 December 2009 - 11:46 PM.

"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#13 Allee

Allee

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

Now, Allee....this is France...I'm not sure how virginal Tucker could possibly be....Posted Image

Oh darn, I guess if that's the only way I can get 'em here. . . Posted Image

Btw, when you said, "it kinda smells like Paris" I thought you were referring to Tom. Posted Image

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#14 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:57 PM

Oh darn, I guess if that's the only way I can get 'em here. . . Posted Image

Btw, when you said, "it kinda smells like Paris" I thought you were referring to Tom. Posted Image

Zat iz funny!!

I'll take the early seasons Tom...he got a little chunky in the later seasons! ;)

Yeah...they new winkie guy is a bit over the top!! I liked the old one better as well..It kinda looks like it had a stroke or something...

Edited by trekkin', 11 December 2009 - 11:58 PM.

"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#15 Allee

Allee

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:05 AM

Zat iz funny!!

I'll take the early seasons Tom...he got a little chunky in the later seasons! Posted Image

Yeah...they new winkie guy is a bit over the top!! I liked the old one better as well..It kinda looks like it had a stroke or something...

Posted Image

How bout this guy? Posted Image His move is kinda sassy and then he gets stuck in Popeye mode for a few seconds.

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#16 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:05 AM

It is H(chhhhhh)annukah? Must go wish people a happy one.
-The Tick

#17 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 12:30 AM

Okay - that censor thing was toooooooo freaking funny

BONJOUR!! raptor! It's wonderful! Just a perfect place for me to try on my new Bootz that I picked up in the underground....

Oh...forget I said that.

In any event the Riker Boys and YER said they liked them.

#18 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:41 AM

aww raptor, this is lovely. Am I dressed appropriately?

Posted Image

*moves to the bar to sit with ee and Allee*

I'll have a Hot Tucker please bartender... Posted Image

No virgin for me...

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#19 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:54 AM

@ Barbara: As for a plan, there really wasn't a plan. There was what you suggested, which I took under advisement, but given my current state of affairs, I've elected to instead talk to my parents, see if they'll help me move out. They aren't completely unreasonable, and I'd like to stick close to home for the time being.

As for everyone else, I bid you goodnight, as I'm gonna go to sleep before I give my soon to be former boss the finger tomorrow morning and tell him to shove it.

#20 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 09:59 AM

Good morning everyone *worries about fasty*

Coffee. Please Pink2...I still can't seem to rid myself of this frozen shoulder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users