Photo

How long you trekkie?

42 replies to this topic

Poll: VOTE! (29 member(s) have cast votes)

How long you trekkie?

1. 1 year (2 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

2. 4year (2 votes [6.90%])

3. 8year (2 votes [6.90%])

4. 10year (5 votes [17.24%])

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

5. 20year (18 votes [62.07%])

Percentage of vote: 62.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:11 AM

How long you trekkie. And how long you love series "Star Trek". I'm begin watch series "Star Trek" in octaber 2005-ear on TV. In 2008-year buy "Star Trek:The original series" on DVD. In this year i buy "Star Trek:deep space nine" on DVD.

And what talk you friends about "Star Trek". My friend hates series "Star Trek".He does not like PC-games "Star Trek".

You probably have friends who have hatred for the TV series "Star Trek" How your parents relate to your passion for TV series "Star Trek"?

Edited by Martok, 27 November 2009 - 01:11 AM.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:46 AM

I'm an off-and-on Trekkie, that's to say that my interest in the show has varied with the years. I first saw TOS during some reruns in the 1980s, when I was about 12-13 years old. It was the coolest thing I'd seen on TV up until that point and I was hooked. Then I didn't see any Trek until TNG arrived on Finnish TV screens in the early 1990s when I was in my late teens and early 20s. I saw some episodes but not all of them. Then I saw most of the first half of DS9 and VOY when they were broadcast, but for some reason my local network decided to stop broadcasting both shows half-way into the 4th season! (grr!)
My husband and I watched TNG on DVD early this year, concurrently with DS9 on subscribed cable (no ads!) and now we're watching TOS-R on cable and VOY on DVD. We're planning to get DS9 on DVD as well, and maybe ENT if we like it well enough. It's scheduled for cable on the same channel after TOS ends.

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#3 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 10:29 AM

I've been a trekkie most of my life ever since I started watching it with my family when I was little. My parents are also Star Trek fans, so there's not any conflict there or anything. As for my friends, most of them didn't know much of anything about it and they would just roll their eyes whenever I made a Star Trek reference, but they never hated it. After the new movie came out, suddenly a good handful of them wanted to see more, so I had a few of them over and we watched some of my family's DVDs. None of them ever really got into one of the series though.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#4 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:17 AM

Roughly eight years, though it's something of a gray area as to when I exactly became a fan. My parents used to watch Voyager when I was little, and since I didn't like to be left alone, I watched it with them, even though I didn't like it. As the years passed, I developed an interest in the episodes with space battles, and that eventually led to me taking an interest in the characters and plots (although I never got to the point where I loved them). It wasn't until I was about eleven that I started watching TNG reruns and decided they were actually pretty good. The rest, as they say, is history.

#5 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:29 PM

Only 43 years.Posted Image

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#6 John Doe

John Doe

Commodore

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

I consider myself a trekker, not a trekkie. For some people it's the same and it's a pointless and endless discussion, but actually both terms have got very different meaning, and they're described on that movie called "Trekkies".

For how long? It's been 15 years, maybe more.

Edited by John Doe, 27 November 2009 - 06:58 PM.

Without trying to sound egotistical... (...) I have my own ideas and aspirations which were countlessly shot down in the past. I've no interest in being in that position again.

#7 Dahdtoudi

Dahdtoudi

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:14 PM

I've been into Star Trek since birth. My parents watched it, my uncles watched it. Heck, I was raised on Trek!

Edited by Dahdtoudi, 28 November 2009 - 07:16 PM.

#8 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:12 AM

I've been into Star Trek since birth. My parents watched it, my uncles watched it. Heck, I was raised on Trek!

Whoo!! Me too pretty much! My immediate family all watches Trek. Heck, we go to conventions together!

Posted Image

#9 nwalien

nwalien

Commander

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:17 AM

13 years. For me, the world of Star Trek started from ST Voyager and this particular show became for me #1.
Only later, I watched all other series and movies. (I love them too, but they are NOT Voyager).

Edited by nwalien, 29 November 2009 - 12:36 AM.

Live Long And Prosper!
Gyvenk Ilgai Ir Turtingai!
Живи Долго И Богато!

#10 Dahdtoudi

Dahdtoudi

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:12 AM

Whoo!! Me too pretty much! My immediate family all watches Trek. Heck, we go to conventions together!

no way!! thats so cool!! my family doesnt do that :( but for my bday my uncle went one and got me george takei's autographic :)

#11 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:20 AM

no way!! thats so cool!! my family doesnt do that :( but for my bday my uncle went one and got me george takei's autographic :)

Well that's still pretty cool you got his autograph.

Posted Image

#12 Bellzon

Bellzon

Welcomed Star Trek Fan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:31 AM

I got into star trek at a millitary boarding school where there was a bunch of people that locked down the televsision every day about an hour before anything startrek related would begin
BEAM ME UPPPPPP!!!!

#13 Dahdtoudi

Dahdtoudi

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:31 AM

Well that's still pretty cool you got his autograph.

been better if they would hav taken me with *pouts*

#14 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 04:02 PM

Got hooked a long time ago. must be about 40+ years. the first series are still my favorite.
Still have fond memories of watching it on tv with my mum.
It was a familie thing as everyone had to watch with us at that special time of the week.
Still am a fond of star trek and scifi and go to convetions if they are kindoff close by.
"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#15 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:36 AM

My parents hate the TV series "Star Trek". They believe this episode, the bad and not interesting. How do your parents relate to your passion for TV series "Star Trek" We in Russia are not held convention trekkies, as you have in the United States. We do not publish books for the series. Do not sell the DVD with the show. Have to order the most expensive shops. Now you understand what life is like fan of "Star Trek" in Russia.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#16 Irene Brustad

Irene Brustad

Fleet Captain

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:01 AM

I watched a Star Trek-episode for the first time in the late 90's if I remember correctly. It was an episode from TNG where Wesley Chrusher steps on someone's lawn and get's a death sentence... The episode is really awful, but I liked it anyways and started watching TNG regularly. :)

#17 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:25 PM

I consider myself a trekker, not a trekkie. For some people it's the same and it's a pointless and endless discussion, but actually both terms have got very different meaning, and they're described on that movie called "Trekkies".

For how long? It's been 15 years, maybe more.

I am a trekkie...and whatever that movie says...what...ever...I'm too old to differentiate between the rabid fandom and the general fan.

I got into star trek at a millitary boarding school where there was a bunch of people that locked down the televsision every day about an hour before anything startrek related would begin

Wow..that is kinda cool. I used to watch the most Trek in my life when I worked as a bartender at a hotel. We...the kitchen staff were all trekkies!! Such a strange place for the fandom.

I started watching Trek when it first ran...in the 60's....I swear to God I remember it. But...I was formally inducted into the fandom during the endless re-runs that ran during the 70's an 80's.

Love it!! So..what does that make it?/ 40 yrs?
Something like that.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#18 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:57 AM

Posted Image

My "Star Trek" collection. Buy in octaber and november 2009 year.

Edited by Martok, 02 December 2009 - 04:58 AM.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#19 nwalien

nwalien

Commander

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:45 PM

Posted Image

My "Star Trek" collection. Buy in octaber and november 2009 year.

WOW!!!!
Taking my hat down before you! :worthy:
Live Long And Prosper!
Gyvenk Ilgai Ir Turtingai!
Живи Долго И Богато!

#20 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

I grew up on reruns of TOS. I was trying to avoid watching TNG, out of respect for the original crew Posted Image. I think I gave in and started watching TNG either part way through the first season or at the beginning of the second. From then on (with the exception of DS9 - which I never fully made it through on the first run, I missed a chunk of episodes and then went back to it again) I watched every series religiously.

So probably since around 1979/1980 (I was around 4 or 5) - roughly 30 years now. Posted Image

Connor-picstrip.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users