The Countdown

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1006 replies to this topic

#41 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:16 PM

the only thing they brought us is pamphlets about how we're going to burn in heck if we go to the wrong church. but they were friendly at least.
Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the
earth much? Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
Stop this day and night with me and you shall possess the origin of
all poems...

#42 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:18 PM

Hmmm yeah. Pentecostals are like that. They make lousy chili too :P Did you get the 'Why is Mary crying' one? I found that to be particularly entertaining as hate literature goes.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#43 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:22 PM

i feel like i should try and like baptists, seeing as how my dad is one. but they keep saying annoying stuff about like "women should stay home and raise children instead of having jobs". which is the long story short of why my mom doesn't like to go to church with my dad :P
all poems...

#44 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:32 PM

Depends on the sect, depends on the preacher. I've met some preachers who are the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet and others who are the furthest thing from followers of Christ I have ever seen. Just like every other group; there is always at least one phloxhole that makes themselves abundantly obvious as soon as they open their mouth. We have an auxiliary bishop up here like that. They are supposed to keep their nose out of secular politics but he is forever trying to lean people on which candidate to vote for <_<
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#45 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:37 PM

eh yeah. my uncle is a former baptist preacher and he's awesome. but then again, the reason he's a "former" preacher is b/c his church kicked him out after he and his wife had the audacity to get a divorce.
all poems...

#46 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

You Are a Cheese Scone

Posted Image

The early part of your day is filled with comfort and relaxation.
You are the type of person who doesn't even bother to get out of bed at a particular time. Mornings are for being sleepy.

And you're just as likely to bring your breakfast back to bed as you are to eat it in the dining room. Nothing beats the warm feeling of being under the covers.
You're the type most likely to make your scones the night before. Then you can have your delicious breakfast without any work in the morning.

What Kind of Scone Are You?

Blogthings: Discover the Parts of Your Personality that Have Been Hiding

Things were getting too serious :P Also he could always be a JP.
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#47 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:50 PM

You Are Easy-going and Relaxed

Posted Image

You have an inner peace and total calm that other people envy. You don't allow yourself to have mood swings.
People can depend on you day in and day out. You don't change your mind or who you are.

And while you're quick to react, you're also quick to act. Some have even accused you of being lazy.
You do think that people work too hard for too little in this world. You're willing to be a little passive and see what comes to you.

The Mustache Test

Blogthings: Learn Something Surprising About Yourself

duh :P
all poems...

#48 aklaus

aklaus

Overanalyzinator ~~ Countdown Dumpster Diver

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 36,757 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:06 AM

I was raised Baptist to the extent I was raised anything, and yeah, it totally depends on the preacher as to whether it's somewhere on the reasonably-normal-belief spectrum or completely nutty. The funny thing is, a lot of the nutty stuff (like Spot's brochure about how he's going to burn in heck for being quasiCatholic) is not only absent from official Baptist doctrine, it's contradicted by it.

#49 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:14 AM

yup. my roomate is nominally episcopalian and i think they told him he's going to heck, too :P

You Think That Intelligence is Glamourous

Posted Image

You find nothing more disappointing than a gorgeous person who is completely vapid. You can't respect anyone who doesn't exercise his or her mind.
There's something incredibly appealing about someone who can speak intelligently about any subject at any length.

You also appreciate people who are well mannered and well behaved. Politeness goes a long way for you.
The most glamourous people you know totally have it together. Allure is never skin deep for you.

The Glamour Test

i think it just means i like girls with glasses :P
all poems...

#50 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:23 AM

yup. my roomate is nominally episcopalian and i think they told him he's going to heck, too :P

You Think That Intelligence is Glamourous

Posted Image

You find nothing more disappointing than a gorgeous person who is completely vapid. You can't respect anyone who doesn't exercise his or her mind.
There's something incredibly appealing about someone who can speak intelligently about any subject at any length.

You also appreciate people who are well mannered and well behaved. Politeness goes a long way for you.
The most glamourous people you know totally have it together. Allure is never skin deep for you.

The Glamour Test

i think it just means i like girls with glasses :P

NO! That one question quiz based of a simple line drawing defines every aspect of your personality!

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#51 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:26 AM

NO! That one question quiz based of a simple line drawing defines every aspect of your personality!

hehehe. in all fairness to the quiz, good manners are an underrated virtue.

but mostly girls with glasses tend to be really cute :D
all poems...

#52 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:44 AM

I feel like this demo is just an excuse for this guy to show off his Gerard Butler facial hair.
Posted Image

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#53 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:48 AM

well yeah if i had a beard like that i would show it off as much as possible.
all poems...

#54 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:29 AM

goodnight sweet world. also could somebody tell my neighbors to turn off the stereo already.
all poems...

#55 Shodar

Shodar

Will Call Back Later

• Members
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

So yeah, it turns out that I was pretty tired and just woke up from sleeping for 11 hours. wooo.

thankfully i managed not to get pulled over for anything stupid today. so i guess we can set the "Days since ____" counter to "1" :P

You need a "days since mark saw a pretty girl and said something silly" counter :P

Also, I now again have the worst day since yesterday in my head

You deserved it, tattle tail. :P

:o :(
You make me sad. I just wanted nobody to die :(

:P

i feel like i should try and like baptists, seeing as how my dad is one. but they keep saying annoying stuff about like "women should stay home and raise children instead of having jobs". which is the long story short of why my mom doesn't like to go to church with my dad :P

That always bugs me. Like we can't have individual paths in life.

You Are a Cheese Scone

Posted Image

The early part of your day is filled with comfort and relaxation.
You are the type of person who doesn't even bother to get out of bed at a particular time. Mornings are for being sleepy.

And you're just as likely to bring your breakfast back to bed as you are to eat it in the dining room. Nothing beats the warm feeling of being under the covers.
You're the type most likely to make your scones the night before. Then you can have your delicious breakfast without any work in the morning.

What Kind of Scone Are You?

Blogthings: Discover the Parts of Your Personality that Have Been Hiding

Things were getting too serious :P Also he could always be a JP.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm......... cheeese scone! I may have to eat you for breakfast.
Visit these links (and others that the forum won't let me post):
Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF

#56 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:44 AM

Also, I now again have the worst day since yesterday in my head

:o :(
You make me sad. I just wanted nobody to die :(

:P

That always bugs me. Like we can't have individual paths in life.

That song can be annoyingly catchy. Luckily it punk.

Tough. You should never tattle tail, even if your friends are contemplatin international terrorism. :P

True enough, or as a recent Cracked article speculated on that very topic, "But what was really whack about this [situation] is the underlying assumption that the daughter needed a man in the first place... Because it was 2007 and someone had to fight off the bears who attack the homestead, right?"

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#57 Shodar

Shodar

Will Call Back Later

• Members
  • 5,761 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:24 AM

Tough. You should never tattle tail, even if your friends are contemplatin international terrorism. :P

Actually, I think it's in my contract that I have to tell on terrorists :P

I'm trying to do some online shopping for xmas today. So far, I've found a few things I want to get for myself but not much for other people. Maybe I should get everyone a charity donation. That's easier to decide on at least.
Visit these links (and others that the forum won't let me post):
Doctors without Borders --- Amnesty International --- ICotRC --- UNICEF

#58 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:40 AM

MORNING! :)
all poems...

#59 Russell Crowe

Russell Crowe

• Members
  • 45,874 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:53 AM

You need a "days since mark saw a pretty girl and said something silly" counter :P

well it would probably need to be "hours" instead of "days" :P
all poems...

#60 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:02 AM

Boop. I woke up earlier than expected.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users