sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,611 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:48 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Morena Baccarin
(Firefly, Stargate:SG-1) stars as Anna, leader of the Visitors, an alien race who mysteriously appears over Earth's major cities, offering peace and tranquility to a human race in desperate need of it.
Posted Image
Scott Wolf portrays Chad Decker, a reporter with more ambition than conscience, chosen to present the Visitor's "message" to Earth's population.
Posted Image
Elizabeth Mitchell(Lost) plays Erica Evans, a tough minded FBI agent in the counter-terrorism task force, and single mother to her troubled teen son Tyler, portrayed by newcomer Logan Huffman, who sees the Visitors as a chance to change his life for the better. But are they really here to help us?
Posted Image

http://abc.go.com/shows/v/#

Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:20 AM

I'm looking forward to this.

You forgot to mention Joel Gretsch (from "The 4400") who plays Father Jack Landry.

EDIT: I don't want to be a stickler, but in the title of this thread it says "Remake of the 1986 miniseries". But the first miniseries was in 1983 and the second was in 1984, with the original series following immediately afterward.

Edited by Kyle Nin, 04 November 2009 - 12:14 PM.

Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#3 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:13 PM

V starts tonight!
Posted Image

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

#4 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 06:46 PM

Counting down to 8 PM.
Watching the original right now on Syfy.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#5 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:24 PM

I just got done watching the pilot. Great episode! I look forward to seeing more. (Unfortunately, ABC is only airing three more episodes before it goes on hiatus for about three months. :( )
Posted Image

#6 John Doe

John Doe

Commodore

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:00 AM

Unfortunately, ABC is only airing three more episodes before it goes on hiatus for about three months. :(

That just sucks. That's one hell of a way to make audience numbers drop down. I hope 'V' stays around.

Without trying to sound egotistical... (...) I have my own ideas and aspirations which were countlessly shot down in the past. I've no interest in being in that position again.

#7 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:05 AM

With all the hype I was dissappointed. They brought in too much of the old series in too fast instead of letting it develop into a more natural story line. Hoping the next 3 episodes come in a little more even keeled. As usual with the new TV mentality waiting till March for new episodes is not to bright.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#8 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:28 AM

With all the hype I was dissappointed. They brought in too much of the old series in too fast instead of letting it develop into a more natural story line. Hoping the next 3 episodes come in a little more even keeled. As usual with the new TV mentality waiting till March for new episodes is not to bright.

People keep on saying that it moved too quickly, but I thought the pacing was just fine. This is obviously a thriller, not a drama like the original. Plus, this was the premiere. It should start with a bang, and for me, it did. I can't tell you how excited I am to see the next episode. I haven't felt this way since maybe Season 2 of Lost.

Why is it not next Tuesday yet?!
Posted Image

#9 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:04 AM

As there was nothing else on, I caught the pilot. By no means did I dislike it, but I can't say I was impressed. I agree that it moved too fast (I find it hard to believe everyone would start loving the Visitors practically overnight), but oddly enough, it also felt kind of dull and uneventful.

My one compliment goes to Morena Baccarin as Anna. She gave me the creeps through the whole episode, and her performance was the only thing I found memorable about the show. Very well done.

This definitely wasn't terrible, but I doubt I'll tune in again.

#10 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:14 AM

I'm speechless. I can't figure out why people aren't liking this. Finally, there's something exciting to watch on TV, but people would rather something else? Oh, let me guess. Stargate Universe? That show is a pile of steaming tripe compared to this. (Which is why I changed my signature, by the way.)

I'm sorry for going off like this, but this is the first new show in a while that I've loved. And I think I'd be devastated if it got canceled.

EDIT: Sorry about all that - I feel really emotional about this. I don't consider SGU to be tripe, but the series leaves a lot to be desired and from what I've heard recently, the show isn't going to get much better than it's been, so I really am debating with myself whether I should stop watching or not. It's a hard decision, because I consider myself to be a Stargate fan. But this ... this is not Stargate. It may take place in the universe of Stargate, but it's not the Stargate that I've grown to love.

Edited by Kyle Nin, 04 November 2009 - 11:33 AM.

Posted Image

#11 John Doe

John Doe

Commodore

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 11:33 AM

To me, with remakes it works the same way as for prequels: people don't like it if it isn't as they expected. Even those who didn't watch the original series are probably expecting something.

I think this new 'V' is the kind of show that needs to find its own audience. I hope the hiatus doesn't hurt it to death.

Without trying to sound egotistical... (...) I have my own ideas and aspirations which were countlessly shot down in the past. I've no interest in being in that position again.

#12 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:41 PM

I knew almost nothing about the new show or the old one, so I had no real expectations, but I just didn't find it interesting. SG:U may have more than its fair share of problems, but at least the characters grab me. Nothing about this show caught my attention.

*Shrugs.* Just down to personal taste, I guess.

#13 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:08 PM

I gotta say that when you already know what the story is it really takes the suspense out of the show. I honestly did like the show, but it was just the same thing as the original with cooler special effects. Right now the only thing besides the cool special effects that this has going for it is that it DOESN'T have Marc Singer in it.

Also, I think it was a shame to lose a talented actor like Alan Tudyk in the first episode ......

Anyway, they had better have a slick way of making this story work this time, because last time it sucked hard :(
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

#14 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:15 PM

I honestly did like the show, but it was just the same thing as the original with cooler special effects.

There were some differences, but there have to be some similarities, or else you couldn't call it V.

They had better have a slick way of making this story work this time, because last time it sucked hard.

Do you think they'll have an alien baby this time too? (If they do, I'm sure it won't look like a muppet.)

Also, I think it was a shame to lose a talented actor like Alan Tudyk in the first episode ......

I saw him in the previews. So I don't think he really died. He'll be back at some point.

Something I liked about that battle scene (or maybe it was more of a massacre) at the end of the episode was the fact that the Visitors weren't using guns (lasers or whatever). It makes them seem more savage and brutal. They like to cut and slash. It's a complete reversal of what the Visitors are trying to show themselves as. I mean, everything about them is a lie, and this is just one more aspect of that.

It's got to be devastating for Erica, knowing that her own partner (someone she trusted with her life) was all along one of those things. I say things, because after she saw his lizard face, that's probably how she feels about them. The Visitors went out of their way to make themselves look and seem human (which was probably a main reason people trusted them so much - I mean, would you so quickly trust a group of lizard people?), but now she knows that they're actually monsters.

SG:U may have more than its fair share of problems, but at least the characters grab me. Nothing about this show caught my attention.

The SGU characters are about as good as the characters on here, so nothing really "grabs me" on SGU. But on V, the story grabs me (mainly the one surrounding the resistance members - I mean, that's what the show is all about).

*Shrugs.* Just down to personal taste, I guess.

The fact that it's a sci-fi thriller with a possible deep mystery intrigues me.

Edited by Kyle Nin, 05 November 2009 - 07:36 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 09:43 PM

I just got done watching the second episode ("There Is No Normal Anymore"). I didn't like it as much as the premiere, but it was still good. I liked that it started off right where the first episode ended. I guess that means that this is a true serial. I was hoping that they'd already be putting together the resistance in this episode, since that's the point of the series, but it looks like they're dragging it out a bit. I guess that's fine. I mean, this is a series, not a miniseries.

I gave the premiere a "B+", but this one is more of a "B". And just as I thought,
Spoiler

Posted Image

#16 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,611 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 11:41 PM

There were some differences, but there have to be some similarities, or else you couldn't call it V.

Do you think they'll have an alien baby this time too? (If they do, I'm sure it won't look like a muppet.)

I saw him in the previews. So I don't think he really died. He'll be back at some point.

Something I liked about that battle scene (or maybe it was more of a massacre) at the end of the episode was the fact that the Visitors weren't using guns (lasers or whatever). It makes them seem more savage and brutal. They like to cut and slash. It's a complete reversal of what the Visitors are trying to show themselves as. I mean, everything about them is a lie, and this is just one more aspect of that.

It's got to be devastating for Erica, knowing that her own partner (someone she trusted with her life) was all along one of those things. I say things, because after she saw his lizard face, that's probably how she feels about them. The Visitors went out of their way to make themselves look and seem human (which was probably a main reason people trusted them so much - I mean, would you so quickly trust a group of lizard people?), but now she knows that they're actually monsters.

The SGU characters are about as good as the characters on here, so nothing really "grabs me" on SGU. But on V, the story grabs me (mainly the one surrounding the resistance members - I mean, that's what the show is all about).

The fact that it's a sci-fi thriller with a possible deep mystery intrigues me.

Spoiler

Also Kyle, please mind that spoiler code for our friends in foreign audiences, thanks ;)
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#17 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:31 AM

I caught the last half of the second episode. Still not impressed. I wouldn't say this is a bad show, but nothing about it catches my interest.

#18 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

I wouldn't say this is a bad show, but nothing about it catches my interest.

I guess I'm more interested in shows with a deep mystery/conspiracy than most people. And this series supplies me with that kind of story. I have to watch something while I wait for 24 and Lost to come back, right?
Posted Image

#19 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 09:06 AM

Watched all 4 episodes and now that I seem to be getting into it, it may not re-appear for several months. Good way to kill the hype - completely!

Posted Image

#20 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:50 AM

Watched all 4 episodes and now that I seem to be getting into it, it may not re-appear for several months. Good way to kill the hype - completely!

They did that on purpose, thinking that it would build excitement for it. But I think it'll do the opposite. But, I mean, since when do the networks really know what people want?
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users