• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 12:31 AM

This is going to be difficult. I'm scared.

fear only a future full of regret at possibilities unrealized.

fear is the mind killer.

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#22 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:49 AM

No one's expecting you to come out with the best novel of the decade. Just a draft.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#23 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:23 AM

Starts tomorrow! Don't forget to sign up. If you post your story online feel free to post links in this thread. :)

-Doctor-

"The universe is big, its vast, and complicated, and ridiculous and sometimes - very rarely - impossible things just happen and we call them miracles."

"Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold."

Posted Image

#24 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 02:57 PM

I have decided to write a scifi space epic novel with a bit of a twist on the protagonist. Stand in awe at my decision. Also. Be writing stuff.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#25 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:33 PM

I will not sign up for anything but you have my word that I will at least begin writing a novel.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#26 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:30 PM

I will not sign up for anything but you have my word that I will at least begin writing a novel.

signing up pretty much means giving then a username and password, and you can use their site to upload your story and do a word count and get a reward for doing 50,000 words.

I wrote about a page earlier. I need to get back to it I suppose.

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#27 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 11:34 PM

signing up pretty much means giving then a username and password, and you can use their site to upload your story and do a word count and get a reward for doing 50,000 words.

And this reward is...?
Not that I'm probably even going to scrape 50,000.
-The Tick

#28 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:57 AM

I am starting tonight, and fully intend to not only reach 50,000 words, but also fully intend to brag about this to everyone I know and be all weird until November is over.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:51 AM

If you pull this off, I will let you brag until the end of time. I've been writing my current novel since spring, and I'm still not finished.

#30 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:56 AM

I think I'm gonna give NaNoWriMo a shot this year. I don't really write much, but my friends've done it for years and I've never had time to try. So I wrote several pages last night.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#31 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:01 PM

I don't doubt that the pic Plaz posted is his story idea.
-The Tick

#32 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

I don't doubt that the pic Plaz posted is his story idea.

Of course!
Posted Image

#33 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

I feel I should mention that participating in this is not considered an acceptable excuse to not participate in the current writing contest. Just a friendly reminder, seeing as the deadline is approaching (hint hint). :P

@frooty: If you want any tips or writing or whatever, feel free to stop by our writing contest discussion thread. It's really more for general writing talk than the contest specifically, and I'm sure plenty of us would be willing to help in what ways we can.

#34 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

I'm sorry, Ensign, but I just haven't had any sort of inspiration whatsoever for the writing contest. If I had been assigned a song to interpret, maybe I would have been more inclined to write, but in the end, music just doesn't typically strike me as story-inspiring.

But for NaNoWriMo? I totally have a killer idea involving Abraham Lincoln.
Posted Image

#35 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:02 PM

If you want you could ask someone to give you a song for you to interpret.
-The Tick

#36 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:44 PM

@frooty: If you want any tips or writing or whatever, feel free to stop by our writing contest discussion thread. It's really more for general writing talk than the contest specifically, and I'm sure plenty of us would be willing to help in what ways we can.

Cool. I'll let you know if I do.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#37 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:41 PM

Also it's a lot more fun to post in regards to writing, because that's the only real conversation we get over there that's not accompanied by the ending or beginning of a contest.
-The Tick

#38 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 11:54 PM

I agree. Talking about writing is a cool thing of which we don't do enough.
Posted Image

#39 poko

poko

Singer of Show Tunes

• Members
  • 20,440 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:09 AM

Posted Image

-Doctor-

Posted Image

#40 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 02:22 AM

I've been procrastinating for the last few days, but I tacked out 2500 words in like, an hour... and it felt good. And I think it's turning out pretty great also. Chapter one is down, and I've already got a game plan in mind for a good ways ahead. I'm optimistic about getting this done, even though I'm totally only at half of what I should be at by now.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users