Photo

Of the 11 Trek films made,what are your 2 current favorite ones and why ?

11 replies to this topic

#1 KL70

KL70

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:48 AM

Of the 11 Star Trek cinema films made so far, what 2 or 3 films,
are your current favorite ones and please separately say why,
for each fave Trek cinema film named (as in for the film's better script,
the acting, direction, FX, or a combo of all of these or any other factors).

Edited by KL70, 21 October 2009 - 09:49 AM.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:34 AM

I'd say my favourite is Nemesis. It had an incredibly deep, multi-layered plot, and even years later, I'm still finding new subtleties and having great debates about it. I liked the intensity of both the action and the emotion, and it keeps me on the edge of my seat. Also, Tom Hardy was brilliant as Shinzon.

Second to that would be First Contact. I hardly even need to explain why. It's a fun, exciting, excellent action movie.

#3 Breachwood

Breachwood

Lieutenant, J.G.

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:34 AM

Wrath of Khan & Search for Spock, I think they speak for themselves!

#4 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:38 PM

I'd say my favourite is Nemesis. It had an incredibly deep, multi-layered plot, and even years later, I'm still finding new subtleties and having great debates about it. I liked the intensity of both the action and the emotion, and it keeps me on the edge of my seat. Also, Tom Hardy was brilliant as Shinzon.

Second to that would be First Contact. I hardly even need to explain why. It's a fun, exciting, excellent action movie.

I've got to agree with both of those choices! It's funny how 'Nemesis' still sparks debate while a few months after the release of JJ Abrams' movie all conversations about that movie have stopped. Funny that.

#5 maneth

maneth

GBBS Moderator

• Members
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:09 AM

My two favorites are First Contact and The Wrath of Khan. I haven't really thought much about why I like those two so much, but one big reason probably is that they're the first two Trek movies I ever saw.

I like Abrams' Trek too, but it's so different that it really can't be compared with the others.

Posted Image
Live long and prosper

#6 Commander Lazar

Commander Lazar

Vice Admiral

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

,,The voyage home'' because it's so funny! And ,,Nemesis'' because i read the book and it's great!

#7 Angel Sakura

Angel Sakura

Chief Petty Officer

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

My two favorites are Wrath of Khan because hello! It's KHAN!!! And The Voyage Home cause it's so gosh darn funny!
"Don't pander to me, kid. One tiny crack in the hull and our blood boils in thirteen seconds. Solar flare might crop up, cook us in our seats. And wait till you're sitting pretty with a case of Andorian shingles, see if you're so relaxed when your eyeballs are bleeding. Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence." ~ Bones

#8 EMH

EMH

Federation President

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 4,037 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

Nemesis!? Oh good god man what are you thinking! :P

First Contact and the recent new Star Trek films. Wrath of Khan is a classic too of course that I'd never discount.

PS - Good to see TU still going!....as I accidentally necro-quote. Oh dear oh dear!

#9 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,656 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:53 PM

I like "First contact" and "Insurrection". "FC" i like because in this movie crew safe Earth from borg and warp fly 5.04.2063 year was make."Insurrection" me like,because even when first directive was broken and people Ba Ku was wait transfer on other planet,captain Picard begun safe people this palnet from race Son A.This my very like "Trek" movies. :thumbup:

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#10 dominion_ruler

dominion_ruler

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

Wrath of Khan and Star Trek XI.

TWOK is simply a classic, favorite movie of all time, period. Great character interaction, good subplots, and of course: Kirk vs Khan.

Star Trek XI surprised the heck out of me. I think I like it so much because it offered Trek on a much larger scale without crapping on everything that was previously created in the Trek universe.

Perhaps the biggest reason I like both these films...they have both kept Trek alive. Both brought in a new director, lots of changes, risks, etc. and both a success that Trek was kept alive then, and will be kept alive now for years to come.

Edited by dominion_ruler, 04 December 2011 - 07:39 PM.

Posted Image

#11 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

my 2 favorite Star Trek movies and why? First I would say First Contact cause the Borg have always been my favorite villain and i have always been fascinated with time travel as well. The undiscovered country would be my second choice cause the klingons are my second favorite villian or species however you want to put it. i also loved the part at the end where captain sulu is racing to kirks aid in the Excelsior in the fight against the prototype bird of prey.

#12 greelywinger

greelywinger

1st Year Cadet

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Wrath Of Khan & Undiscovered Country.

Darryl

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users