• This topic is locked This topic is locked
967 replies to this topic

#1 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:50 AM

His features hidden within a deep hood, Edwards sits within a horse-drawn carriage rolling through a moonlit swamp. To either side of the dilapidated road, barren trees with hooked limbs sway in the wind, seeming to reach out for the carriage. Bands of thick fog roll across the moor, occasionally cutting off the stars, and howls of wild animals, and less earthly creatures, echo through the night, startling the horses. Oddly, the carriage has no driver.

The carriage comes to a stop at the bottom of a low rise. Atop the little hill, an old and many-winged manor sprawls, its windows seeming to glare downward. Edwards approaches the front door. The manor is in an old style, rambling and with many additions built on. It is in a poor state of repair, and the gargoyles on its eaves seem to follow his approach. Leering jack-o-lanterns festoon the outside, their little candles flickering.

Other carriages begin to arrive and disgorge their passengers: the patrons of Ten Forward. With an eerie creak, the front door of the manor swings open on its own, and Edwards leads them inside.

The inside of the manor is dark and cold, and the air smells of dust. The rooms that can be dimly glimpsed are furnished in eccentric older styles. Footsteps echo oddly, and occasionally, whispers or snippets of conversation meet their ears, though the manor appears empty to them.

Once, a terrible howl echoes from the upper floors, but Edwards just smiles enigmatically.
"Take no notice. That's nothing you need to worry about."

The patrons pass a door partly closed. Light seeps out through the opening, and a quick glance inside reveals bizarre laboratory equipment and machines that arc electricity. Moaning and the rattling of cages can be heard from inside the room.

Edwards hastily shuts the door.
"Best if you don't go in there."

At last, they reach their destination, a long room at back of the manor. A massive dinner table with many chairs stands in its center, and a great window occupies the rear wall. Tree limbs bang at the windows as if trying to gain entry. A large fireplace and several candles make this room warmer and brighter than the others in the manor, though they do not give off as much light or heat as one would expect.

Along one wall, opposite to the fireplace, two shining machines stand ready to dispense coffee and other drinks. In the dim light, their shapes seem vaguely ominous. Above them, in several dusty display cases, sit relics of captains past. A jukebox sits to one side.

What appear to be antique weapons hang above the fireplace. But on closer inspection, they are revealed to be two leather boots with spiky heels and a brass trombone engraved with the name "W.T. Riker."

Festive bowls of candy--or, in some cases, froot loops--sit upon every available surface in the room, seeming at odds with the grimness of the rest of the manor.

Edwards furrows his brow.
"Something's missing." His face lights up. "Oh, yes. YER! Oh, YER!"

"Uuuhhhhhhhh." Young Ensign Redshirt shambles in, looking somewhat the worse for wear. His clothes are tattered and torn, and a large wound on his head is plastered with dried blood.

"YER had a bit of an accident on the way here, but he can still do his job," Edwards explains. "He may try to eat your brains, but if you smack him hard enough, he should go away."

Seeing that all is ready, Edwards claps his hands.
"Have a ghoulish good time, my friends!"

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:38 PM

*trekkin' steps into the mansion. She is impressed by the gothic architecture.*

This is a fine spot for our..uhh..festivities. All this place needs is a few more cobwebs.

Ivan..bring me the valise.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#3 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:40 PM

*Orders Zombie YER to help put up cobwebs.*

#4 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:03 PM

The door of the mansion swings open and a black-robed figure solemnly steps into the mansion. His skeletal frame is draped in tattered black cloth, and he carries a long scythe. An hourglass sways from a simple chain attached to his belt, and he glides to the back room decorated for the guests. The others pause momentarily to look at him as he enters the room, recognizing the mythic figure instantly.
"It's ok, no one's dying. I'm just here for the party."
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#5 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:29 PM

You couldn't hold out for FIVE FRAKKIN POSTS?
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#6 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:39 PM

Actually, we were twenty posts away when I started this. :P

In my defense, I was briefly confused as to whether we start the need thread at fifty pages or 1000 posts. Besides, this way gives us more time to enjoy the Halloween bar before Halloween.

#7 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,693 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:35 PM

Yeah Sven...what's 5 posts between friends?

Baseball is over for the season!! YAY!! The poor dears lost every game.

On to Cub Scouts and swimming lessons.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#8 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:06 AM

I bought a mandolin. So that's cool I guess.

Oh and I found a honky tonk piano in a secluded practice room no one ever uses. Also cool.

Umm... I don't know. Those are the only things I think I have anything to say about.
Posted Image

#9 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 03:57 AM

I'm totally gonna photoshop my avatar for halloween and have Kirk and Spock do something together. Lol.
:D
I had an interesting night. Snuck the car out to bring a friend to brooklyn park. Ended up meeting a pretty cool mate over there, chilled with them for an hour or so, and managed to find my way home by guessing on which way to turn.

#10 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:24 AM

Things seem to be moving a bit slow here. Nice intro EE. Like the decor.
Need to work on an avatar as well to keep with the spirit of the theme.

Morning, Cauldron of coffee is brewing, drink up.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#11 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:43 AM

I bought a mandolin. So that's cool I guess.

Oh and I found a honky tonk piano in a secluded practice room no one ever uses. Also cool.

Umm... I don't know. Those are the only things I think I have anything to say about.

Good luck with that. My dad and grandfather both used to play. It is not an easy instrument to learn or master. I can respect someone who challenges themselves.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#12 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:10 AM

Apparently, I have been made a moderator. My plan for total domination of this site to make TU a better place for everyone is going exactly as planned.

:P

#13 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:08 PM

The day I become a moderator is the day I lose faith in the admin's ability to reason and will most likely quit this site. :lol:

#14 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:35 PM

I wasn't aware you were even up for the position. I figure the day you become a moderator is the day there aren't any other people to take the position.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#15 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

True that dude. Most definitely am not moderator material.

#16 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:08 PM

Well, I'm writing a 5 page report on proper decon techniques in the fire rescue world, and it majorly sucks. I hate papers like this.
Its technically due tomorrow by midnight, but tomorrow I'm basically sneaking over to south dakota to spontaneously take the girl i've loved for 3 years out on a date.
:D And yes, I totally plan to stand outside her window and serenade her with a guitar to get her to come down.

#17 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:32 PM

Good luck with that. My dad and grandfather both used to play. It is not an easy instrument to learn or master. I can respect someone who challenges themselves.

If you're referring to the mandolin, it's not too complicated. Mandolins are just the illegitimate children of violins and 12-string guitars, so it's pretty straightforward if you already know how to play either of those.
Posted Image

#18 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:59 PM

If you're referring to the mandolin, it's not too complicated. Mandolins are just the illegitimate children of violins and 12-string guitars, so it's pretty straightforward if you already know how to play either of those.

Clark, last I remember, you cant play the guitar.

#19 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:16 PM

I play violin.
Posted Image

#20 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

Someone tell me what they see my avatar as. The quicker the better.

Edit: Nevermind, problem solved.

Edited by Apocalypse, 15 October 2009 - 08:07 PM.

-The Tick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users