Sportsmanship

1 reply to this topic

#1 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:01 AM

I hate most athletes. Not because I am old, chubby, and not very athletic myself but because the culture that seems to surround sports is one of incredible arrogance and a "win at any cost" attitude. Occasionally though, despite sports scandals that predate the infamous "Black Sox" scandal to beyond the Michael Vick insanity there are occasional signs that give me hope that good people can actually be part of the sports dynamic.

Case in point
Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:09 PM

Of course, SI's Sportsman of the Year, New York Yankees Shortstop Derek Jeter, is everything that is good and right in sports.

Edited by Barbara, 03 December 2009 - 07:10 PM.

President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users