Anyone Else Seen 'Orphan'?

1 reply to this topic

#1 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:04 AM

I saw this movie a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty creepy and quite effective for a genre which has become so bloated with gore and SFX. I thought it harks back to a time when a movie could take its time in setting the scene (which was done meticulously in this movie) and make the audience anticpate the shocks instead of spoonfeeding thrills. I appreciated the more considered old-fashioned storytelling for a change, and I certainly never saw the neat twist at the end. There were some classy performances too, and my only real gripe was that the
Spoiler

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Trek Realist

Trek Realist

Amicus Hostis

• Members
  • 7,706 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

I thought it had it's moments, and all things being equal I did think the young actress who played the little girl had just the right combination of psycho-creepy and ick factor to really make a person squirm.

I saw this movie a few weeks ago and thought it was pretty creepy and quite effective for a genre which has become so bloated with gore and SFX. I thought it harks back to a time when a movie could take its time in setting the scene (which was done meticulously in this movie) and make the audience anticpate the shocks instead of spoonfeeding thrills. I appreciated the more considered old-fashioned storytelling for a change, and I certainly never saw the neat twist at the end. There were some classy performances too, and my only real gripe was that the

Spoiler

Atheism is not a religion. It is a personal relationship with reality.

Quis custodiet ipso custodes

My Blog

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users