Photo

Ten Forward 19: The Dark Tower

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
995 replies to this topic

#1 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:43 PM

The ensign in red dived behind the rock.
And the disruptor beam followed.
It was the Apotheosis of all star trek episodes, yet there was something different here, something not quite right. It was as if the world we knew and recognized had been twisted, corrupted. This world was a sick and dying place, the last few bastions of light and order dimmed or extinguished entirely.

From Gilead to the Western sea, it was always the same, no matter how hard he tried. Fasty knew this, and yet he drudged on, the heavy guns of his father strapped to each him on crisscrossing, low-slung gunbelts. His hat was long gone, and his dark hair had bleached from the hot desert sun. This was no desert however.

"Its because of that damn door" he thought to himself, carefully scanning the room before him.
It looked like any other saloon, but there were things that were definitely different here.
It was reminiscent of some of the old taverns from the brothel section of Gilead.
He saw a strange machine near the counter, with a dome shaped top from which a rich smelling aroma spilled forth.
"Coffee" he breathed in, a rare smile appearing on his face.

But there was something tickling the back of his mind as well, something akin to deja vu.
"19 times" he wondered aloud to himself. He startled himself awake with that.
Looking up at the bar, he saw what had jerked his attention: two street signs. One was green, with white letters in the old speech brightly proclaiming this to be "19th Avenue"
Below it was another sign, this one yellow with white lettering, spelling out "99th Plaza".

He frowned at this, having seen those numbers once again, although the first appearing more often.

He swept his glance across the rest of the room. There were some odd adornments on the walls, but he was used to seeing odd things. However, a poster caught his eyes, and he took the room in 5 long strides, his glaze burning into the lettering.
It displayed a dark skinned man, with a dark knot of black hair upon his head. In one hand he held a skull, in the other a single, gold Gileadian coin. Above his brow was the lettering "The Good Man keeps you in his prayers"
Below his face was the remainder of the recruitment slogo, "...so keep him in yours and march with the Crimson Eye!"

Somebody has used a knife at some point or another and nicked "Farson can suck it", to which another person had scratched out 'Farson' and rewrote the single word "Tower".

He chuckled and stepped back, doing his best not to think of the last years of that golden city. Instead, he took position in a low chair that overlooked that whole room, his hands loose on his guns, his eyes ever sharp to the world around him- for no matter the world, he was a gunslinger of Gilead, and a rare breed at that.

Upstairs, a door slammed, and Fastillion Daenor, perhaps the last of his kind, perhaps not, sighed a breath and waited to see if friend or foe should walk down to meet him.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:50 PM

Heh.
I was a practioning LeVayan Satanist for 4 years.
What does that get me?

The right to an opinion.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#3 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:52 PM

Plazmataz, wearing a bowler hat and a silk shirt and sporting a dashing mustache, descended the staircase into the empty bar. He tipped his hat to the stranger in the corner before continuing across the room to where the honky tonk piano sat. Taking a seat on the creaky bench, he began to play one of his favorite folk songs; Hey Jude.
Posted Image

#4 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:10 PM

What was the post count at, 960 or something? That is the problem with being young, you finish off way too early :P now get back in there and finish the job like you are supposed to.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#5 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

This thing seems to be open again...

#6 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:47 PM

Indeed. It is as if an unseen force is there....watching...
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#7 TheClown

TheClown

Pastafarian Black Belt Priest

• Members
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:53 PM

The Clown Force is strong with you Sev.
" I see the world thru the eyes of a clown " - boris (me)

Posted Image

The Clown Stories

#8 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:14 PM

Sorry, I'm not a polite person when it comes to this line of conversation. No offense to any religious people, but religion shares far too many borders with... certain other things I dislike. Actually, you could probably say that religion itself is something I don't like. It's just touching other things that I dislike even more. It's actually more like I dislike it by association.

This is where our views differ. I'm not particularly religious, and I'm well aware of its darker aspects, but I also see that it does a lot of good, so I'm inclined to be tolerant.

Also, what are the things it's "touching"?

I don't know what you need to prove God's existance. But my faith is good enough for me. And if I'm wrong, I have nothing to worry about. If you're wrong?

See, I object to that. I'm not sure what you're implying with the last sentence, but if you're implying us unbelievers may suffer some divine punishment, I'm offended by such scare tactics. Most of us are willing to respect our beliefs; you ought to respect our lack of belief. Besides, if there is a God, he's kind and would not punish us for failing to believe in him when we have every reason not to.

#9 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:54 PM

Hey raptor!!

Well...as for the religion discussion...I was brought up a Catholic...I am NOT a fan of the Catholic Church. (I do like their art, however) I don't know whether there is a God...It is the "mystery of faith"...one of the truest statements of all time. I know that when I was explaining the creation vs. evolution thing to my 5 yr olds, they preferred to believe there was a God. It kinda threw me for a loop. There is no real religious teaching in my family other than what I was told was my "The Lion King" explanation of life and death to the kids. Their Dad is a non-practicing Jew...unless you are having a discussion about Israel.

I'm starving...orders a pizza...seems the M-5 is not set up yet...and Pink2 is on coffee and booze duty...What happened to robocup?
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#10 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:58 PM

SEVNSON OPEN THE LAST THREAD AND LET ME POST 4 FRIGGIN TIMES
PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEE!!!!!!!

So that it can be 1019 posts and the wheel of Ka may be complete, for we are Ka-Tet and connected through our very existence.

Also, I think that was my first and last intro ever. :D

#11 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:00 PM

Jeez you guys posted a lot since the last time I was here.
A whole lotta stuff about religion too... Sheesh!

Hello, new bar! *sets down a new, unopened barrel of frootloops*

So today I had to get up early because it was the first day of Jazz Band. I got to school at like 7:10. It was so weird because the whole school seemed rather empty and silent besides a handful of people with zero period classes like me. Plus I was wearing a jacket cause it was only like 50 degrees out... It just felt weird. Anyways, turns out we had one saxaphone player. As I halfway expected, my band director asked me to learn alto instead of playing clarinet. I've wanted to try out saxaphone for a couple years now, so I said yes. During pep band rehearsal, she sent me out in the hall with a saxaphone to try to learn a bit of it. So, I got to miss boring pep band rehearsal! Yes! Lol. So I played around on it for like a half hour tonight and we'll see how jazz band rehearsal goes tomorrow morning. :) It's pretty cool.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#12 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:21 PM

The Gods must be crazy - this was the title of a movie - today.

That is the one with the coke bottle...right?

Jeez you guys posted a lot since the last time I was here.
A whole lotta stuff about religion too... Sheesh!

Hello, new bar! *sets down a new, unopened barrel of frootloops*

So today I had to get up early because it was the first day of Jazz Band. I got to school at like 7:10. It was so weird because the whole school seemed rather empty and silent besides a handful of people with zero period classes like me. Plus I was wearing a jacket cause it was only like 50 degrees out... It just felt weird. Anyways, turns out we had one saxaphone player. As I halfway expected, my band director asked me to learn alto instead of playing clarinet. I've wanted to try out saxaphone for a couple years now, so I said yes. During pep band rehearsal, she sent me out in the hall with a saxaphone to try to learn a bit of it. So, I got to miss boring pep band rehearsal! Yes! Lol. So I played around on it for like a half hour tonight and we'll see how jazz band rehearsal goes tomorrow morning. :) It's pretty cool.

That sounds great!

Loopy...check it out, there is a roulette wheel for choosing drinks!

Fasty...the place is um...creepy, but lovely...Good job!

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#13 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:26 PM

Fasty...the place is um...creepy, but lovely...Good job!

That's how it works, milady. The world is dying. Enjoy this little bastion of sanity and e-drinks while it's still here.
Posted Image

#14 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:33 PM

That sounds great!

Loopy...check it out, there is a roulette wheel for choosing drinks!

Okay. Will do!

*spins wheel*
I wonder what I'll get...

Posted Image

#15 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:39 PM

Okay. Will do!

*spins wheel*
I wonder what I'll get...

Watch out for those Dead Denobulans...they'll kick your arse...

*tick..tick..tick...tick....tick....tick........tick...............t..ic..k.*

Looks like a Fuzzy Malcolm for you!!

Edited by trekkin', 03 September 2009 - 07:40 PM.

#16 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:43 PM

Aye...this world is not just dying, but all worlds. At their center is the Tower, which has been under a sort of siege for countless decades.

#17 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:56 PM

Does it have a goat named Brett?

http://news.yahoo.co...ews/ynews_en879

#18 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

Watch out for those Dead Denobulans...they'll kick your arse...

*tick..tick..tick...tick....tick....tick........tick...............t..ic..k.*

Looks like a Fuzzy Malcolm for you!!

Yay e-alcohol!
*begins sipping drink*
:upsidedown:

Posted Image

#19 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

SEVNSON OPEN THE LAST THREAD AND LET ME POST 4 FRIGGIN TIMES
PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEE!!!!!!!

So that it can be 1019 posts and the wheel of Ka may be complete, for we are Ka-Tet and connected through our very existence.

Also, I think that was my first and last intro ever. :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

FORUM RULES

#20 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

Posted Image

:lol:
That single post made my night S-71, thanks. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users