• This topic is locked This topic is locked
995 replies to this topic

#981 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:09 AM

You know what I just discovered? The search function on this forum sucks. I typed in "person above you" and got eight pages of results, but not one of those results was a "Person above you" thread.

Yeah...I found it easier to dig page by page. There were some great word association games...like the one where you had to play off the last letter of the word above you...but...I don't even remember the name of that thread. Where is Hair when I need him??

Let me just say this...MY MOTHER IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!

To all you kiddies...it doesn't go away...it just increases in magnitude..Sorry.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#982 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:51 AM

Right, the new thread is open. I think I actually worked harder on the opening than I did on my last writing contest entry. :P

#983 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:02 AM

Indeed, although I dont really have an avatar. O.o

You do to me. It's still the Kirk and Spock one.

I'm almost tempted to get Wrath of the Lich King just so I can do the Stratholme one. I want to learn more about this Infinite Dragonflight. I think it's interesting that they may actually be trying to help the world by changing history.

Haven't done Stratholme yet but I want to.
One rumor about the Infinite Dragonflight that I thought would be super badass if it's true (you don't have to read it if you don't want to, but it's supported by a Warth quest or two and a few details in the instances):
Spoiler

Right, the new thread is open. I think I actually worked harder on the opening than I did on my last writing contest entry. :P

Bu-bu-bu-wha? It's too early!
And I want to change my avatar now! It's a Halloween party after all. Besides, how am I supposed to make my entrance as plain ol' me?
Woah, a cursory glance of of Google Images show many badass Grim Reaper pictures... but I still refuse to set foot in the new thread without a costume.

Edited by Apocalypse, 14 October 2009 - 11:06 AM.

Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#984 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:25 AM

The Infinite Dragonflight are actually future Bronze dragons, and the reason Nozdormu has been missing all these years is because he's leading them.
But it's just one of many theories.

I have heard that before. If that turns out to be the case, it will either be incredibly awesome or a terrible mistake, depending on how it's executed.

If that is the case, I assume players will ultimately kill Nozdormu. I really object to having Malygos be killable, and I expect that Deathwing will be killable in Cataclysm, and if players end up killing three of the five Aspects, things will just get ridiculous. Also, I kind of like Nozdormu, and I'm sick of my favourite Warcraft characters being turned into villians and getting killed.

That said, there are ways that could be awesome. For example, if the Nozdormu leading the Infinite Dragonflight is a Nozdormu of the distant future, and the present (if such a term can apply to such a being) Nozdormu sticks around, I'd be happy. Time paradoxes even open up the possibility of awesome stuff like helping the present Nozdormu kill the future Nozdormu.

It would also depend on Nozdormu's reasons for doing this.

Bu-bu-bu-wha? It's too early!

Is it? I couldn't remember if we do it after fifty pages or 1000 posts. Sorry.

Anyway, this gives us more time to enjoy the Halloween bar before Halloween.

And I want to change my avatar now! It's a Halloween party after all. Besides, how am I supposed to make my entrance as plain ol' me?

*Shrugs.* Whatever you wish.

#985 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:41 AM

Is it? I couldn't remember if we do it after fifty pages or 1000 posts. Sorry.

Anyway, this gives us more time to enjoy the Halloween bar before Halloween.

I'm hesitant to post in there because it wouldn't be the first time a thread was started early and an admin shut it down. If we're moving, I don't care, I'd just prefer it be final.
Of course, there's a simple solution. Got another 15 posts in you?

About your "killing off the villains" thing. Blizzard has pretty much confirmed a lot of the deaths to be comic book deaths, meaning that for every five important bosses they kill or so, only, say, two of them end up being dead forever. I know Kael'thas was given a second chance (though I don't remember his ultimate fate) and as for Illidan's death, I'm cool if it were final, because Maiev Shadowsong had a hand in it.

Edited by Apocalypse, 14 October 2009 - 11:43 AM.

Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#986 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:39 PM

I'm hesitant to post in there because it wouldn't be the first time a thread was started early and an admin shut it down. If we're moving, I don't care, I'd just prefer it be final.

I don't really like that policy (if one thread does get closed, it should be the old one), but even if it does happen, it will be reopened, so your posts won't be lost.

Of course, there's a simple solution. Got another 15 posts in you?

We can give it our best go.

About your "killing off the villains" thing. Blizzard has pretty much confirmed a lot of the deaths to be comic book deaths, meaning that for every five important bosses they kill or so, only, say, two of them end up being dead forever. I know Kael'thas was given a second chance (though I don't remember his ultimate fate) and as for Illidan's death, I'm cool if it were final, because Maiev Shadowsong had a hand in it.

I'm not really a fan of "comic book deaths" either. It's cheesy, and it takes away from the impact of the deaths that do wind up being permanent.

I know Kael was ultimately killed. I can live with Illidan's death (even though I do think he had a lot of potential as a character). It's not like turning him into a villain was much of a stretch, and he's not so powerful that it's ludicrous to have players kill him. I always wanted to see him kill Maiev before he bit the dust, but his getting the final word in with his (accurate) statement that, without him, she has no reason to live is enough to satisfy me.

In some cases, it's okay, I guess. With Ragnaros, for example. It makes sense to have each of his deaths really be just a banishment back to whatever elemental plane he came from. That makes sense.

#987 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

Yeah I'm not posting in 20 until we hit at least 995. Just isnt right.

#988 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:52 PM

Hey Brett, you watch Castle, right? You ever notice his daughter looks a bit like that fairy from Legend?

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#989 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:54 PM

I'm not really a fan of "comic book deaths" either. It's cheesy, and it takes away from the impact of the deaths that do wind up being permanent.

I know Kael was ultimately killed. I can live with Illidan's death (even though I do think he had a lot of potential as a character). It's not like turning him into a villain was much of a stretch, and he's not so powerful that it's ludicrous to have players kill him. I always wanted to see him kill Maiev before he bit the dust, but his getting the final word in with his (accurate) statement that, without him, she has no reason to live is enough to satisfy me.

In some cases, it's okay, I guess. With Ragnaros, for example. It makes sense to have each of his deaths really be just a banishment back to whatever elemental plane he came from. That makes sense.

That's true that it takes away the impact of death. But, similar to comic books, in a world of fantasy and magic, it's not impossible that people can come back to life after they die. Whether it's a simple heal or resurrection spell or a necromantic spell or a hardcore ritual or something like that, it's hard to believe that death can be permanent for long. At least they don't take it to the height of comic book ridiculousness.

Hey Brett, you watch Castle, right? You ever notice his daughter looks a bit like that fairy from Legend?

Yes, but I've never seen Legend.
-The Tick

#990 Allee

Allee

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:01 PM

Well, that would have helped, huh?
Here ya go. . .

Posted Image

Though Alexis isn't as creepy looking.

Hi fasty! Posted Image

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#991 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:07 PM

Well, that would have helped, huh?
Here ya go. . .

Though Alexis isn't as creepy looking.

Yes, I see the resemblance.
-The Tick

#992 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:08 PM

Never heard of either of them.
Also, I be no longer sick.

#993 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:10 PM

Never heard of either of them.

Yay!
Also, Castle is Nathan Fillion's (newest?) show. If you don't recognize the name, he played the Captain from Firefly and is quite the humorous fellow.
-The Tick

#994 Allee

Allee

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:22 PM

Posted Image

Yay!
Also, Castle is Nathan Fillion's (newest?) show. If you don't recognize the name, he played the Captain from Firefly and is quite the humorous fellow.

Yeah, he's a fun guy. Or perhaps fasty was once a big One Life to Live fan when Nathan was on the show! Posted Image I was surprised when they picked Castle up for a second season, I expected it to get canceled because it was damn good!

Connor-picstrip.jpg

#995 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

That's true that it takes away the impact of death. But, similar to comic books, in a world of fantasy and magic, it's not impossible that people can come back to life after they die. Whether it's a simple heal or resurrection spell or a necromantic spell or a hardcore ritual or something like that, it's hard to believe that death can be permanent for long. At least they don't take it to the height of comic book ridiculousness.

I'm not saying it's impossible. Merely cheap story-telling.

#996 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:54 PM

Nah, I only watched him in Firefly and something else.
Hmm.
I'll check it out at some point or another maybe. I dont watch much TV though unless its something that my dad picked out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users