• This topic is locked This topic is locked
995 replies to this topic

#961 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 07:30 PM

Yeah actually I been working on quitting for a bit now. I've had the same pack of cigs last me for 2 weeks now, so. Woot. I think I might be able to kick the habbit.

You are better off just winging them in the garbage and pouring something gross on them so you won't pick them back out later. Then just sleep like you would anyways to recover from an illness. It is way easier to sleep through the first week than to try and do it awake. Take this who from someone who had dreams about smoking for the first few months after quitting. Come to think of it those dreams helped sometimes.

Barbara Hamper Video project - over. The conference - over. Task at hand? Fix the computer!!! Fix ALL the computers!!! .... before the next project hits.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#962 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:08 PM

Yeah but when the cravings get so bad that I start twitching, I'd like to be able to have some sort of nicotine on hand. I tried cold turkey once, didnt work.

#963 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:10 PM

You're not supposed to go cold turkey. Weaning yourself off little by little is more effective in most cases.
Posted Image

#964 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:42 PM

Barbara wrote this in one of her recent messages to Raptor.

"Consider me off in the Delta quadrant for now. I'll be back.

Keep Frooty happy too. She needs her sugar.

Oh, guess you'll be playing a lot of ABBA!!!!"

NO!!!!!!!!!!NOT THE ABBA!!!!!
:argh::blink::wacko::fist::fear::bash::wallbash::helpsmilie:
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#965 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 09:53 PM

Yeah but when the cravings get so bad that I start twitching, I'd like to be able to have some sort of nicotine on hand. I tried cold turkey once, didnt work.

Don't keep them around. Trust me Fasty, I know, I have quit three times. Having them there and saying you aren't going to have one is like a guy not looking at the centerfold in a Playboy magazine. It just ain't happening if it is there. Just take a nap if it gets bad. Or play a mad six hour session of Starcraft. Chomp on gum or Jolly Ranchers. Or engage in random debauchery with one of your friends. Something, anything, doesn't matter so long as you are not sitting there with a butt in your mouth or thinking about how you want to have one. The idea is to break the habit cycle associated with it. Once you do that you will be able to quit successfully.

You're not supposed to go cold turkey. Weaning yourself off little by little is more effective in most cases.

Cold turkey is an SOB but is far more effective in my experience.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#966 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:57 PM

I'm freezing in here. I needs another blanket.

Also, very little schoolwork is done. I'm getting worse. This is no good. :sadnod:

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#967 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:09 AM

I'm freezing in here. I needs another blanket.

Blankets are awesome. I've taken to wrapping myself in one and hiding in my tiny room here to read comics. With a fan too because seeing as how it's such a tiny room it gets hot rather quickly.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#968 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:38 AM

Wouldn't it balance out and make more sense to have neither the blanket nor the fan?

#969 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:55 AM

Wouldn't it balance out and make more sense to have neither the blanket nor the fan?

But then I don't have the pleasure of having the blanket. Besides, it takes a while before it gets warm enough for using the fan, and the blanket usually comes off not long after that. It's just there as a contingency plan.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#970 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:57 AM

Raptor got a brand new message from Barbara a few hours ago.
She finished her big assignment last saturday. In her own words : "I'm alive and doing well. Yes the video is over. The conference is over."

And : "Say HELLO to everyone in 10Forward. By the way, where are we now??? New planet? New name? New surroundings? I sure do miss it."

And : "Can you please quote me to Trekkin? Say "Bugs says GO YANKEES!!!!"

Several people from TU are trying to something about her computer problems.

#971 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:15 PM

30 more posts till the new thread. How can we relate 20 to halloween?
Do we need to even try relating it? Screw it, lets just make a halloween thread.

Also, Sevnson, while I do know that its a matter of breaking the habit, I feel that I have, and that its just a matter of the nicotine now. I've had those two cigarettes for a week now, and dont plan on using them anytime soon. The worst of the cravings are over, so...yay! I have a lot of tootsie rolls, those help a ton.
Never thought I'd see the day when I didnt smoke a cig. :( it kinda saddens me, but I know its a necessity. I just cant afford it right now.

#972 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:48 PM

Do we need to even try relating it? Screw it, lets just make a halloween thread.

As I've said before, the days of having the number mean something are gone. We can still have a few threads that have the number mean something, but try relating something to a random number like 22 or 87.
-The Tick

#973 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:53 PM

True. Thats really fine by me actually, its kinda no fun if EVERY single one of them has a meaning or purpose.
Thus, Numero 20 shall be our halloween thread.
:D
Who wants to write it?

#974 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:33 PM

[WoW gushing that no but Apoca will get\]OMG, I did the first two Caverns of Time wings today. They. Were. Awesome. That might be the most fun I've ever had in that game.

I'd say that I wished the rest of the game was good like that, but if it was, I suppose I'd probably never stop playing.

What he said.

As I've said before, the days of having the number mean something are gone. We can still have a few threads that have the number mean something, but try relating something to a random number like 22 or 87.

Indeed. I was thinking of making 22 or 23 a Three Worlds-themed bar, but since I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one here who's read the series, I guess that's not the best idea.

Who wants to write it?

I'd like to, if no one objects. I have an awesome opening planned.

#975 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

Looking forward (no pun intended) to your TF 20 intro EE.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#976 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:22 PM

But then I don't have the pleasure of having the blanket. Besides, it takes a while before it gets warm enough for using the fan, and the blanket usually comes off not long after that. It's just there as a contingency plan.

I have lived in plenty of apartments where the heat is on way too high...and we had to open windows to cool it down in the dead of winter...Actually, the colder it was...the hotter the apt. became!!

Raptor got a brand new message from Barbara a few hours ago.
She finished her big assignment last saturday. In her own words : "I'm alive and doing well. Yes the video is over. The conference is over."

And : "Say HELLO to everyone in 10Forward. By the way, where are we now??? New planet? New name? New surroundings? I sure do miss it."

And : "Can you please quote me to Trekkin? Say "Bugs says GO YANKEES!!!!"

Several people from TU are trying to something about her computer problems.

Yay!!! Bugs!! Go Yankees!! Go Yankees!! Go Yankees!!

Looking forward (no pun intended) to your TF 20 intro EE.

:rofl1:Good one Bill!

It could be inspired by that Paranormal movie!!

"It just got really cold in here...get out the infared camera!"

Oh! I bet Boris will love a scary 10F!!

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#977 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:55 PM

[WoW gushing that no but Apoca will get\]OMG, I did the first two Caverns of Time wings today. They. Were. Awesome. That might be the most fun I've ever had in that game.

I'd like to, if no one objects. I have an awesome opening planned.

Yup. I'm sorry I can't eloquently agree with you but I are tired.

As for the Halloween thread, I'm going as the Grim Reaper, my favoritest costume ever. But, I decree no avatar changing until the thread is open. And when it is open, everyone should switch at least for a little while in the spirit of Halloween.
-The Tick

#978 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:22 AM

Indeed, although I dont really have an avatar. O.o

#979 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:57 AM

*trekkin' bounds into the bar. Small pieces of rubbish are stuck in her hair and on her uniform. There is a piece of lettuce sitting on her shoulder.*

Hey guys! The 1 in 5 rule has been changed!! Game threads LIIIIVVVEEE!

I dug around for some...There are some good ones buried in the General Discussion area and The Crewmembers Lounge!!

Okie dokie...coffee please...and a sonic shower!

#980 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 09:05 AM

You know what I just discovered? The search function on this forum sucks. I typed in "person above you" and got eight pages of results, but not one of those results was a "Person above you" thread.

Yup. I'm sorry I can't eloquently agree with you but I are tired.

I'm almost tempted to get Wrath of the Lich King just so I can do the Stratholme one. I want to learn more about this Infinite Dragonflight. I think it's interesting that they may actually be trying to help the world by changing history.

As for the Halloween thread, I'm going as the Grim Reaper, my favoritest costume ever. But, I decree no avatar changing until the thread is open. And when it is open, everyone should switch at least for a little while in the spirit of Halloween.

I'd recommend not changing the avatars until Halloween day. It will be more significant that way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users