• This topic is locked This topic is locked
995 replies to this topic

#941 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:42 AM

So, I never heard back from that job, so I probably didn't get it. Oh, well...

It is a holiday weekend. I'm stil rooting for you!

I dont even know where I've been the last 3 days.
Theres snow on the ground. Thats new to me. Also, I feel absolutely disgusting. I should shower.

Nothing worse than the comedown.

Anyway...

After a stealing incident at the house, here my son is mortified that all his favorite Pokemon were wiped from his DS game. The neighbor kid said..."I accidentally had to take your game because this kid was going to beat me up if I didn't."

Accidentally...ha! That might work with his parents...

LARGE coffee...nilk only, Pink2.

Well, ee..if you want to get the thread moving..pick an argument with the boys...or for the boys. How about...Star Wars the Clone Wars? It is sooo good! I can't believe how much I like it!

There is always this...Dungeons and Dragons rots.

Or one pf Babara's favorites...Apoco..it is a beautiful day!! Life is good!! The sky is blue and sunny!!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#942 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:55 AM

Dang, this place is slow lately. Get posting, people. I want to move on to our Halloween bar.

They said they'd probably make their decision on Friday, and I never heard from them then, so I figure it's a safe assumption I didn't get it. I can't see what could have delayed it.

We'll get there, no problem. We have over two weeks to make, what is it? 60 posts? We could knock that out in a night if we got a good discussion rolling.

Ah. If they said they'd get back to you by a certain day, then it's ok to assume the worst. Try calling them, that never hurts. You'll get your answer for sure, and expressing interest in or concern for not getting the job can't hurt your chances.

Well, ee..if you want to get the thread moving..pick an argument with the boys...or for the boys. How about...Star Wars the Clone Wars? It is sooo good! I can't believe how much I like it!

There is always this...Dungeons and Dragons rots.

Or one pf Babara's favorites...Apoco..it is a beautiful day!! Life is good!! The sky is blue and sunny!!

No see, those won't work, because either we've been down those roads before or I know you're simply saying it to provoke a response.
And I also happen to know Barbara shares my passion for rain, and it has been precipitating frequently up here. Off and on rain for a good week or so plus snow Saturday morning.

Edited by Apocalypse, 11 October 2009 - 09:55 AM.

Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#943 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:36 AM

Hmm? Snow?

I would like it to snow and cover up all the leaves that I will be raking. The maple trees are dropping leaves and that stupid white pine has started to drop all the pine cones that were dripping sap all over the swingset...and pine needles...grrr!

TPTB in my town closed the dump...or should I say only open the dump on Tues, Fri and Sat, now. So you have to time your garbage and lawn care to that. I like to rake when I can...multiple times...rather than in one fell swoop, because I have no way to transport 50 bags of leaves. AND I'm way too cheap to buy 50 leaf bags!!

Anyhooo. I gots to go rake up the pine cones. Can't phlox at the lawn guys if the lawn is not raked. Does anyone want to come and do laundry for me today? Ivan seems to have fallen in love with the M-5 Multitronic Unit. I can't rely on him unless I rewire him.

Oh..and I sense that Barbara's ears are burning.

Everyone wave Bon Voyage to TL!! :wave:

*is soooo jealous!!*

Updates!! We want updates!!

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#944 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 11:54 AM

Speaking of Barbara, she's overdue for an appearance.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#945 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:29 PM

I finally got sick. Fml. I am so miserable right now. GUUUHHHHH

#946 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 02:18 PM

Dang, this place is slow lately. Get posting, people. I want to move on to our Halloween bar.

They said they'd probably make their decision on Friday, and I never heard from them then, so I figure it's a safe assumption I didn't get it. I can't see what could have delayed it.

If they don't get back to you, that means that means you didn't get it. At least you got an interview, though, this is a good sign. I probably sent in around fifty applications last summer, and only got one interview, and that one was a total joke. Maybe next year I'll get a job with the museum, where I've got over 150 volunteer hours logged.

Anyway, I hijacked that conversation to start talking about myself very quickly. The important thing is that you'll get a job if you keep applying and interviewing. And you have our support!

And I also happen to know Barbara shares my passion for rain, and it has been precipitating frequently up here. Off and on rain for a good week or so plus snow Saturday morning.

It has been a very wonderful week as far as weather goes. Although having to walk ten minutes to get from the dorms to class sure made life interesting.

I finally got sick. Fml. I am so miserable right now. GUUUHHHHH

Welcome to the club of people who have been sick. :nod:
Posted Image

#947 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:21 PM

Frooty's back!!! I had an awesome time visiting my friend at college. I brought back different colored condoms and I left a bag of oatmeal cookies for my friend's roommate. I had a dinner in an awesome bar which had really good tator tots. This guy let me into a computer science lab and the chairs were amazing! Speaking of chairs, there were these awesome womb chairs in the library! I loved them. :)

Anyways, time to work on tons and tons of schoolwork because I'm out of town again tomorrow pretty much all day. :thumbsdown:

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#948 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:37 PM

If they don't get back to you, that means that means you didn't get it. At least you got an interview, though, this is a good sign. I probably sent in around fifty applications last summer, and only got one interview, and that one was a total joke. Maybe next year I'll get a job with the museum, where I've got over 150 volunteer hours logged.

I feel your pain. I've been sending applications all over the place for more than a year and have received a grand total of three call backs and two interviews (granted, one led to me being hired on the spot).

Anyway, I hijacked that conversation to start talking about myself very quickly. The important thing is that you'll get a job if you keep applying and interviewing. And you have our support!

Thanks. :)

I brought back different colored condoms and I left a bag of oatmeal cookies for my friend's roommate

This may be the most awesome sentence I've read all day. :lol:

Anyway, glad you had a good time.

#949 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 04:58 PM

This may be the most awesome sentence I've read all day. :lol:

Anyway, glad you had a good time.

I'm glad you found it amusing. :D

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#950 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

I cant even smoke a cigarette. This is unhealthy. I hate being sick.
KAHNNNN!!!!!!!

#951 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:41 AM

Good time to quit if you ask me Fasty. Those things are crazy expensive. Just think of all the other things you could use the money for down the road.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#952 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:10 AM

Yeah actually I been working on quitting for a bit now. I've had the same pack of cigs last me for 2 weeks now, so. Woot. I think I might be able to kick the habbit.

#953 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:22 AM

Good Morning...

Happy Columbus Day!!

Sorry to the rest of the world, but we are celebrating the "New World" here in the States.

I could use some coffee. I slept way too long. I feel all groggy.

Yesterday, we went to the local free hayride. It is awesome, because it is right next to the expensive hayride. I feel all in the know!

My son just informed me that today is Thanksgiving in Canada. Happy Day Canuks!

Apparently there are 19 days until Halloween. So post away, kiddies.

#954 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:33 AM

I phloxing love halloween. And this year, I've got the choice between a big party or a big rave.

#955 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:56 AM

Although I no longer do much of anything to mark the day, Halloween is still one of my favourite holidays. I like going around the neighbourhood and looking at the decorations. Some of the houses around here really go all out. A few years back, one place had (among other things) a statue of a psycho killer pushing a lawnmower, complete with animatronic kicking legs sticking out of the back of the mower.

#956 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:08 PM

Okay..inching ever so closer to the Halloween Bar.

#957 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 12:35 PM

We need TL and Barbara back. This place just isn't the same without them.

#958 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:26 PM

Teri recently wrote this "Terilynn I'm alive. Really. Just insanely busy. XXOO" And now she should be at a Star Trek Cruise ?
Raptor and Barbara exchange mails from time to time. Her video project should just have finished (I believe the finishing date was 10 october). Let's hope she's not too exhausted. And there's still her stubborn computer.

#959 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

Teri recently wrote this "Terilynn I'm alive. Really. Just insanely busy. XXOO" And now she should be at a Star Trek Cruise ?
Raptor and Barbara exchange mails from time to time. Her video project should just have finished (I believe the finishing date was 10 october). Let's hope she's not too exhausted. And there's still her stubborn computer.

Last I heard it was the third, but a week's extension sounds about right what with the computer troubles.
-The Tick

#960 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:03 PM

Barbara wrote this in one of her recent messages to Raptor.

"Consider me off in the Delta quadrant for now. I'll be back.

Keep Frooty happy too. She needs her sugar.

Oh, guess you'll be playing a lot of ABBA!!!!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users