995 replies to this topic

#61 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:06 PM

@TL - oh no! Feel better fast! *sends chicken soup*

@Elf - true - and yes, I did go to the website and have now downloaded the latest drivers for hardware and software. I don't understand why the card can't be detected. Isn't that kinda weird? Yes, I took it out and reconnected it and I'm going to try that again just in case I was totally wrong.

i do manage to geek out any first talk with a girl, and scare them away. But somehow that didn't work last night!

ouuuuu - Congrats Boris!!! Should be a good weekend for ya......

I jumped to that conclusion because that was what it most sounded like you were saying, and to be honest, it still kinda sounds like you're hinting at that. But if you're not, I suppose I'll apologize.

All I can say is I don't believe anyone in this discussion has placed unreasonable demands of tolerance on you.

One: I'm not and there's no need, and sowwy it's sounds like it. I didn't mean anything - really. I just wanted to get a response to keep the discussion moving. *extends hand* Shake? Two: true, TF is relatively safe which is one reason I like it here. *hands over chocolate chip brownie with creamy white frosting.*

I had a little computer breakthrough last night with the OLD system. Reading the old manual and every update since. So far, 96 pages of material. Also, found fixes and known issues and all kinds of stuff (like install this thing before you install that thing). So far, it looks like I might have the OLD system working. In which case I will faint.

Hope all your weekends are great ones. I'm attending an anniversary dinner in a few hours. See you all later. *beams out*
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#62 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:48 PM

Wooooot I just set up a media server so I can play AVIs on my PS3 now! Now Clark has no choice of watching The Big Lebowski, because I will make him if he even sets foot inside my house again.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#63 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:57 PM

I just watched the first episode of weeds.
I've never seen that show before.
I'm already in love with it.
:lol:

#64 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:03 PM

Oh, speaking of the Big Lebowski, something infuriating happened to me today. I was in the car with my dad, and there was an Eagles song playing, and it was the exact same song in the movie playing at the exact same part the Dude says "I had a rough day and I hate the phloxin' Eagles, man," and if it was anybody in that car but my dad I would've quoted the phlox out of that movie.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#65 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:00 PM

hurp durp im clark. i have my phone off so no one can call me when they need to.

hurp durp im clark. i have my phone off so no one can call me when they need to.

Also, epic fail.
:lol:

#66 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:35 PM

Hurp durp, I'm Nate. I don't answer my phone when people call me.
-The Tick

#67 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

Frooty playing sax... *Raptor remembers the fact that the saxophone was invented in his country/Belgium, by a certain french speaking man, Adolphe Sax (hometown Dinant). But I suppose Frooty knows all that...
A number of years ago - when he was still president - during a visit to Belgium, the people of Dinant tried to "lure" Bill "Sax" Clinton to their city (that would have been a big publicity) but they didn't succeed then.

#68 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

Hurp durp, I'm Nate. I don't answer my phone when people call me.

QFT

#69 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:04 PM

Lost the baseball game...went to the pool instead...ate Taco Bell...shower...shuttle mission ahead....

Left arm...sunburned...but not too bad.

Gotta go out tomorrow and burn the right arm a bit...

Behave yourself with that car, Fasty!!

TL...feel better..

Barb, Raptor Apaco, et al...Hi!! Bye!!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#70 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:35 PM

One: I'm not and there's no need, and sowwy it's sounds like it. I didn't mean anything - really. I just wanted to get a response to keep the discussion moving. *extends hand* Shake?

*Shakes.* Very well. I'm sorry.

Two: true, TF is relatively safe which is one reason I like it here. *hands over chocolate chip brownie with creamy white frosting.*

*Eats cookie.*

#71 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:44 PM

Bill "Sax" Clinton

You sure you got that vowel right? :P
-The Tick

#72 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,446 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:52 PM

Yes. I am alive. Today's the first day where I actually felt like getting out of bed. It's a cold - but it s a bad, bad cold. Man. Coughing, sneezing the whole 9 yards. Ick.

*Hugs for TL* :hug:

I suppose that's another advantage of an E-bar: you can dance and exert yourself even while ill.

Also I can hug a person who is ill and there is no danger of catching something.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#73 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 08:11 PM

You sure you got that vowel right? :P

That was before Monica Lewinski played on his saxophone.

#74 robin101

robin101

Ensign

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:49 PM

Hi guys! What up? :huh: :)
I think there fore I'm dangerous!

#75 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,625 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

Hi guys! What up? :huh: :)

Hi Robin what's up?
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#76 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:08 PM

Hiya, Robin. :wave:

#77 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:09 PM

Oh man...Robin has that crazy sexy avatar up...TR is gonna go crazy!!

Well, I've had my chips and salsa...and a Corona...I think I'll go watch some TV that is not cartoons or Hanna Montana...or iCarly...or well..I kinda like iCarly, but yeah...something mature, like Sci Fi!!

Hi Robin, btw!! Great to see you!

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#78 robin101

robin101

Ensign

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:16 PM

Oh man...Robin has that crazy sexy avatar up...TR is gonna go crazy!!
:lol: :D
Well, I've had my chips and salsa...and a Corona...I think I'll go watch some TV that is not cartoons or Hanna Montana...or iCarly...or well..I kinda like iCarly, but yeah...something mature, like Sci Fi!!
I know what you mean!If I see another cartoon I'm going to :vomit:
Hi Robin, btw!! Great to see you!
Thanks! It's nice to be back. :)

#79 robin101

robin101

Ensign

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:24 PM

Hi Robin what's up?

New job next Tuesday that's what's up! :D

Hiya, Robin. :wave:

Hi! Posted Image

#80 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:24 PM

There are some that I like, even the ones that are driving me crazy are pretty funny, but it is the constant day in and day out of the droning...and the zombi-fying of the kids...grrrrrr!!

Okay..so is it weird to move from Corona to Guiness?? yeah, probably...another Corona!! Where is TL, she is a good drinking buddy.

Hey...I just heard what sounded like firecrackers in my neighborhood...but the New Yorker in me...1. Counted the pops...and 2. took notice of the time. Man...I lived in a bad neighborhood for too long. My reaction was completely unconscious...I moved away from the window, too!! Ha ha!! I'm waiting for the sirens as we speak...and it probably was just a pack of firecrackers!! MAN...

Edited by trekkin', 05 September 2009 - 10:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users