Photo

Ten Forward 19: The Dark Tower

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
995 replies to this topic

#41 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:09 PM

Im out and about.
Going to some parties tonight.

#42 TheClown

TheClown

Pastafarian Black Belt Priest

• Members
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

Who is that snoring in the back of the bar?

*checks*

Oh...it is just Boris...

*takes off clown nose...snoring stops*

I wish he would remember to take that thing off when he goes to sleep.

Ohhhh come on... I do have my clown nose for a reason!!!!!! :P

Guess which of Boris's references made me laugh? Yeah, it was the WoW one. :P

Yeah Yeah
" I see the world thru the eyes of a clown " - boris (me)

Posted Image

The Clown Stories

#43 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:41 PM

See, I object to that. I'm not sure what you're implying with the last sentence, but if you're implying us unbelievers may suffer some divine punishment, I'm offended by such scare tactics. Most of us are willing to respect our beliefs; you ought to respect our lack of belief. Besides, if there is a God, he's kind and would not punish us for failing to believe in him when we have every reason not to.

If you're not sure what I'm implying why did you jump to conclusions? No one knows what the future lies, what will happen when we all die, or even if we die. I suppose there's a possibility that in the future we may not all die. I'm just saying you don't know what you have to look forward to. Since I believe there is God, I also believe He is kind, just, merciful, longsuffering, and holy. I have no idea what your or anyone elses fate is and I don't pretend to know. I will say, however, that I find most people expect and even demand I tolerate what is bothersome to me as a believer in God, while the reverse is not often true.

Actually, the reason I brought up the topic is so we'd have 20 posts to get to this thread - quickly - and it worked. Cheers EE! I'll have a pomagranet iced tea. Is that pink2 here? And btw, where'd ya'll put the juke box???

Computer is still dead in the water. Now it can't find the matrox rtx2 card. How can a computer not find something that's installed in it? I wish I understood how these things worked.
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#44 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

Computer is still dead in the water. Now it can't find the matrox rtx2 card. How can a computer not find something that's installed in it? I wish I understood how these things worked.

I don't have any experience with the matrox rtx2 cards but my understanding is most things internal in the computer case requires drivers. If there are drivers already installed then they may be corrupt and require reinstalling.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#45 TheClown

TheClown

• Members
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:12 AM

i do manage to geek out any first talk with a girl, and scare them away. But somehow that didn't work last night!

Posted Image

The Clown Stories

#46 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:16 AM

i do manage to geek out any first talk with a girl, and scare them away. But somehow that didn't work last night!

Nice Boris! :)
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#47 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:29 AM

Congrats Boris!

Looks like we have a great holiday weekend. Weather is perfect. :dance:

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#48 TheClown

TheClown

• Members
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:33 AM

Looks like we have a great holiday weekend. Weather is perfect. :dance:

Going somewhere or BBQ at home???

Posted Image

The Clown Stories

#49 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:55 AM

Woodstock Fair on Sunday, we go most years.

Taking the Grandkids this year, should be interesting.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#50 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:00 AM

Actually, the reason I brought up the topic is so we'd have 20 posts to get to this thread - quickly - and it worked. Cheers EE!

Um, technically I started the conversation. Technically. :P

I don't have any experience with the matrox rtx2 cards but my understanding is most things internal in the computer case requires drivers. If there are drivers already installed then they may be corrupt and require reinstalling.

Did you get some kind of disk that goes with the card? I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas here.

In my opinion, if they're scared away by a little nerdy or geeky conversation then screw them. If you don't meet someone who's at least tolerant of your interests then I'd rather not know them.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#51 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:10 AM

If you're not sure what I'm implying why did you jump to conclusions? No one knows what the future lies, what will happen when we all die, or even if we die. I suppose there's a possibility that in the future we may not all die. I'm just saying you don't know what you have to look forward to. Since I believe there is God, I also believe He is kind, just, merciful, longsuffering, and holy. I have no idea what your or anyone elses fate is and I don't pretend to know.

I jumped to that conclusion because that was what it most sounded like you were saying, and to be honest, it still kinda sounds like you're hinting at that. But if you're not, I suppose I'll apologize.

I will say, however, that I find most people expect and even demand I tolerate what is bothersome to me as a believer in God, while the reverse is not often true.

All I can say is I don't believe anyone in this discussion has placed unreasonable demands of tolerance on you.

#52 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:17 AM

*yawn* Mornin' all. Just got nearly eleven hours of sleep. I guess I needed it. I've been so tired all week! But I feel good this morning. :)

I think I'm gonna spend today watching stuff on hulu, eating, reading, and doing a couple things for school. I've told myself no sax today because my lips are already killing me from how much I played in two days. Lol.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#53 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:28 AM

Did you get some kind of disk that goes with the card? I dunno, I'm just throwing out ideas here.

Usually yes, but the drivers on the disk are almost always outdated. The manufactures website contains the latest drivers. With drivers the later the version number the better, but there are exceptions to the rule.

*yawn* Mornin' all. Just got nearly eleven hours of sleep. I guess I needed it. I've been so tired all week! But I feel good this morning. :)

I need that kind of sleep. I've got no one but my self to blame, been going to bed to late (1am).

On that note, I'm off to bed. Nite all. :)
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#54 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,710 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:06 AM

Good night Elf!

Good morning Loopy.

Off to baseball...

And...maybe the beach...if I don't get too frustrated with the beach traffic. The field they are playing at is past the beaches...hopefully I remember how to get there on the back roads...The proper way to get there will be log jammed with beachgoers...

Have a great Day!!
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#55 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:10 AM

Yes. I am alive. Today's the first day where I actually felt like getting out of bed. It's a cold - but it s a bad, bad cold. Man. Coughing, sneezing the whole 9 yards. Ick.

well - I'm going to be taking it easy and trying to kick the rest of the muck out so I'll be traveling though here today!

Like the place by the way! :)

#56 TheClown

TheClown

• Members
  • 5,432 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:28 AM

*enters Ten Forward, finds the stereo and puts on "Dancing with myself" by Generation X and starts dancing by himself*

Posted Image

The Clown Stories

#57 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:35 AM

Starts dancing too.

#58 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:59 AM

I suppose that's another advantage of an E-bar: you can dance and exert yourself even while ill.

#59 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,621 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

Swine Flu!!! :argh:
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#60 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:03 PM

We cant stop here, this is bat country!

I just woke up.
The car is officially mine.
This pleases me greatly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users