• This topic is locked This topic is locked
999 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:24 AM

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, it's been a long time but i welcome you to a brand new Cubbyhouse

Make yourselves at home

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:26 AM

Woohoo!
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#3 mlaz

mlaz

blisfully clueless

• Members
  • 10,337 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:44 AM

It's so nice to see this still being there...
There used to be loads of females in here.. Vol, LGG,aussie trek mom and others.
So for them... as I canot find any eurosongfestival pictures....a hasselhoff moment.
Posted Image

Some of the things I found here... think its some of LonegunGirl's work
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

And this one I did love
Posted Image

Edited by mlaz, 31 August 2009 - 11:55 AM.

"Tell me and I'll forget, Show me and I might remember, Involve me and I'll understand"
Posted Image . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image
"I believe in humanity. We are an incredible species. We're still just a child creature, we're still being nasty to each other, all children go through those phases. We're growing up, we're moving into adolescence now. When we grow up,man,we're going to be something!"Gene Roddenberry 9/4/85

#4 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 05:28 PM

I don't know, wake up in the morning and there's a new thread....

:band: :congrats: :cheers:

I remember driving to work on the Gateway arterial at 10:30pm. I was about 6kms from the bridge and I saw a truck on it's side. The police was already in attendance and the truck was the only vehicle involved. Apart from that one accident I didn't see any others. Maybe there where less mad drivers back then?

I did walk on the Redcliffe jetty a number of times.

So, I probably did see you.... :argh:

And there are more and more mad drivers and englishmen every day on the Gateway :P

Hello all I'm alright, for some reason my computers were unable to get into Trekunited like a board message came up saying i was prohibited from viewing the board every time i typed the address in and suddently it just unblocked just then and it's been a frustrating two or three days of waiting i can tell you that.

Wow just five posts to go, i'm so glad this grand old series is alive makes coming to Trekunited all worthwhile there is also Save Enterprise but this Australian section has always been home

Welcome back AT - I was having the same problem, went through all the routines of clearing cookies, cache, DNS, cleanup, scan then shutdown restart, now I just turn off my internet connection and start again.... :blink:

Welcome to our overseas guests and thanks for the push into the new thread.... :buttrock:

Ahhh, mlaz - 'The Hoff' - for some reason very popular in Australia... :facepalm:

Champas is chilling in the fridge for the our guests, coffee is brewing for those of us who are just getting up and sausage rolls heating in the oven for brekky...

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#5 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:32 PM

So, I probably did see you.... :argh:

And there are more and more mad drivers and englishmen every day on the Gateway :P

You probably did see me. I have more gray hair now. :P

Ahhh, mlaz - 'The Hoff' - for some reason very popular in Australia... :facepalm:

The Hoff pic. :shudder: :argh:

Champas is chilling in the fridge for the our guests, coffee is brewing for those of us who are just getting up and sausage rolls heating in the oven for brekky...

*Has some sausage rolls for brekky*
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#6 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:10 PM

The Hoff used to be very popular in the Australian section as mlaz said and we got shown more than one hoff pic (we got peppered with Hoff pics) and the fellas decided to counter the Hoff and Radiohead singer Thom Yorke and whatever got thrown at us by posting pictures of the wonderful ladies of the world but i don't think we won the battle.
Eurovision was popular, Battlestar Galactica oh and there was a time when on Wednesday nights where everyone used to meet in the Trekunited Chat Room lots of things happened in those meetings lots of ideas were made there etc.

I didn't really like the TU logo with the Australian flag, it was too simple i remember asking Rooster if we could have a different design but he said all national groups must have the same style which we didn't agree with and LonegunGirl made the logo and that was that we had a new one and then you got all those avatars of hers and the wallpapers and videos there was no shortage of entertainment.

Well today is September 1, todays flashback is Fitzroy's last ever AFL game on September 1 1996 against Fremantle which was an 86 point loss and the Lions bowed out with 8 premierships and 8 wooden spoons (St Kilda has like 24 of them) and with the Brisbane Bears they emerged in 1997 as the Brisbane Lions and so here are a few videos of the Brisbane Bears and Fitzroy Lions.
Brisbane Bears Theme
Fitzroy Lions theme
Fitzroy's last win
Fitzroy's last game

#7 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:10 AM

Congrats on the all new Cubbyhouse!

@Mlaz, nice little trip of nostaglia there.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#8 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:05 AM

That Hoff picture is so disturbing, so is the video below well they may be two good things in it
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_FhR8ID7K_M

#9 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:34 PM

That Hoff picture is so disturbing, so is the video below well they may be two good things in it
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_FhR8ID7K_M

OMG - AT I was just about to post the same link (did you see it on 20 to 1 last night?) :argh:

Here's the real thing...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YsJAhUtDXRE

Much better :dance:

And Elf - I have more grey hairs too. All hail to hair dye :worthy:

Coffee's on, I have little mince pies today, keeping warm in the oven (there's tomatoe sauce if you want).

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#10 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

Yep that's a better version, poor Ted Mulry Gang overshadowed by a Baywatch star

#11 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,622 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:47 PM

It's so nice to see this still being there...
There used to be loads of females in here.. Vol, LGG,aussie trek mom and others.
So for them... as I canot find any eurosongfestival pictures....a hasselhoff moment.
Posted Image

Some of the things I found here... think its some of LonegunGirl's work
Posted Image

Posted Image

And this one I did love

The first one was and continues to be disturbing on too many levels to list...

as to the others I always was a fan of LGG's work.

I blame the German immigrants to Australia for that one :P But some of your tastes down there TBH are a bit quirky and perplexing to us. Case in point:
Posted Image
Which tastes so awful it is illegal here by the grace of God, and

Posted Image
which by all accounts should be banned :P

Posted Image
That odd little cam-drive engine that just fascinates me to no end
Posted Image
and the means I will likely take for my first international foray...
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#12 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 10:40 PM

North Americans make the mistake of having Vegemite without butter or margarine or they mess up the Vegemite to Butter/Margarine ratio that they hit pockets of pure Vegemite so pretty much whatever happens inside them is their own fault.

As for Fosters, i actually haven't seen anybody in this country with the stuff in a long time, it pretty much Europeans who have the stuff

The thing North Americans are missing out on is the Ford Falcon FG or any vehicle made by Ford Performance Vehicles in particular the F6 Tornado
Posted Image

#13 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:55 PM

sevnson - Please no more of 'The Hoff' picture [crawling on hands and knees - begging].... :P

and, what exactly is wrong with vegimite???? - It's great in stews, come to think of it my mum used to make us vegimite tea in winter - used to say it would make my hair grow curly - the things we believe as children :blush:

Dad was always a 'Ford' man, Ford Falcon, Ford Cortina etc, etc, etc..... and always red... even if it wasn't red, he'd paint it red. Red, red, red, red, red... <_<

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#14 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:32 AM

I prefer Navy Blue coloured cars, love that colour it has always brought me great fortune well most of the time anyway like when i went to school the schools i went to with Red (or Maroon) uniforms turned out bad and blue uniforms turned out good and the principle has pretty much remained the same since.

Anybody seen the fight between Essendon and Hawthorn last week? those teams have clashed regularly since the 1980's especially when a place in the finals is on the line, Hawthorns anger is understandable since Lloyd cannoned into that Hawks player knocking him senseless.
2009 fight
2004 "Line in the Sand" brawl

#15 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:14 AM

Poor buggar's down and dreaming of pixies and they're brawling... What's wrong with this picture??? :nonono: I think this is why I don't watch alot of footy these days.

I have a dark green Nissan Pulsar - lovely car, even if it is over 10yrs old, great on petrol to, I filled my tank for $45 and it lasted me about 2 months, and I did do alot of driving...

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#16 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:04 AM

Fights are rare in AFL football compared to Rugby or Soccer etc besides AFL is becoming alot like Netball each and every day, can't touch the arms or jumper punch and you can't run the ball over for a rushed behind to setup an attacking play etc

Oh great, my brother has returned from being at his friends house for the last two weeks or however long he decided to be there for, I wish he stayed there because there is more food, more internet, more everything without him around also his choice of music doesn't drown out anything i attempt to hear.

#17 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:35 AM

sevnson, whats wrong with vegemite? Maybe you use too much on your toast.

Dad was always a 'Ford' man, Ford Falcon, Ford Cortina etc, etc, etc..... and always red... even if it wasn't red, he'd paint it red. Red, red, red, red, red... <_<

So you got sick of red? I don't mind red as a colour but I can see why you may not want to own a red car. :)

I prefer Navy Blue coloured cars, love that colour it has always brought me great fortune well most of the time anyway like when i went to school the schools i went to with Red (or Maroon) uniforms turned out bad and blue uniforms turned out good and the principle has pretty much remained the same since.

I like Navy Blue as a colour.

I have a dark green Nissan Pulsar - lovely car, even if it is over 10yrs old, great on petrol to, I filled my tank for $45 and it lasted me about 2 months, and I did do alot of driving...

I have a Nissan Pulsar!!!! It is burgundy and is 11yrs old. A tank of petrol lasts me about 6 weeks. It hasn't let me down yet and I have had it for 4 years. :thumbsup:

Edited by Elf, 02 September 2009 - 08:41 AM.

"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"

#18 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:37 AM

1986 Pontiac Trans Am is my families car and an 1987 Landcruiser (I think), the Trans Am is lovely on the road although it's power means it stays with the home Bar in the garage alot than on the road.

The Landcruiser got picked up for $2,500 folks won it on eBay with a five second to go bid needs some work but it looks like a good interstate travelling vehicle.

#19 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:32 PM

A friend won a 2000 Ford KA on ebay a few years ago. He flew up to Sydney and drove it back to Tas.
"You wanna shoot a bug?"

#20 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

When we got the Trans Am we thought about flying to Albury to pick it up and drive it to Queensland but we got told transporting it was a better option, would of been an interesting ride though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users