• This topic is locked This topic is locked
999 replies to this topic

#981 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:55 PM

The good news is that John-Paul Langbroek is being seen alot more which is good because you need to see the opposition leader out and about but unfortunately he doesn't exactly have a name that sticks in the mind he is often known as 'that guy' but yes the ALP should of been out of office in Queensland about four years ago.

Well, maybe now Labour will go!

Anyhow what is the major problem with the below ad? I see nothing wrong with it at all and it is good to see the NBL back on free to air TV and also good to see the Sydney Kings return now if Brisbane Bullets return in 2011/12 season the competition be back on track
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1jQe9dw6WY"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=p1jQe9dw6WY[/url]

I heard something on the news the other day but I wasn't paying much attention. What's the issue with this ad?

First Settlement Festival is on today, which means an invasion from outworlders, and the noisy speedboat regatta!!! So, that means I'll have go pop up to the shops before I can't get out of my driveway!

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#982 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

Anyhow what is the major problem with the below ad? I see nothing wrong with it at all and it is good to see the NBL back on free to air TV and also good to see the Sydney Kings return now if Brisbane Bullets return in 2011/12 season the competition be back on track
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1jQe9dw6WY"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=p1jQe9dw6WY[/url]

Mwahahaha! Funny and soooo politically incorrect! "Don't try this at home, kids!"

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#983 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

The bed scene is the whole issue some people think it implies something.

Other people have jokingly said that it could be offensive to garden gnomes (first house casualty), starving people (player wiping out all that food), white basketballers (portrayed as destroying the home) and cheerleaders (being everywhere in a family home).

#984 Kirok

Kirok

Publishing and Media Director, Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:47 PM

Well, the twist is that it doesnt start out as a Trek fan film. I'm looking at producing it in WA, as that's where all my crewmates are.

I didn't actually hear you say something about a Star Trek fan film in Australia did I? :blink:

It's fun to meet people who you chat with on this forum. I still remember the convention that Kirok, Vol & I met up for almost, gosh ... 3 years ago?

Even further back, 2006! I haven't heard from Vol since SciFiStudios went under but Jacqui is a beautiful young lady now (with a boy friend) who still likes going to cons...

Posted Image

That was SupaNova, Sydney this year, the album is HERE

Conflux 3 was the peak for that con, it went downhill in later years so that is now just a minor melbourne LitCon.

Unless there's a con in Brissy, I don't think I'll be catching up with the rest of the Aussie contingent! public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Brisbane works for me! I've got other reasons to visit - Mum & Dad have retired to tweed Heads, just over the border - Pick one of the big cons like SupaNova or Armageddon at Brisbane and we could see how much a table is there...

or even better run a mini-con the Friday before at one of the local services clubs. Dinner, show a fan movie, panel discussion, invite personality... plan ahead and we could run a neat little event that would dovetail with the larger convention to get people in who might be coming interstate for it. Something similar to this which was done in conjunction with the Melbourne WorldCon (Sep 2-6)...

THE AUSTRALIAN HORROR WRITERS ASSOCIATION (AHWA) in conjunction with Aussiecon
4, will be hosting The Nightmare Ball on Friday 3rd September, from 9pm to
midnight in the Banquet Hall (Room 201) Melbourne Convention Centre. They invite
you to pursue your wildest dreams and face your deepest fears in the best
possible way: behind a mask. Diverse refreshments, door prize and prizes for
Best Mask and Best ensemble offered. You don't have to be a member of Aussiecon
4 or the AWHA to attend. Tickets bought in advance by Aussiecon and AHWA members
$30. Non-members and at-the-door tickets $40

...or just have pizza together if you don't feel up to the stress of putting something special on!

Cheers

K

Latest releases !!! ~ March 11 - HFO Personal Logs 2 ~ March 19 - PD Smith-Tales From the Fleet 01 : Species 571 ~ March 11 - Bruffy-NovaTrek06 : A Tale Of Two Captains, Pt 2 ~
Kirok of L'Stok - Director of Media ..... "I love deadlines! I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by!" - Douglas Adams

Posted Image

#985 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

I didn't actually hear you say something about a Star Trek fan film in Australia did I? :blink:

Yeap ... it is a logistical nightmare though. I'm still working through all of the finer points!

Even further back, 2006! I haven't heard from Vol since SciFiStudios went under but Jacqui is a beautiful young lady now (with a boy friend) who still likes going to cons...

Oh, wow!!! That long ago...

...or just have pizza together if you don't feel up to the stress of putting something special on!

Sounds good :)

#986 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:15 PM

I'm trying to figure out how to get the old TU Australia logo to a t-shirt, I like retro shirts like got a Mighty Ducks shirt and a Young Talent Time shirt so a Trekunited Australia shirt be nice to add to the collection, anybody got any ideas how to get one done?.

Well we're almost at Part Nine now, wonder who will get to set it I think I've done about six of them and and the others were done by guests, whoever gets to do the new one just remember every part starts speech like or philosophical towards getting to Part Ten and then go into the usual conversation like usual.

#987 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:56 PM

The bed scene is the whole issue some people think it implies something.

Other people have jokingly said that it could be offensive to garden gnomes (first house casualty), starving people (player wiping out all that food), white basketballers (portrayed as destroying the home) and cheerleaders (being everywhere in a family home).

Well, I don't think it's worth the drama, I didn't think it was that good an ad! I've seen better...

Brisbane works for me! I've got other reasons to visit - Mum & Dad have retired to tweed Heads, just over the border - Pick one of the big cons like SupaNova or Armageddon at Brisbane and we could see how much a table is there...

or even better run a mini-con the Friday before at one of the local services clubs. Dinner, show a fan movie, panel discussion, invite personality... plan ahead and we could run a neat little event that would dovetail with the larger convention to get people in who might be coming interstate for it. Something similar to this which was done in conjunction with the Melbourne WorldCon (Sep 2-6)...

That sounds like a really good idea (don't be putting ideas in my head! Posted Image ), only problem is that there aren't that many cons planned for Brisbane. I've only seen one coming up in the next 12 months and it's a 'Twilight' convention, which I don't think would interest me.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the old TU Australia logo to a t-shirt, I like retro shirts like got a Mighty Ducks shirt and a Young Talent Time shirt so a Trekunited Australia shirt be nice to add to the collection, anybody got any ideas how to get one done?.

Sorry, AT, I have no-idea how to help ya there!

Well we're almost at Part Nine now, wonder who will get to set it I think I've done about six of them and and the others were done by guests, whoever gets to do the new one just remember every part starts speech like or philosophical towards getting to Part Ten and then go into the usual conversation like usual.

If it's me, I think my intro would be very bland...

Well, the festival looked like it was a bit of a flop! Not that many people after all, but I guess the weather probably put people off, that and there was another fesitval in the city. And the speedboat race was changed this year, it was further out and futher down, so the noise wasn't too instrusive, and it didn't run as long, but I saw on the news this morning that 2 boats flipped so I think they finished it early.

Another dreay day... I would like to see blue sky again...

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#988 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:02 PM

AT - I think I can help you ... let me get in & out of hospital, and I'll reply with more detail :).

it is a deary day isn't it pauline!? good rain though :)

#989 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:05 PM

AT - I think I can help you ... let me get in & out of hospital, and I'll reply with more detail Posted Image.

You OK?

it is a deary day isn't it pauline!? good rain though Posted Image

And cold! I hate the cold... Yes, it's good rain indeed!

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#990 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

Yesterdays weather was so dreary I ended up watching Beverley Hills Cop I, II and III on Foxtel as well as some Indycar Racing that i found on ESPN looks like Australia's Will Power will be Indycar Champion in two weeks if he finishes ahead of Dario Franchitti the bad news is that Will's best oval track finish is a third (yesterdays race) whilst Dario has been a Indy 500 winner amongst other races so that's how high the stakes are.

#991 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:27 PM

You OK?

Yeah, just a minor procedure ... be out by tomorrow morning :).

And cold! I hate the cold...

tis a bit chilly!!

#992 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:59 AM

I found this place online called Vistaprint that does shirts for $24, decided to give it a try and see what happens probably nothing too cool but we'll see
for the writing i had "Aussie Trekkie #254" the number symbolizing being the 254th member here which I nearly forgot until a saw a three years ago picture of a t-shirt concept and thought that it would do rather nicely.

Was doing some looking on Facebook at the fan production Excalibur and came across Yorktown: A Time to Heal at http://www.facebook....151211704904054 and by the looks of it this 80's effort was very serious stuff pretty much Phase II before it's time in terms of support and apparently they are trying to finish it too, hopefully it goes well.

#993 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

Yeah, just a minor procedure ... be out by tomorrow morning Posted Image.

So, how ya doing?

tis a bit chilly!!

Ah, but the sun is out today! Well, it's trying too. Lets hope that is the last of the rain for a while!

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#994 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

Showers predicted until the weekend, there are a few raindrops falling outside at this moment too.

#995 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:12 PM

Don't tell me that, AT! Posted Image I'm sick of the rain... Posted Image

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#996 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

At least the vegie gardens are growing rapidly with the rain that is one piece of good news and now it appears the sun is trying to make an appearance outside now hopefully it does

#997 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 05:52 PM

So, how ya doing?

Sore. Had a hernia repair ... and now can barely move!! Ouchie. (I'm not the patient type when it comes to these sorts of things!)

Ah, but the sun is out today! Well, it's trying too. Lets hope that is the last of the rain for a while!

I've only just woken up :)

At least the vegie gardens are growing rapidly with the rain that is one piece of good news and now it appears the sun is trying to make an appearance outside now hopefully it does

No sun out my way!! Still cloudy as all shmuch :)

#998 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

Sore. Had a hernia repair ... and now can barely move!! Ouchie. (I'm not the patient type when it comes to these sorts of things!)

Ouchie, indeed! Well, hope you get better real fast. Posted Image

No sun out my way!! Still cloudy as all shmuch Posted Image

Yaeah, the suns disappeared! Looks like rains gonna settle in! Posted Image

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#999 trekzone

trekzone

Commodore

• Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:25 PM

Ouchie, indeed! Well, hope you get better real fast. Posted Image

Me too!!

#1000 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:27 PM

Yippee, we've gotten to 1000 posts and now to start Part Nine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users