Save Enterprise Petition

19 replies to this topic

#1 windsong

windsong

Special Agent - Cuteness Investigations

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:39 PM

Of all the cheek making it a read only thread when the votes are still coming in.

In fact another 65 since the last time I looked at the beginning of the month so we are now at 21,447 thank you very much!
CERTIFIED CONNORSEUR

European Recovery Group for Late Night Chats - sleeping partner zzzzzzzzz

Whether you're soar away sun or BBC 1, Misinformation is a weapon of mass destruction
You could be a Caucasian or a poor Asian, Racism is a weapon of mass destruction
Whether inflation or globalization, Fear is a weapon of mass destruction
Whether Halliburton or Enron or anyone, Greed is a weapon of mass destruction
We need to find courage, overcome,Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction

Faithless 2004

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

http://www.petitiono...D/petition.html

It was touch and go, whether it would continue there for a while. But a few weeks back, I updated the notice at the top of page anyhow.

UPDATED > > The wording of the petition below cannot be altered. However signatures will continue to be accepted. We hope CBS Studios will notice this petition and accept it in the spirit it was intended. Please REVIVE Enterprise, REUNITE the cast for a DVD movie or mini-series, exploiting the current resurgence of interest following JJ Abrams' 2009 smash hit motion picture. Remember to provide your REAL NAME together with STATE and COUNTRY only because these details can be seen online. In an effort to prevent spamming, include your email address. Each signature has to be manually accepted; therefore your name will not appear immediately. - - - - - - - - - - VIEW Direct-to-DVD Videos > www.youtube.com/user/ENTERPRISENX01 - - - - NEW Novel > www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Enterprise-Romulan-Beneath/dp/143910798X WRITE > Mr. Leslie Moonves, President & C.E.O., CBS Television Studios, 4024 Radford Ave, Studio City CA 91604 U.S.A. - - - Contact: saveenterprise@btinternet.com

I've been meaning to ask you, Windsong. Since it's still ongoing and has been picking up steam since the quiet times.

I could use a second guy to help out, log in to the petition and review incoming signatures every once in a while.

There's nothing to it really. I tend to approve them every couple of days or so. Even another set of eyes looking out for trouble could be handy. Deleting obviously fraudulent signatures or joke names, that kind of thing. There used to be somebody else, but that was ages ago.

PM if you're at all interested and I'll provide an access URL. Same goes for anyone else from the old SE gang.

#3 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

Tom, it's probably best to pin this thread, until the majority opinion within SE is to close.

#4 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

*Dusts off mod powers.* It's been awhile, but they still work. Pinned it for you, CP. :)

#5 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:01 PM

Cheers, EE. Great to see you haven't lost the knack. :thumbsup:

#6 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 02:22 AM

Okay, so on a whim I thought I'd check the latest figure which is 21 786, up 339 since last report. Still steady.... And still rising...

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#7 windsong

windsong

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:24 PM

I just checked again too - it's still climbing!! I thought I'd lost this thread so will check in more regularly now it's back.
CERTIFIED CONNORSEUR

Whether you're soar away sun or BBC 1, Misinformation is a weapon of mass destruction
You could be a Caucasian or a poor Asian, Racism is a weapon of mass destruction

Faithless 2004

#8 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:52 AM

So, in 1 and 1/2 weeks the signatures have climbed by another 52. It now stands at 21838. Not Bad...

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#9 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 05:23 PM

Just so everybody is aware....

the petition will be closing up shop at the end of the month.

It's been going for something like 4 years now and that actually feels a hell of a lot longer to me.

I'm keen to move on from regularly checking in to review the names, the majority of which don't leave an email address... something of a loophole in what I always intended to be an honestly run campaign. Let's just say I've become more than a little jaded about how worthwhile the effort has been.

If somebody wants to set up and admin their own petition, that's fair enough. I wish them the best of it.

#10 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 08:30 PM

I would have kept this petition. Maybe we could develop a new, adapted (appropiate to our present time/situation) version of such a petition. Could be connecten to Pauline's video's.

Correction : could be connected to video's of Pauline.

#11 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:49 PM

It's been going for something like 4 years now and that actually feels a hell of a lot longer to me.

I'm keen to move on from regularly checking in to review the names, the majority of which don't leave an email address... something of a loophole in what I always intended to be an honestly run campaign. Let's just say I've become more than a little jaded about how worthwhile the effort has been.

If somebody wants to set up and admin their own petition, that's fair enough. I wish them the best of it.

That's a shame CP. I would offer to help but I've got a lot on my plate right now... I may be able to help down the line though. It would be a shame to loose this as more and more people are coming on board wanting Enterprise to return.

In saying that though, I fully understand and support your decision...

Good luck with whatever endeavor you find yourself on...

I would have kept this petition. Maybe we could develop a new, adapted (appropiate to our present time/situation) version of such a petition. Could be connecten to Pauline's video's.

Correction : could be connected to video's of Pauline.

It's an interesting thought raptor. Any ideas on how this could work? I'll try and put some ideas together to see if we can formulate something...

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#12 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 11:15 AM

:( This saddens me, but I understand your reasoning, Chris.

Well, it's been a hell of a ride.

#13 The_Middleman

The_Middleman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:13 PM

CP:

The petition was a great idea at the time and don't think for a minute that CBS didn't notice. Just because they did not respond to the two mailings of the petition that were done, doesn't mean they ignored it. When it was sent last year with over 20,000 signatures in a bound book of several hundred pages, someone had to take notice. Like most corporations, CBS has plans for its assets, such as Star Trek (but god only knows what they are thinking) and one day our favorite franchise will return to TV in some form or another. Take heart in knowing that what you people have done here over the years, will help shape what ever it is CBS does. Good Job!

Happy holidays to you all!

#14 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:26 PM

^Well put.

#15 windsong

windsong

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:01 AM

Well there sig count is at 21981 - and that's another 143 since 10th December - not bad for something that is closing down (shame we couldn't get it to 22,000!). Well done to all concerned oevr the years and thanks to CP for looking after it!!!
CERTIFIED CONNORSEUR

Faithless 2004

#16 Vulcanfanatic

Vulcanfanatic

Federation President and Proud SE member, despiser of TU Managem

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

SaveEnterprise was doomed back in 2005 when certain unnamed individuals here threw the SaveEnterprise.com forums and all of the committed folks there under the bus and focused all of their energy into TrekUnited in a self serving quest for their own glory and notariety. Its been a year and a half since i visited this board, so i came back to see if this place had evolved into something more than it was back in 2008 when i last visited briefly. After scanning through the forums, i am not surprised to find that the Countdown bullies are still here, that folks are still talking about what color of underwear they have on and while the look of the forum has changed somewhat, there does not seem to be any compelling reason for any one to want to join this place and be a regular poster.
Proud member of SaveEnterprise.com, Member #8.

#17 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:26 PM

http://www.petitiono...D/petition.html

It was touch and go, whether it would continue there for a while. But a few weeks back, I updated the notice at the top of page anyhow.

I've been meaning to ask you, Windsong. Since it's still ongoing and has been picking up steam since the quiet times.

I could use a second guy to help out, log in to the petition and review incoming signatures every once in a while.

There's nothing to it really. I tend to approve them every couple of days or so. Even another set of eyes looking out for trouble could be handy. Deleting obviously fraudulent signatures or joke names, that kind of thing. There used to be somebody else, but that was ages ago.

PM if you're at all interested and I'll provide an access URL. Same goes for anyone else from the old SE gang.

May i ask whats the status of this petition? Is paramount considering season 5 on dvd? the date on this post is 2009 and i only recently found trek united. had i known this was around when enterprise was cancelled i would have been more active in trying to save it. i suppose im just curious what the status of the petition is and if u have ny info on if theres ny plans to continue the series on dvd? i know that there are books out there and videos from members. ny info u could provide would be great. thanx

Steven

#18 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

I believe the petition was shut down some time ago. We did get many thousands of signatures, and we did send it to CBS, but to no avail.

#19 The_Middleman

The_Middleman

Petty Officer 3rd Class

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:12 PM

I believe the petition was shut down some time ago. We did get many thousands of signatures, and we did send it to CBS, but to no avail.

That's right, the petition went out some time in 2008 I believe with over 20,000 signatures. It had a cover letter signed by you and I and it was printed and bound. Unfortunatly, we didn't hear a peep from CBS. Oh well, It made me feel good sending it.I still have the PDF version.

Edited by The_Middleman, 29 November 2011 - 03:13 PM.

#20 DresdedCain

DresdedCain

Crewman

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

Too bad. Had I known it was around back then, I would have proudly signed it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users