MGM is Delaying Stargate Movies

1 reply to this topic

#1 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:30 PM

The scripts for the two upcoming straight-to-DVD Stargate movies have been finished. But MGM has decided to postpone the production of the two films, because of the state of the economy. While the SG-1 movie does not yet have a title, the Atlantis movie has the working title of Stargate: Extinction.

Click here for the news story: http://www.gateworld...tlantis-movies/

------

If you ask me, it sounds like MGM is using the economic situation as an excuse to explain why they don't want to produce the movies right now. It almost seems like deja vu. One of the main reasons of why Stargate Atlantis was canceled was that MGM wanted to produce the straight-to-DVD movies. And now they're getting cold feet. I mean, the economic situation is bad now, but it probably won't be after the movies are filmed. I say film them now, and if the economy doesn't look any brighter when they're finished, just delay the release.
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 Kyle Nin

Kyle Nin

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 7,377 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:14 PM

Production on the two Stargate movies still hasn't begun, but they have released the name for the third SG-1 movie - Stargate: Revolution.

Click here for the news story: http://www.gateworld...ate-revolution/
Posted Image
Leverage -- Season 5 on DVD Coming September 17th

"The numbers are bad! The numbers are bad!" -- Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, Lost - Season 1
"Boone's death was a sacrifice that the island demanded." -- John Locke, Lost - Season 2
"When was it you lost your imagination, son?" -- Dr. Walter Bishop, Fringe - Season 1

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users