• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1014 replies to this topic

#1 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

Terilynn, Young Ensign Redshirt and Riker were all transported in front of brick building surrounded by a protective bubble. They looked around to see the wicked-looking atmosphere held at bay by the force-field. Another look out revealed large lakes of hydrocarbon fading into the thick atmosphere of nitrogen, methane and ethane. Terilynn smiled when she realized the bar has been placed on a sandy shoreline.

"It's a beach all right – but not the kind we'll be able to play on."

There was no mistaking their position in the universe – they had been moved to Saturn VI – known to most Terrans as Titan – Saturn's largest moon.

Terilynn smiled again when she noticed a blue neon sign jetting out from the front of the brick building. The sign had wings extending from an insignia that read 602 Club.

"What do you know," she gasped, "the NX project's home bar. I guess it's about time to pay homage to Archer and his gang."

"I'd say so," Riker agreed and moved into the bar. YER followed him directly.

Inside, all was as it should have been - clean, simple tables surrounded a streamlined bar. The Captains' belongings were suitably placed on a shelf behind the bar. The jukebox sat in a corner with Zephram's statuette above it, still holding an ancient quarter aloft. Another set of shelves held items from previous Ten Forward incarnations – a stuffed alligator, a stuffed targ named Saj, coconuts, leis, a small death-ray beam, a model of a viper…and something new...

Terilynn moved in to pick up two simple embroidered patches. The first was round and contained the representation of the NX-01 and merely said Enterprise. The second was triangular and contained the figure of a Terran shark. It read MACO. She set them back into a more prominent position upon the shelf.

"For the eighteen," she whispered then moved herself behind the bar to help get it ready for their first customers.

Edited by Terilynn, 09 August 2009 - 02:05 PM.

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:08 PM

*A viper pierces the gloomy clouds and glides over the bizarre landscape before entering the bubble around the new bar. Edwards exits the fighter, wearing his usual Blood Elven attire, then laughs as he realizes what TL has chosen.* TL, this bar is awesome for so, so many different reasons.

*Runs behind viper and emerges wearing a navy blue jumpsuit.*

*Enters bar and sits down.* Now, where's Ruby?

#3 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

She's right here EE - She's said she'd be happy to lend a hand!

Posted Image

#4 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

Enterprise is laaaame.

I can only make it through this bar by imagining we are in the Cowboy Bebop universe.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#5 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

Enterprise is laaaame.

I can only make it through this bar by imagining we are in the Cowboy Bebop universe.

*terilynn walks up to Apoca and puts her arms over his shoulders. First she gently kisses his cheek, then slaps his face curtly.*

There will be no dissing of the NX-01 or her crew, is that understood? *she bends down to assure her high-heeled bootz are securely fastened* Or else these heels can end up in very unusual places.

Where's my crop?

*Riker whistles and she turns to see him holding it with a smile.*

Oh! There it is. *She kisses Apoca one more time.* Now behave, I have to go...over there.... Damn it's good to be out of that horrific old dress! *She runs to Riker behind the bar and they disappear.*

#6 shinkai

shinkai

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:26 PM

I'm craving raspberry lemonade.

I dig the new setting, but I also like the Cowboy Bebop idea. Maybe the next one? But that's a long ways off yet...

Edited by shinkai, 09 August 2009 - 04:27 PM.

"Darkness is a shroud, and the earth is in stillness,
For he who made them rests in his horizon."
-from Akhenaten's Great Hymn to the Aten

#7 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:36 PM

Only 50 pages or so shinkai!

*slides her a raspberry lemonade.*

*sips her own beer*

#8 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

Woah. Cool place to be. It's begging for awesome music.

*Barbara glides over to the juke box and picks out one of her favorite Floyd tunes.*

Breathe, breathe in the air.
Don't be afraid to care.
Leave, don't leave me.
Look around and choose your own ground.

Long you live and high you fly
Smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
All you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.

Run, rabbit run.
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave.

Just a pink lemonade for me please. I'm too thirsty. Ate a sweet potato for lunch and a couple of cookies. Why did that make me thirsty?
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#9 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

is it just me or did things just shift around in TU? *looks around for future guy*

#10 Barbara

Barbara

Working My Way Up to Awesome

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

I'd like to know where the Pink D2 is, oh, and the pool table, ..... hey, and where are my brownies?

*Looks in barrel and spots Frootloops piled high to the top - but in strange colors - baby blue? magenta??? brown????*

Well, these made it - strange looking, but they made it.
President, P.U.T. Procrastinators Unite Tomorrow
The bend in the road is not the end of the road unless you fail to make the turn.
Mac Anderson

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17

#11 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:40 PM

I'd like to know where the Pink D2 is, oh, and the pool table, ..... hey, and where are my brownies?

*Looks in barrel and spots Frootloops piled high to the top - but in strange colors - baby blue? magenta??? brown????*

Well, these made it - strange looking, but they made it.

Pool table's in the back room, right next to the dabo wheel. Brownies? *points to the west wall* Over there near the table where we set up the morning bagels, You'll find Pink2 and RoboCup right next that.

#12 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:57 PM

I dig the new setting, but I also like the Cowboy Bebop idea. Maybe the next one? But that's a long ways off yet...

If we do a Cowboy Bebop bar, it'll probably be on Mars or something. Unless you wanna cram everyone onto the Bebop.
Plus Titan is not a very nice place in that universe.

I think 19 has some significance in the Dark Tower series. I'm betting fasty and Melvin will push for that.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#13 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

If we do a Cowboy Bebop bar, it'll probably be on Mars or something. Unless you wanna cram everyone onto the Bebop.
Plus Titan is not a very nice place in that universe.

I think 19 has some significance in the Dark Tower series. I'm betting fasty and Melvin will push for that.

It's also a Steely Dan song I'm rather fond of.

I really need to read a bunch of stuff...

#14 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:29 PM

I'm craving raspberry lemonade.

The next one has to be Dark Tower related.

It does, and they will.
Posted Image

#15 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:33 PM

I now must find an even better idea for 19 so that this Dark Tower thing will not happen.
-The Tick

#16 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:34 PM

This seems like a good opportunity to mention that I have no idea what Cowboy Bebop is.

#17 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:35 PM

Just about the only anime show that's worth watching.
-The Tick

#18 Melvin

Melvin

Eternal Pretend Dollar Debtor

• Members
  • 11,581 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:49 PM

What the phlox significance does 19 have to Cowboy Bebop?
My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die. -Bob Marley
The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole
Experience teaches us that silence terrifies people the most. -Bob Dylan
Everyone dies but not everyone lives. -A. Sachs
This is the way the world ends / Not with a bang, but with a whimper -T.S. Eliot
The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I? Light up the darkness. -Bob Marley

A ship in the harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

#19 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 08:54 PM

Nothing, but Titan does and we were discussing Cowboy Bebop. We're getting to high enough numbers now where we're not going to always have a correlation between the number and the bar.
-The Tick

#20 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 09:25 PM

I'm doing the next one.
Dark Tower related.
Unless melvin wants to, he's a better writer but I think...well, I have a bit more knowledge bout the tower universe and whatnot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users