• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1014 replies to this topic

#901 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:50 AM

Up early with the kid...finishing his homework before school. What a way to start the day...bummer.

Loopy...I had a very similar situation in my senior year of HS...you will end up befriending someone from your class. Remember, you have known a lot of them your whole life...so you have a bunch in common...just be friendly.

Did raptor go away again?

Have a nice trip to the Cape, Bill. Skies are blue here.

coffee...as usual...please.
"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#902 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:26 AM

I'll just have a glass of water please. I can't get noticied for phloxey nothing. The guys at the guitar place - 3 of them - hey, girl, nice hair. That's cool. But can I get in to see the human resources chick at any of the entertainment venues? Nope. Can't get a single person to notice I even exist.
Walked into a bar to get directions in Austin Sunday evening. And. Was. Carded. I was like, "excuse me?" But the little phloxey turd was serious. So I showed him my ID shaking my head I'm sure. I said, "dude, I just want directions." Strange city, Austin texas.....

Hey nice hair! :P I usually say thank you when I get carded now. It means they think you look under 30.

Sigh. Not the way I wanted my Dad's life to end up being like. I wanted him to be happy and comfortable - but he never will be because he thinks he's able to drive and able to think straight...geez - with double hearing aids he can't even hear - we still have to raise our voices. Last week he thought a woman who had been dead for 30 years was calling my mother. And looked at me strangely when I told him so. And he thinks he's OK TO DRIVE? we've now parked the truck behind his car in the garage so he can't leave. Next up? disabling the stupid thing altogether.
This is not going well. Right in the middle of work hell too. *cries.*

Sorry I couldn't quote the whole post on the idiotPhone, I'll fix it later. But obviously what you are doing is for his protection, don't second guess it. I can't leave my dad alone for the same reason. He forgets where he is, what year it is, who died and who didn't etc. Every evening without fail he asks where my mom is when I put him to bed. Yeah that one hurts. My one saving grace is he is fully aware of the fact he shouldn't be driving because of his eyes. At least you have hubby to lean on for support TL.
*edit
Also if your mom doesn't drive the car yes disable it. If she does, feign a breakdown or something and have a starter cut-off installed, then make sure she and you are the only ones with the remote to enable it. Better than having him get lost in the desert somewhere because he forgot his way home. I'm sorry to be so blunt but it is one of those sometimes harsh realities attached to family growing older; sometimes you have to be the parent, especially if dementia or Alzheimer's is kicking in.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#903 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:13 AM

I'll cry along with you TL. Things aren't going well here either. *pours TL a romulan ale and makes it a double*

:hug: :hug:

Morning All, Evening to the rest in all those other time zones.

I'm working down at Cape Cod for the next 2 days,so I shall be MIA.
Weather is supposed to be awesome, just wish I had time to enjoy myself while I am there.

Large travel mug to go Pink2, need my coffee for the road.

Evening Bill, have a safe trip.

Up early with the kid...finishing his homework before school. What a way to start the day...bummer.

Loopy...I had a very similar situation in my senior year of HS...you will end up befriending someone from your class. Remember, you have known a lot of them your whole life...so you have a bunch in common...just be friendly.

Did raptor go away again?

Have a nice trip to the Cape, Bill. Skies are blue here.

coffee...as usual...please.

The kid doesn't do their own homework? :unsure:

I haven't seen raptor for a while now.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#904 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:21 AM

I'm here to say that life itself doesn't suck - just certain aspects of it.

What she said.

@frooty: I'd like to be able to say or do something to make you feel better, but beyond offering simple palliatives (yeah, I'm bringing out the big words :P), I don't think there's anything I can do, and I don't think those would do much good. For what it's worth, I wish I could be of help.

He has been coming around very little as of late.

#905 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:29 AM

Hey I see raptor what are you guys talking about :P
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#906 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:05 AM

The kid doesn't do their own homework? :unsure:

"With" the son...HE didn't finish His homework...even with the extra time this morning...grrrr....

Hey I see raptor what are you guys talking about :P

Ahhh...he has his cloaking device activated again....

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#907 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

That Genesis song is still stuck in my head, and I'm pretty sure I've listened to it at least a couple dozen times sine Apoca posted it.
Posted Image

#908 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:38 PM

Heres one for the jukebox...I know some of you might not like it, but its pretty much my mood right now.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wVC1iBVnKJk

Bleh. Im gonna go to work.

#909 trekkin'

trekkin'

• Global Moderators
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:00 PM

*enters Ten Forward with his clown band and starts playing "Hot 'N' Cold"*

Yay!! Ukies!! *thinks of all the drunk Ukies she served at Verkhovyna*

Eeeeeew. *puts a decent song in the jukebox queue*
I only kid. That's not a half bad song even though it isn't my style. But in honor of your choice I opted for a similar song; this one also has contradictory lyrics. Yaaaay music!

I liked the Ukies better...but I'll let you slide...Don't go trying to post that Sussidio song, though. Phil the Pill!

fasty...didn't have time to listen...later.

#910 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:41 PM

I had listened to four albums before I stopped. I believe I barely started the fifth one, as well.

The fourth was the best. I don't think you thought so but any Led Zeppelin fan would agree with me. Pretty much every song is one of their hits.

I don't have MSN at the moment. Maybe I'll get it at some point.

I have pidgin so I'm on AIM too. Don't think I have you though. Also I'm not on all the time.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#911 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:54 PM

Where is Raptor ? An interesting question, even from his point of view...
He normally drops in/drops out a few times a day at Ten Forward. Let's say he's present, but that he does not always post. In the Old Days (before june 2008), he posted very rarely, but barmistress Teri-with-the-boots-from-New-Mexico-until-Connet(t)icut(t) waked him up and "seduced" him into this bar-thread.

Raptor would like to say/do something to encourage Frooty...

Babs mailed that she's OK but busy with video stuff.

#912 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:31 PM

I have pidgin so I'm on AIM too. Don't think I have you though.

Nevermind, I looked it up on your profile.

Hey, raptor.
Off to do other things now.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#913 Allee

Allee

Just Another Member with Over 3000 Posts

• Members
  • 3,132 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

Eeeeeew. *puts a decent song in the jukebox queue*
I only kid. That's not a half bad song even though it isn't my style. But in honor of your choice I opted for a similar song; this one also has contradictory lyrics. Yaaaay music!

Ok, I almost fell over. We don't agree on anything - except that Boba Fett kicks ass, but who doesn't know that?! - was afraid to click, but did it anyway, you have surprised me. (Unless it isn't really you. . . :fear: )

Walked into a bar to get directions in Austin Sunday evening. And. Was. Carded. I was like, "excuse me?" But the little phloxey turd was serious. So I showed him my ID shaking my head I'm sure. I said, "dude, I just want directions." Strange city, Austin texas.....

Yeah, but when you're 80 you are so gonna love it when people think you're only (well, I don't know how old you are, so you do the math for me). I'm working with a "10 - 15 year younger-looking" gene. (Girl at Walmart looked at me funny for buying One-A-Day Women's vitamins and asked how old I was, told her 33 - because I was at the time - and she said, "Oh, I thought you were like 19." :nod: Okay, I'll take that.)

Sigh. Not the way I wanted my Dad's life to end up being like. I wanted him to be happy and comfortable - but he never will be because he thinks he's able to drive and able to think straight...geez - with double hearing aids he can't even hear - we still have to raise our voices. Last week he thought a woman who had been dead for 30 years was calling my mother. And looked at me strangely when I told him so. And he thinks he's OK TO DRIVE? we've now parked the truck behind his car in the garage so he can't leave. Next up? disabling the stupid thing altogether.

My mom had her license taken away for a year because she was having seizures after brain surgery. (There's a year waiting period before you can drive again.) Don't you know, the woman was driving around when we were at work, WITHOUT a license. She kept pretending like she wasn't doing it, but my sister saw her driving around. Oh and the brain surgery - she had a tumor removed, which has totally effected her reasoning (go figure - not that it was stellar beforehand) and her memory. Sometimes she will say something about maybe not driving anymore, but then if you say something about it she gets defensive and tells you she's fine. Oh, here's one more good one. She claimed her brakes didn't work and wanted me to go with her to take the car in. She wanted me to drive in front of her so in case she couldn't stop, she would hit me instead of a stranger! :unsure: She actually said that.

So here you go dear. :hug:
And good luck with things.
Help make Pauline America's Next Author! http://www.ebookmall...hor/pauline-mac

Posted Image

#914 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:12 PM

*Makes his morning coffee*

"With" the son...HE didn't finish His homework...even with the extra time this morning...grrrr....

Ah ok, I must have miss read your post before. He doesn't do homework the night before?

He normally drops in/drops out a few times a day at Ten Forward. Let's say he's present, but that he does not always post. In the Old Days (before june 2008), he posted very rarely, but barmistress Teri-with-the-boots-from-New-Mexico-until-Connet(t)icut(t) waked him up and "seduced" him into this bar-thread.

Hi raptor. You where seduced by TL? Does her hubby know? :P
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#915 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:26 PM

Ok, I almost fell over. We don't agree on anything - except that Boba Fett kicks ass, but who doesn't know that?! - was afraid to click, but did it anyway, you have surprised me. (Unless it isn't really you. . . :fear: )

My music taste is easy to predict. If it was made in the 80s you can pretty safely assume I like it. 70s is hit and miss. Classic rock and 80s pop.
Also, everyone likes Genesis.

And why does everyone say they never agree with me?
-The Tick

#916 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:31 PM

Allee is back!
Yay!

On that note, where is Kora'Tor?
Hmm.

I'm listening to Jimi Hendrix, comtemplating life and the universe and our places in it. Why god can do something and we as man care to second guess him. like. idk. phlox.
so, whats up guys? and ladies?

#917 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:01 PM

Nothing so philosophical. Although, for the record, god doesn't exist. :P
-The Tick

#918 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

What is this devilry?
Posted Image

#919 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

Most people in my grade won't talk to me except in passing when we happen to be hanging out in the same place. The handful of exceptions are people I've been friends with since fifth grade and they're for the most part boring as hell.

@frooty: I'd like to be able to say or do something to make you feel better, but beyond offering simple palliatives (yeah, I'm bringing out the big words :P ), I don't think there's anything I can do, and I don't think those would do much good. For what it's worth, I wish I could be of help.

Hahaha. Big words. Uh oh!
And thanks... :)

Heres one for the jukebox...I know some of you might not like it, but its pretty much my mood right now.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wVC1iBVnKJk

Bleh. Im gonna go to work.

I like that song.

I have pidgin so I'm on AIM too. Don't think I have you though. Also I'm not on all the time.

Hey, I use pidgin too! Lol. I'm on pretty much whenever my computer is on. Which is less and less lately.

Raptor would like to say/do something to encourage Frooty...

Babs mailed that she's OK but busy with video stuff.

I've been missing Raptor too. How've you been?

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#920 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

Raptor is feeling well. He actually woke up from sleep at 3 AM, "chased" and catched a few mosquitos, opened up TU and wrote this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users