• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1014 replies to this topic

#41 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:30 PM

I was at work today and I finally complained how the computers in there made my eyes hurt quite a bit. So I was trying to figure out how to dim the screen... my mom had to show me how because the computer was so old. There were these buttons on the back of the monitor that you used to change the brightness... I had no idea those existed. I wonder how old it is. I'm guessing mid to late nineties.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#42 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:34 PM

ooh how about my Riker?
Posted Image

Or Q?

Posted Image

Or worf?

Posted Image

Or Picard?

Posted Image

Or fainty emoticon? (especially appropriate for the Trinneer threads)

Posted Image

Or maybe this butt-spanky one:

Posted Image

I love this little beating heart

Posted Image

And this one I think I got from Hair:

Posted Image

But the one I really want to use...Nope - can't post it. :) *giggle*

We can work on updating some of them I think once the transition to the new software happens. We have a ton that are never used. As far as the one you dare not show, that must be a beaut. I have seen some pretty graphic ones too.
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#43 fastillion

fastillion

Give, Support, Do. Your actions leave a better tomorrow.

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:51 PM

I want my own column.

#44 sevnson_71

sevnson_71

TU Forum Manager - Resident killjoy

• Forum Administrators
  • 13,614 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:40 PM

I want a Porsche.
Posted Image
A real one, not a die-cast(though the die cast might get you one smiley). Has to be that color too. Get me what I want and I may be swayed :P
Posted Image

So the combination is 1-2-3-4-5. That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!- Dark Helmet; "Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils." - Gen. John Stark; "Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't, and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it." -Robert Frost; "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." - Samuel Adams, Brewer/Patriot
FORUM RULES

#45 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

I have a smiley I want to use....but I KNOW it'll never be allowed. :)

Can you PM it?

I was at work today and I finally complained how the computers in there made my eyes hurt quite a bit. So I was trying to figure out how to dim the screen... my mom had to show me how because the computer was so old. There were these buttons on the back of the monitor that you used to change the brightness... I had no idea those existed. I wonder how old it is. I'm guessing mid to late nineties.

Was it a PC or a Mac? Having the controls at the back would suggest early nineties.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

#46 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:46 PM

You could also forgo the car and just get a blog.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#47 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:19 PM

Or you could forgo the suck and go straight to...umm...
I got nothing.

Job interview tomorrow!
If I get it, I plan on moving out by september!

#48 shinkai

shinkai

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:27 PM

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new neighbor situation. On the one hand, she doesn't seem to be the party type. But on the other, I hear a lot of snooring and clunky noises. I think she folds out a bed in her living room at night, which sucks because I moved my bed into the living room to avoid hearing things like that! Hopefully she's just slow at getting her furniture- it took me a couple of months before I got what I needed.
"Darkness is a shroud, and the earth is in stillness,
For he who made them rests in his horizon."
-from Akhenaten's Great Hymn to the Aten

#49 Apocalypse

Apocalypse

The Baron, Resident Duelist

• Members
  • 13,081 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:42 PM

I'm still not sure how I feel about this new neighbor situation. On the one hand, she doesn't seem to be the party type. But on the other, I hear a lot of snooring and clunky noises. I think she folds out a bed in her living room at night, which sucks because I moved my bed into the living room to avoid hearing things like that! Hopefully she's just slow at getting her furniture- it took me a couple of months before I got what I needed.

I hope you two will have wacky sitcom hijinks.
Recent-ish blog entry: The D20-headed Knight, Chapter Six: The Prodigal Steve Returns
"Oh, come on... be reasonable. You can't destroy everything; where would you sit?"
-The Tick

#50 Terilynn

Terilynn

Black-Booted Blogging Barmistress

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:43 PM

Can you PM it?

Done

Snoring is simply the most awful noise ever. The Hubby used to rock the house - finally - upon threat of moving out he went to the docs and duh - finally came to terms with his apnea. Thing is? he never realized how bad he was until he watched 10 mins of the recording of his sleep study. Oh - the machine that helps him breathe at night is SO quite and I sleep SO well and so does he. I call it my little marriage saver.

So I feel for you shinkai - I KNOW that sometimes snoring can be horrific - even through walls.

#51 Plazmataz

Plazmataz

Purveyor of Prattle

• Members
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:48 PM

Done

Me toooooo.
Posted Image

#52 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:57 PM

Me toooooo.

Sure - apparently I have to wait 5 phloxing minutes before I can send another PM though. *headdesk* Sometimes....grrrrr.

#53 fastillion

fastillion

• Members
  • 3,628 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:58 PM

gross.

but anyways, i'm going to bed.
I have chemo tomorrow, then a concert i'm going to with melvin and some other people.
apparently, its 'not ok' that i'm making them late for the concert because of my treatment, even though i'm buying them tickets, knowing full well that i'll likely never see that money again.
so...they can suck my phloxsack and go to hell. if i make them late, too bad, i'm dying. sorry i put your life on hold whilst mine ends.
phloxers....

#54 Terilynn

Terilynn

• Members
  • 7,515 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:08 PM

Is chemo a Tuesday thing - cuz it seems like everyone I know who has chemo has it on Tuesdays.

huh.

oh - emoticon on its way.

#55 trekkin'

trekkin'

Memory is the first thing to go! :P

• Global Moderators
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:22 PM

*trekkin' appears in the bar via the chronosynclastic infundibulum..*

I have always loved Titan!!

gross.

but anyways, i'm going to bed.
I have chemo tomorrow, then a concert i'm going to with melvin and some other people.
apparently, its 'not ok' that i'm making them late for the concert because of my treatment, even though i'm buying them tickets, knowing full well that i'll likely never see that money again.
so...they can suck my phloxsack and go to hell. if i make them late, too bad, i'm dying. sorry i put your life on hold whilst mine ends.
phloxers....

:hug:
take it easy at the show...

We NEED our fasty around!!

Edited by trekkin', 10 August 2009 - 11:26 PM.

"Please, dear God, don't let me phlox up." -Shepherd's Prayer: Freedom 7

Are we ever really HERE, man?

"...death is my bread and danger my butter - oh, no, danger's my bread, and death is my butter. No, no, wait. Danger's my bread, death - no, death is - no, I'm sorry. Death is my - death and danger are my various breads and various butters. ." -Woody Allen

#56 shinkai

shinkai

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:24 PM

My friend in high school went on Mondays for his chemo. That's pretty phloxy that they're worried about that making them late.

As for the snoring thing... I'm not sure if it's her or the guy that may or may not live there. Whoever it is has a huge problem. I heard it the other night in my living room, but I'm sure they were in their bedroom then because it was louder through that part of the apartment. I've heard it even over the fan I keep on :( . I'm just glad that I don't have to hear that every night.

#57 frootlooper

frootlooper

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:27 PM

There was a girl in a different barrack than me at the fair who apparently had problems with yelling in her sleep. She did it like three times in one week.

Posted Image
I may have a... slight... addiction to froot loops.

#58 shinkai

shinkai

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:38 PM

Yelling? Wow... SO glad I've not got to deal with THAT!!

#59 raptor

raptor

Fleet Admiral

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:37 AM

Let's "restore" an "old" habit. WHISKEY FOR ELF

#60 Elf

Elf

Pick Your Own Title

• Members
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:10 AM

*Drinks whiskey*

Now I need to go and fix a friends computer.
"Give me your boot." "What for?"
"So I can squash it." "Are we allowed to squash alien life forms?"
"If they're inside your sleeping bag. There it is. Wait a minute. Where'd you put the phase pistols?"
"You wanna shoot a bug?"
"I'm just gonna stun it."- Tucker and Mayweather

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users