Posted 17 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

Hate? I don't think so. Despise?, yes.

#22 djbarney

djbarney

Petty Officer 1st Class

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:40 AM

Hello, I have not been around here for a while.

I don't think it's hate. ST does not exist separately from the rest of the world. There are still some rather nasty imperial wars going on in Iraq and Afghanistan. With Obama, more hopeful and optimistic times have arrived, but it's still relatively early days. Enterprise had themes in there inspired by 911 and the WOT. Even with Dr Phlox being ordered to torture people !

Then we have the film. An animal produced from the history of the last 10 years. I personally don't like it. Where's the light ? Why trash an entire ST Universe ? Can you imagine Star Wars being "rebooted" ? Abrahms is even quoted as saying that it leaves fan's "in a darker place". Er, no thanks.

Once the political atmosphere has changed enough the Enterprise will come back or another positive ST series. (BTW the Enterprise still flies).
Take down the Pharma conspiracy !

#23 jonathan

jonathan

Lieutenant Commander

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

tell me this, how could CBS hate a show thats been around since the 60's and is currently making them money whether its running or not. not to mention a fan base so large that the potential for future moneys is there. what the hell CBS?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users