The Future of Save Enterprise

899 replies to this topic

#881 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:29 AM

You can quote posts and reply to them in the same post. Please do so, as the process of merging them is quite irritating for us moderators.

Anyway, considering my history, it'd be the height of hypocrisy to try and dissuade anyone from saving Enterprise, but I feel I should tell you that what you're proposing is identical to what Save Enterprise tried to do (and, to a limited extent, succeeded in doing), and I find it unlikely a lot of people would be willing to try it all over again. I don't say this to discourage you; I merely wish to ensure you're in possession of all the facts.

If you want my advice, I think your time would be better doing your little bit on your own, sending and letters and keeping Enterprise in the public eye, and/or something more innovative, like Pauline's virtual season five.

#882 The flyer

The flyer

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

You can quote posts and reply to them in the same post. Please do so, as the process of merging them is quite irritating for us moderators.

Anyway, considering my history, it'd be the height of hypocrisy to try and dissuade anyone from saving Enterprise, but I feel I should tell you that what you're proposing is identical to what Save Enterprise tried to do (and, to a limited extent, succeeded in doing), and I find it unlikely a lot of people would be willing to try it all over again. I don't say this to discourage you; I merely wish to ensure you're in possession of all the facts.

If you want my advice, I think your time would be better doing your little bit on your own, sending and letters and keeping Enterprise in the public eye, and/or something more innovative, like Pauline's virtual season five.

thank you, your the first one to really give me a response.

Yes I have bagun to notice that the passion reviving Enterprise is getting harder and harder to find. But what if we did something a little more drastic.

The large amounts of fans all working together to convince the network to revive Enterprise would be Ideal. But if that fails there is another option.

What about starting a fan-funded network and round up any willing fan fiction writers and college film students, hire any of the original cast we can find and make the show ourselves..

Edited by The flyer, 11 September 2011 - 09:45 AM.

#883 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

Not a good idea proposing a 'Fan Funded Network' because it is much like the idea for fans to fund Enterprise back in 2005, that idea was battered on the internet more than a Catagory 5 Hurricane.

Start very very small in your goals don't aim too high and then build up, SE tried pretty much all the big things and we got laughed at a lot of the ideas so you got to come up with something small but exciting to entice people, also don't forget about the factor of it it's been off for six years now and many fans stopped campaigning once the options dried up as said we tried everything however.....If I was you I would try building up a fan made 'Industry' for example Fan Fiction, Fan Art and Fan Productions etc of Enterprise and then see what sort of reception they'd get amongst the people because right now Enterprise is getting a better deal of praise than what it had in the past, people who once disliked it intensely now see value in it so by banding together people who make fan material you could see if it makes any impact on the people but you'll have to work hard to make something happen, it will be quite a ride.

#884 The flyer

The flyer

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

Not a good idea proposing a 'Fan Funded Network' because it is much like the idea for fans to fund Enterprise back in 2005, that idea was battered on the internet more than a Catagory 5 Hurricane.

Start very very small in your goals don't aim too high and then build up, SE tried pretty much all the big things and we got laughed at a lot of the ideas so you got to come up with something small but exciting to entice people, also don't forget about the factor of it it's been off for six years now and many fans stopped campaigning once the options dried up as said we tried everything however.....If I was you I would try building up a fan made 'Industry' for example Fan Fiction, Fan Art and Fan Productions etc of Enterprise and then see what sort of reception they'd get amongst the people because right now Enterprise is getting a better deal of praise than what it had in the past, people who once disliked it intensely now see value in it so by banding together people who make fan material you could see if it makes any impact on the people but you'll have to work hard to make something happen, it will be quite a ride.

Thanks. Ok then but before I go all out on that I have one more question. Since the original network doesn't seem interested, did anyone attempt asking other networks if they would be interested in continuing where they left off?

#885 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

I think fans pushed for it to go to SyFy early on in the piece but I think most of the focus was just on Paramount.

#886 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

That's right; we did a campaign to ask Syfy (then Sci-Fi) to pick it up. I'd forgotten.

#887 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

It's hard to remember some four years of actions, the list was pretty long.

#888 The flyer

The flyer

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:09 PM

I think fans pushed for it to go to SyFy early on in the piece but I think most of the focus was just on Paramount.

Well why not work this angle a little more directly this time around. Paramount seems like they would like nothing better than to kill star trek since they supposedly had a hard time with enterprise the first time around. but ofer the years since there arnt any more star treks being made for television people who wouldnt give Enterprise a chance or that didnt know about it or who werent watching star trek yet, have started watching the reruns, or buying the dvd's or getting episodes on itunes have started to realize how good the show was and myself included very pissed off to find out about its very abrupt premature ending. If we could convince another network(any network would do) to see that Enterprises following has been growing since its cancellation they might be able to see the incrdible luck that they have that Paramount doesn't want a show with such a larg amount of potential viewers that could boost their ratings.

#889 tish

tish

Commander of Starfleet

• Members
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

I too agree that Enterprise, now that it is readily available for viewers, as opposed to when it originally aired on UPN after being preempted by local sports news (geesh) is gathering a world wide following who feel as you do about the premature cancellation. Season 4 was one of the best seasons in all of Star Trek. Would that we could have the lead in to the Romulan War and the beginning of the Federation of Planets in canon Star Trek. It is a shame to have this blank slate in this wonderful story.

Of course, we do love our S5Enterprise video stories and our Dispatches from the Romulan War stories to tide us over. Thanks Pauline, Allee, Thomas, Hair and Ensign Edwards! :buttrock:
TUCKER: Malcolm? REED: I see it. TUCKER: Good. Means I'm not hallucinating. How can a ship be bigger on the inside than the outside? REED: It could be a hologram. TUCKER: Hand me that hyperspanner. (drops it down the hole - it hits bottom after two seconds) REED: You're not going down there? TUCKER: Got to get my spanner back.

#890 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:03 AM

Enterprise does need a better books deal, the current one is unacceptable at the moment particularly since it covered the war we all were eager to see after so much hinting and we got new books once every few years.

SE had a rough start when we campaigned and by the time we recovered it was all pretty much over despite having great people working on things it was almost a 24/7 thing here, we had lots of great ideas but the opportunity to use them to effect swept past us.
So campaign smartly and not fanatically and you may just get through with something, I have a group on Facebook called "Enterprise News Today' so if you need help drop a line and see what I can do to help.

#891 paulinem

paulinem

Connortator Extraordinaire...

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

Thanks Tish and AT!

You guys know that I would do anything to get Enterprise on the air again, but there a problems. One being, when anyone voices their support to bring back Enterprise, you immediately get the negatives responses. Yes, people loved the show, or hated it but ended up loving it, but that's as much as you will get. They don't want to campaign anymore because they don't see that voices united can make a difference. I troll other sites and often see new people trying what you are, Flyer, and they immediately get shot down. As I said, they don't see the point. Comments like:

That ship has passed. Not going to happen. Move on. Etc, etc, etc...

So uniting the fans once more will be extremely difficult.

The other issue is Les Monvees. From what I understand, he hated the show, so until he is removed/retired/whatever from being CEO of CBS/Paramount, we've got no chance. However, I do remember reading that when someone contacted CBS the person who they communicated with said that there were still a lot of supporters to bring back Enterprise at CBS/Paramount, it was just a matter of biding our time.

I'm not saying the above to discourage you, flyer, it's just that I wanted to put that out there for consideration. You do have my support.

On that note. I did a little rash/insane/bold thing this morning. I tweeted Flashpoint to Anthony Montgomery. Posted Image I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens there! If it backfires I'll claim insanity! Posted Image

Posted Image

Persistence, Patience and Perseverance Pays Off!

(practice makes perfect)

#892 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:13 PM

I think it was a good move to see if it gets Anthony Montgomery's attention, it's worth a try if something happens good if nothing happens it's not the end of the world things will keep on going.

Did anything ever top the original Direct-to-DVD video campaign video? It was two minutes of sheer brilliance and it was so nice to work on the project can't believe it was 5 years ago that Skippy2k and I were in the chat room pretty much daily and built it up, Skippy2k done all the visuals and I helped give ideas of what it should have and I wish we got to do another because it was so cool.

#893 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:25 PM

I haven't seen that vid, AT! Thanks for posting it.

As I said at the Cubby, I haven't heard back yet. But who knows. I think we was away this weekend, so I'm still hoping. I also noticed that Tish and Allee tweeted the website.

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#894 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:23 AM

You never seen the famous (least to us) Save Enterprise internet ad before? well Trekunited ad but it was developed here in SE, you briefly see Guinan added in there i believe that idea came from a Rhett Coates who frequented here i believe that was his idea, something about he actually submitted a Guinan script to CBS/Paramount.

Hopefully the video will inspire some people again to do something with Enterprise like fan stories, campajgn, whatever they need it for.

#895 The flyer

The flyer

2nd Year Cadet

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 06:30 PM

You never seen the famous (least to us) Save Enterprise internet ad before? well Trekunited ad but it was developed here in SE, you briefly see Guinan added in there i believe that idea came from a Rhett Coates who frequented here i believe that was his idea, something about he actually submitted a Guinan script to CBS/Paramount.

Hopefully the video will inspire some people again to do something with Enterprise like fan stories, campajgn, whatever they need it for.

Well trek united isn't the only website that I've seen with forums about enterprise and each one has many testimonies Of people who once hated enterprise and now can't get enough of it. Along with the rest of the die hard enterprise fans. The save enterprise campaign needs to start searching the web for these stories and begin printing them off and sending them in to paramount nonstop for months with out end show them the how the general opinion of enterprise has changed over the last few years.

#896 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

Some of you may have seen this, but others may have not:

A new hope, maybe:

Brannon Braga - Netflix could bring back Enterprise

In this light, I'm going to try a new campaign on twitter (and FB - though that's not so visible). So far I've started with this:

If I had access to @Netflix in Australia, I'd certainlywatch #StarTrekEnterprise online, because I love the show and want to seemore...

I am looking at other things I can tweet, possibly something like:

@Netflix - people forget that TATV happened 10 years after they launched, 6 years after #TerraPrime – there is a big gap to fill...

I'm also looking at trying to pimp out S5 somehow - ya never know!

Anyways, here's hoping that this time our voices are being heard!

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#897 KaiRo

KaiRo

Ensign

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Yes, one problem there is that Netflix is not available in a lot of the world. Another of course is that it's more convenient to watch your DVDs than to pay for watching the same content in less quality and with a lot more privacy invasion over the Internet. ;-)
Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments.
Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073 (Star Trek: First Contact)

#898 Beast Boy

Beast Boy

Admiral

• Members
  • 1,658 posts
  • Location:Galaxy-alpha quadrant-sector 001-Earth-Russian Federation.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

Yes, one problem there is that Netflix is not available in a lot of the world. Another of course is that it's more convenient to watch your DVDs than to pay for watching the same content in less quality and with a lot more privacy invasion over the Internet. ;-)

I agree with you about Netflix because this server unavailable in some country's( for example in my country).

Maybe better will do selling DVD discs with this series in the entire world ?

What do you think about my idea or you think what this is impossible do ?

Edited by Beast Boy, 27 March 2013 - 08:36 AM.

gKZxu0v.jpg?1

#899 paulinem

paulinem

• Members
  • 4,636 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

I understand what you are both saying, I too, own all 4 seasons on DVD, but the thing is here that this is the first time that there is a tangible reality that if ST:ENT gets enough viewership on Netflix that they might, I stress Might, bring the series back for another season, possibly more.

I also don't have access to Netflix in Australia, but if I did I would certainly support the show by watching online, that is how passionate I am about bringing the show back. There are ways you can promote your support even if you don't have access to Netflix:

There is a facebook page: Netflix Campaign I read on one of the comments that Doug Drexler is behind this. Go and like the page, leave comments, share, etc....

Anthony Montgomery (Ensign Travis Mayweather) is open to resurecting his role: Anthony Montgomer Facebook Go check it out...

I've also been conducting a Twitter campaign:

If I had access to @Netflix in Australia, I'd certainlywatch #StarTrekEnterprise online, because I love the show and want to seemore...

and:

@Netflix I can see a fifth season and beyond for#StarTrekEnterprise . It can be done.

and:

@Netflix - people forget that TATV happened 10 years after theylaunched, 6 years after #TerraPrime – there is a big gap to fill...

I've also been tweeting this:

one possible scenariofor Season 5 of #StarTrekEnterprise... #Netflix

and:

2 years after Terra Prime, the crews of Enterprise & Columbia are enjoying a rare moment together until they receive a call for help. #Netflix #StarTrekEnterprise S5E1

etc...

In summing up, it's all about visibility, about numbers, about popularity. Get the numbers, they may be interested enough to look into it.

I will continue to do my part, hopefully others will follow. I'll shall keep you all updated.

Posted Image

(practice makes perfect)

#900 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

So here is my thought, there is no way they will continue the series. However, a reunion movie or even mini-series is always possible. If people are interested in trying to push for something, I own the saveenterprise.com domain name (That i have currently pointed at the old forum) i can point that to a page that will promote this idea, and of course, everyone can talk about here on the TU forum. I am pretty busy these days, I am helping to produce the Web/Tv pilot film Star Trek: Renegades so I don't have a lot of time for campaigns, but I am always glad to help with the resources at my disposal if the cause is worth while, and not a realistic waste of time.

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

Associate Producer of Star Trek: Renegades, Coming soon!!

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users