The Future of Save Enterprise

899 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce2

Bruce2

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:48 PM

Since Enterprise was cancelled in 2005, it could not be saved, so the SE campaign came to an end.

But the Campaign to get the show back never stopped, many have continued to send snail mail and email & phone calls to CBS, SyFy.

There have been many new fans join in the campaign, these new fans did not even know the show had been cancelled, and were shocked when they found out.

The views to many of the topics in the SE archives continue to grow by the thousands.

There is a need for an active campaign area here at TU, this is an open invitation for all here to throw out some Ideas about this and what the new campaign name could be.

Enterprise Fans 4 New Episodes
is the name I will throw out.

May any one with an Idea please post it here.

Later Bruce
Here is a site with Current Campaign Info and what U can do to help http://www.freewebs.com/stenterprise/

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

Not as far as I'm concerned.

It's shame to hear you say that Bruce... I was counting on your support. Especially since over 3 score and 10 SE DVDs have already been sent out over close to a three month period. Your 'Never Surrender' site even got it's own weblink in the Rom content section too.

I've been all over contacting Executives within the Studio for ages now. It's a pity we've got to this stage, turning on each other. If you have better ideas, then take the lead and see if you can drum up support.

#3 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:10 PM

Everything I do goes under that banner. Save Enterprise now stands for more than what it did back in 2005. Saving it from obscurity for one thing, reminding others of its existence and it's an everpresent reminder that a section of the fanbase were ignored back then and continue to be now. SE is tied into the cancellation you see and that's leaves a question hanging in the air, for new fans to pick up on. "What? They cancelled this? Why?" I'll keep on pushing for the answer I want, a reversal of that decision forever... in my own small way.

Heh, you only have to visit Amazon.com to see that I've spammed Enterprise (and other past Trek) products like DVDs with the emblem. It's on my YouTube video site. If I had technical support, I'd carry it over to a dedicated site away from Trekunited. But for now, I have to make do.

Bruce, if everyone votes to ditch SE. Fine. I can't stop you. I'll just carry on reminding everybody about Save Enterprise anyway. I believe in it.

#4 Bruce2

Bruce2

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:27 PM

Everything I do goes under that banner. Save Enterprise now stands for more than what it did back in 2005. Saving it from obscurity for one thing, reminding others of its existence and it's an everpresent reminder that a section of the fanbase were ignored back then and continue to be now. SE is tied into the cancellation you see and that's leaves a question hanging in the air, for new fans to pick up on. "What? They cancelled this? Why?" I'll keep on pushing for the answer I want, a reversal of that decision forever... in my own small way.

Heh, you only have to visit Amazon.com to see that I've spammed Enterprise (and other past Trek) products like DVDs with the emblem. It's on my YouTube video site. If I had technical support, I'd carry it over to a dedicated site away from Trekunited. But for now, I have to make do.

Bruce, if everyone votes to ditch SE. Fine. I can't stop you. I'll just carry on reminding everybody about Save Enterprise anyway. I believe in it.

Hey CP, I think you need to reread my post!

I did not kill SE Trek United DID!

Stop and think about the name Save Enterprise, the show died in first run with its cancellation, and so did the posibility of saving it, when something dies it is beyond saving.

But a resurection is possible, shows have been brought back!

I know that many fans had a problem with continuing the "Save" campaign, voicing it in open form and thru pms emails for this reason.

When a mod here at TU decided to end the campaign and assign SE to archives it hurt me beyond expression, as I knew that there was and is a huge amount of fans that read the info here about how to get our beloved show back!

But since TU has killed the active SE campaign here at TU I believe that it would be in the best interest of getting our show back to come up with a NEW and Accurate Name for the Campaign which never has died (while some members have quit or slowed), the campaign to get our show back has continued since the cancellation was announce in Feb 2005.

In the last year several new sites have popped up in support of our show.

Interest in Enterprise and getting new episodes is on a definite upswing!!!

My post was meant as an attention getter, and motvitor to get folks to read, and submit ideas that can help the campaign continue to grow!

I am all for having our campaign in an active area of Trek United, it could be titled "Enterprise Campaign Info Past & Present" then move the archives into that area which could also contain current campaign info and activities.

I know that a New Name on the Campaign could and would draw in a lot of old members that had an issue with the word save.

I hope this clears up my post, no negitives were meant, I still am behind getting our show back in a way that would draw in the most support, I think all fans who are serious about campaigning are willing to make what ever changes we need to make to draw in maximum support for getting our show back.

I am, at one time I never though I would be posting here at TU again, but in the intrest of our show I am, I miss having my posting history attached to my name, I believe I was over 2500, I have never been that active on any other board, usually gaining less than 200 posts, but I swallowed my pride and am moving forward.

Now is the time for all of us to unite and move forward with a name that is worthy of the show that we want to get back!

Later Bruce

Edited by Bruce2, 27 July 2009 - 06:28 PM.

Here is a site with Current Campaign Info and what U can do to help http://www.freewebs.com/stenterprise/

#5 Bruce2

Bruce2

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:39 PM

Large companies re-brand all the time to stay current and get maximum public support, Pepsi has just introduced a new logo this year, they have had many different campaign names, as had Coke,

Pepsi cola 12 full ounces thats a lot, the Pepsi generation, Coke is it!, Coke a cola is the real thing. there have been a sleu of campaign by both of these companies, why? because they wanted to be up to date and current!

The goal was always the same increase public awareness!

So too with our endevor, the campaigns name may change, but it continues.

Change can be for the good!

Later Bruce

#6 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:47 PM

Don't forget all those slogans didn't change the company name just the slogans attached to them for us an example would be like "Save Enterprise, Helping bring Enterprise back for you" or something along those lines.

SE would be back up and roaring tomorrow (slight exaggeration) if we knew how to use web programs that allow us to update the site (Trekunited.com/saveenterprise) etc
if only it was HTML, we could cut and paste our way to getting SE working and also things a second time around will be faster because the Exec Staff won't need to oversee everything we do like the old times when decisions took awhile to go from here to Exec to here again (one example was three months!).

Anyway this is the best way stuff i could do http://bratpackunderground.com/ no where near what is needed but you know with more practice on programs things will be ok

#7 Bruce2

Bruce2

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:10 AM

Don't forget all those slogans didn't change the company name just the slogans attached to them for us an example would be like "Save Enterprise, Helping bring Enterprise back for you" or something along those lines.

SE would be back up and roaring tomorrow (slight exaggeration) if we knew how to use web programs that allow us to update the site (Trekunited.com/saveenterprise) etc
if only it was HTML, we could cut and paste our way to getting SE working and also things a second time around will be faster because the Exec Staff won't need to oversee everything we do like the old times when decisions took awhile to go from here to Exec to here again (one example was three months!).

Anyway this is the best way stuff i could do http://bratpackunderground.com/ no where near what is needed but you know with more practice on programs things will be ok

Coke, Pepsi, Enterprise.......

If "Save Enterprise" sticks so be it, I just know that a few insiders didn't like it, and a lot of non members thought it made no sense after the cancellation, many who may have come to a continuing campaign were turned off by the word Save, I can take it either way, but to draw in the maximum support, I think it wise to consider a more neutral campaign name.

If not many speak up then it may not even matter at this point in time.

Either way we will continue! Later Bruce

#8 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:34 AM

Check this out fellas, we may not have to become I.T professionals afterall
http://www.trekunite...showtopic=18596

#9 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:37 AM

Wow, fans really ought to stop caring what others think. You know we're not still shellshocked because of the bashing Enterprise received. Newsflash.... there are fans out there who don't want it back and they will always use any excuse to shoot down any movement. It doesn't matter whether it's called Save Enterprise, Bring Back Enterprise or Just Phloxing Give Us More Enterprise! The problem here for those people is the word Enterprise. Screw them! It's not our fault if they stubbornly refuse to give quarter to others with different opinions about what constitutes Star Trek.

My Save Enterprise DVD went down fine with these guys (sort of an unofficial focus group):

http://trekbbs.com/s...ead.php?t=97672

They had no problem with the name and understood how it still needed "saving".

Bruce, I don't understand what you're problem is Save Enterprise. Tim Brazeal perhaps? Who has had absolutely nothing to do with the movement since 2005, when he organised a rally outside the Studio. I prefer to let other people make up their own mind about things. I think you take too much of what bashers say to heart. They've always used any crutch handy to bash this show to death.... Akiraprise? Too advanced? Sexed-up? Not a true prequel because it didn't meet preconceptions? You know I'm speaking the truth.

Why pay attention to fans who aren't on your side and have irreconcilable differences? Those guys probably hate the fact JJ Abrams' film payed lip service to an Enterprise character... even now, still refusing to acknowledge the show ever existed.

Save Enterprise existed before Trekunited. Back then it stood for saving it from cancellation. Now it stands for saving it from being forgotten about. Save Enterprise's reputation... so we get more than one measly book a year... so we get that damn Art Asylum/DST action figure collection completed... so we get references to it in future Star Trek on TV and Film... and ultimately we get some kind of cast reunion onscreen someday.

#10 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 05:38 PM

Are you saying (and this is important to me) are we going to push for more books and completed figurines (or new ones) as well as the usual things in the out of archived Save Enterprise?

#11 Bruce2

Bruce2

Ensign

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:41 PM

We have heard from 2 people about the name "Save Enterprise" what does everyone else think? we would like to hear from you......

Thanks Bruce

Edited by Bruce2, 28 July 2009 - 06:46 PM.

#12 ensign edwards

ensign edwards

Player of all things Warcraft

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 14,686 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

I'm not sure it's the only option, but SE does have notoriety and name recognition that can't be matched.

#13 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:55 PM

Yes, I think so Aussie Trekkie. We should be campaigning for anything solely related to ENT. Whether it comic books, DST to complete its action figure line-up, audio books read by the cast, tie-ins of any sort. More stuff to do with this show, with the ultimate aim for a live-action reunion.

Bruce, I only caught a small amount of your post and decided to sign in to read the rest. Have your say. Don't delete anything. I don't begrudge anybody having an opinion, posting it online and sticking to it. Right now, as type this somebody is probably slagging off my comment on another board, for daring to suggest a fifth season of Enterprise should be the future. Why should I care what they think? I could easily hold their idea in equal contempt but why waste my energy? You're right in that I am sore. I'm sore about what happened with Enterprise and I always will be. I used to be a massive fan of this franchise and their decision has coloured my whole attitude to Star Trek frankly.

#14 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:55 PM

I thought Save Enterprise was a bad name until CP give his thoughts and it made alot of sense to me what the name implies, we do have something to defend you know and it's not just our reputation but we got to save Enterprise from non existence of official merchandise just as CP mentioned.

Don't forget if we lose the books, we don't have much left

#15 Tom

Tom

TrekUnited Owner & Co-Founder

• Managment
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:01 PM

I believe that SE can still continue but not here anymore on TU. Trekunited needs to evolve away from the SE campaign and grow in new ways. I support those who wish to keep SE going (even if I choose not to be active in it) and I have something I'm working on that will give SE some more life and to be around who have like minded concerns. I am hesitant to reveal more right now.

TrekUnited - Owner & Co-Founder

Associate Producer of Star Trek: Renegades, Coming soon!!

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

"To boldly do what no one has done before..."

#16 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

why hesitant? If you believe an SE future will not be attached to TU then basically the new plan you got must be to bump SE to somewhere else no doubt a .net or a .org destination because if it ain't here where can it possibly go?

#17 ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike

Fleet Admiral

• SaveEnterprise Alumni
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:19 PM

Tom, whatever you're working on... I'd like to thank you for your efforts, no matter how this turns out. SE has been spiralling out of control for ages now or just plain inactive... depending on whose side you take and how you look at it. If those still committed to the cause want to go hang out at Bruce's site, because this place carries a stigma, that's probably for the best. Even when this new home for SE is up and running, I doubt I'll be able to meet the various demands placed on me. I don't exactly live online and like to step back every once in a while, to take care of my real life. Posting is a spare time activity to be enjoyed, not a thing to be pressurized into doing or a forum to continually vent your spleen in.

I have to leave now. It's already several hours past my bedtime and if I don't force myself to go, I'll be here until the break of dawn. I'll check back tomorrow.

#18 Tom

Tom

• Managment
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:31 PM

why hesitant? If you believe an SE future will not be attached to TU then basically the new plan you got must be to bump SE to somewhere else no doubt a .net or a .org destination because if it ain't here where can it possibly go?

It's bit more complicated than just putting it on its own domain. There is another part that I hope will give it some exposure also, thats what im working on, I will tell you and CP before I post it in public view.

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

#19 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

I'm sure whatever you do Tom would be wonderful only have to look at GalacticaBBS for example anyway all this talk about SE future is really something from a Enterprise news reporter point of view it makes interesting articles the question of the relaunch of SE.

You'll be fine CP, you'll have some old hands backing you up for example Terrell is coming as part of the packaged deal i made with him (I help his fan production and he helps us) and hopefully some newcomers will come along too but yeah everything will be fine and i don't think there be any serious demands on you except get something on the board for Enterprise fans

#20 Tom

Tom

• Managment
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:37 PM

If I were to say warm or cold, you are warm on the off TU part but cold on the rest LOL

GalacticaBBS.com - Owner

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users