Food for thought

6 replies to this topic

#1 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

The Amateur Internet Radio DJ

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:40 AM

This morning Australians woke to the news that variety show Hey Hey It's Saturday is returning with two reunion specials in October, this news comes nearly a decade after the show was controversially axed after 27 years it is hoped if these reunion specials go well a full return will come in 2010 and at the rate of online fans joining the groups this is a strong possibility.

Support for Hey Hey snowballed after several groups popped up on Facebook, generating at least a thousand new members to the group per week calling for it's return per week which the Courier Mail paper in Brisbane reporting the Hey Hey It's Saturday group in which you can become a fan has 47,000 members at the time of printing todays paper (it is now at this time 50,138 fans)

Why post this? well some fans have said what about a reunion special for Enterprise and well Enterprise has been off for 4 years and Hey Hey has been off for 10 and if they can get one well why not Enterprise, today's news proves that public demand can win the day the question is can the public score a win for Enterprise???

Enterprise has 10,000 fans on Facebook at this present time
http://www.facebook....05260684?ref=ts

Facebook Comments Below ( All comments made with your Facebook account are subject to moderator discretion )

#2 John Doe

John Doe

Commodore

• Members
  • 702 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:20 AM

Heh, good to know about this... even if I don't know about the show you're talking about.

But that's not the point.

The point is, Enterprise stands on its own, even with most of the Star Trek fans against it (and we know this is real).
All we need to do is to show the world that there's still interest on ENT, so that will get more fans and later will get attention from the execs who are responsible for the show and the franchise.

Besides the "online fans", Star Trek: Enterprise still has got the old fans plus many others who found out about the show on reruns and syndication. So we are in a position where more "Enterprise" is actually feasible, at least on a tv movie.

Without trying to sound egotistical... (...) I have my own ideas and aspirations which were countlessly shot down in the past. I've no interest in being in that position again.

#3 trek forever

trek forever

Captain

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:36 AM

This is all very encouraging....

Best wishes,

Scott

#4 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:41 AM

Hey Hey was no joke Saturday night in Australia, not Aussie Rules Football or a Saturday night movie and when it was pulled it ticked off thousands of fans but nothing could be done in the early years even after the network for years tried a million and one ideas to fill in the gap until people started asking in small numbers and then as i mentioned it snowballed into the thousands and tens of thousands.

We need the Enterprise fans to come and celebrate Enterprise, campaign for Enterprise or be there to be seen in an Enterprise group and in large numbers and more importantly keep up the chatter

But basically the news today shows even after a decade, if you still want something and you say you want it and fellow fans say they want it together then it can come

#5 Bill

Bill

TU Manager (aka DefiantVulcan)

• Managment
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:48 AM

Nothing ever really ends in the television industry. So many shows from the past are being revived or rebooted.
What is needed is a strong, upward moving executive at CBS (sympathetic to Enterprise) to convince his peers that a direct to DVD or TV movie would be a profitable venture.
You never know what could happen, time will tell.

Life is a con
stant series of adaptations. and I am adapting as fast as I can!

#6 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:44 AM

Depends on the genre really and the networks ability to find something to fill whatever the former show timeslot is but usually returns in Australia are mostly only comedyy and game shows, good luck if your show belongs in a diff catagory.

I wish I knew what an CBS exec wants to see to make them say yes to Enterprise having a reunion special, Direct-to-DVD movie, small cinema run movie, cartoon, comics or whatever the fans been calling for it over the last four years, it would be so much easier but i guess we have to continue to play whack-a-mole until we hit one that gets the wheels turning and pointed towards CBS

#7 Aussie Trekkie

Aussie Trekkie

• Members
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:34 PM

heres an update

Hey Hey It's Saturday return video
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=29wKJOi1bD0

The Hey Hey It's Saturday (became a fan of) group has at this moment 195,217 fans at this present time now Enterprise only has 11,000 fans now remember on July 25 i reported 50,000 fans thats nearly 150,000 extra people in one month amazing figures of an Australian show heck most international shows wouldn't grow by 150,000 in a month.........if only we could get numbers like that.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users